main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [PotC] Reflections (Post-CotBP AU vignette series) Vignette 1 posted 7/29/2008

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LadyLunas, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Title: Reflections
    Author: Lady Lunas
    Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean
    Genre: AU - Drama/Romance
    Characters: Elizabeth Swann, Jack Sparrow
    Summary: Elizabeth is forced to make an important decision when her life changes for the worse.
    Notes: Disregards both DMC and AWE as this was written before either came out.

Disclaimer: PotC belongs to Disney.

Leaving

Elizabeth stared out to sea, the wind blowing through her hair, sending it into tangles. She did not much care at the moment. She hadn?t cared since she had lain Will into the earth a month ago.

After everything they had been though- near death, cursed pirates, and kidnappings- he had to die from a fever. Neither of them had known how bad it would take him. He had lain in bed for over a week, delirious, before finally succumbing at sunset. She didn?t like sunsets now.

Tears formed in her eyes and she clenched her fists. She would not cry. Not in front of James. He and Sarah had offered to let her stay with them. Elizabeth had been tempted. She didn?t like living in the small house Will had bought for them. It held too many memories, both good and bad. But she didn?t want the embarrassment that would come from becoming so dependent on her friends.

James did the only thing he could. He contacted the captain of the Black Pearl. Elizabeth hadn?t known he would do that. He and the pirate had never been on the best of terms. They had come to an understanding at the Turner?s wedding, that Jack would not prey on British ships and James would not pursue him. It was a satisfactory arrangement, for the most part.

Jack had responded almost immediately. He hadn?t known that Will died until after the burial. He couldn?t risk coming into Port Royal at that time, but he did send a letter. The entire crew had either signed or made their mark on it. Elizabeth had been touched.

Elizabeth sighed and glanced over at her companion. James was standing a few feet away, eyes on the horizon. She was grateful to him, though he did not know that she had also sent for Jack. Needless to say, when she found out that he had done the same, she burst into tears. It was the first time she cried since the funeral.

So now both of them were standing on the beach, waiting for one of the Pearl?s boats to land. Elizabeth didn?t even smile as it came to a halt and a figure leapt over the side into the water.

James stepped forward and greeted the pirate after he splashed out onto the beach. Elizabeth stayed where she was, watching silently. Soon after, the man stepped away from James and approached the young widow.

Jack was silent, almost solemn. His brown eyes were full of sorrow and what looked like pity. Elizabeth raised her head and looked him in the eye. She didn?t want pity.

Jack almost smiled at that and held out his hand.

?Time to go, Elizabeth.?

She glanced at James and gave him a small smile of thanks. He nodded back and stepped away, letting her leave.

Elizabeth walked with Jack into the water and towards the boat, where Gibbs was already waiting. She climbed in, Jack close behind, and settled herself onto the seat. Jack took the oars and began rowing towards the Pearl. Gibbs squeezed Elizabeth?s shoulder and settled beside her, silent.

She didn?t look back.

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :_|

Will died? It's difficult for me to imagine Elizabeth without Will and vice versa, but since this AU I'm sure it will turn out very... erm... interestingly (that's not the right word :p ) for Elizabeth.

Is this going to be a series of vignettes, then?

Looking forwards to more! :)

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Will isn't even my favorite character, and I'm sorry he's dead. :(

Still, Jack is more fun anyway. :p

You have some nice visuals--Elizabeth's hair tangling, and the sunset that she doesn't like anymore.

Nice final line, too.

Lots of adventures in store for her, I'm sure!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :_| :_| That's so sad!! Poor Elizabeth!!

5. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Okay, you're all going to laugh at me, but I wanted Elizabeth to leave Will and run off with Jack anyway :p

So I love the story-- even though it is sad, admittedly-- and I can't wait for more!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|:_|

How devastating a fever would take Will but at least he and Elizabeth had some time to be together.

I'm not surprised she would join Jack after Will's death, though.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.