main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Potential Game/Movie Night Sept 26

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Sep 11, 2014.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    It's been a while since we've hosted an event at our house and we need an excuse to get to cleaning, but before we do we need to know if there's enough interest. The Mrs and I are looking at Friday night Sept 26. The plan is to start around 7PM, snacks and drinks provided but you probably want to eat dinner before. Activities depend on who's able to show but could include XWing, trivia, a round of Cards Against Humanity, watching some stuff other people may not have seen like the Lego Yoda Chronicles or the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars Special (funny stuff) or even just popping in one of the movies or some Clone Wars...whatever. Who thinks they can make it?

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I could make it. Mrs. Deamonicus will be at work, but I shall be there. CAH is a great game.

3. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I may be able to make it..

4. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    We have family coming in from Germany at this time...

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Germany you say....hmmm, too bad I dont have time to give you a small shopping list to ask them to bring.

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I think this sounds great.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, Mrs jedimika spoke with 11-11 and Mindtwister and they expressed at least an interest so this event IS A GO. Details as above...start about 7PM, flexible activities. PM me for a street address for the GPS or directions as needed.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  9. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you for hosting Mika and Sarah!

I think Appo and I can make it but will have to leave some what early.. he has military games that weekend. That's unless it's an over niter for him and.. I hope not.

10. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I will be there!

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Have to offer some apologies in advance...the doggie went into Congestive Heart Failure this last week and was put on doggie lasix and digoxin so he can't really hold his bladder while we're at work. We're doing what we can but there may be a lingering odor Friday. (good news is he's improved) Plus ants have decided they're looking for someplace warm now and have started sneaking into the kitchen.
    The wife and I don't keep an immaculate house but I don't want you to think we're total slobs either. Sorry in advance.

12. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Mika and Sara;
    Well were glad doggie is doing better and sometimes living in the country can be a blessing when coming into the city (farm creatures and the smells that come with them). Every time we've been to your place it always has the appearance of a lived in home. Which means to me that you aren't providing museum quality surrounding for people. The ants can be a problem anywhere you live and that's just one of those little things we all run into one time or another. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and spending time with you all.:cool:

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    glad that the woof is feeling better

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You both keep a very nice home, and we are glad to be welcomed.
    We all just want the puppy to be OK.

And now that I live in Germantown/Highlands: I understand about ants. Our entire city is just one huge ant colony. We got hit over the summer. After we made sure all the sweets and food were put away, and the bug killer was put down-- they still kept coming. What was it they wanted? Hand soap. Vanilla scented hand soap. They marched in, and ate soap, and died. Ants aren't that bright.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks gang. Oh and FYI the dog toots a lot so if you smell something else check if he's anywhere close before you blame the person next to you :)

16. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    FEARFICK!!

Appo had military over this whole weekend and when he came home Friday he was just too pooped to pop.

He was able to get off early on Saturday and that was fortunate because we were able to make the Juvenile Cancer Foundation walk.

Man, well... we hope to see everyone at some time soon and if nothing else, at the Book Club meeting. :cool:

17. Isulf

Isulf Jedi Knight

Feb 26, 2009
    Sorry Mika, I got the dates mixed up. Sorry I missed it. I will be hosting a Halloween party at my place on the 31st. and hope all can make it. Again sorry I missed the gathering, as I miss all of you.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks again to everyone that made it sorry we missed those that couldn't be there. The wife and I really enjoyed having you over and playing Cards Against Humanity, Trivia and XWing.

19. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Thanks for having everyone over.

20. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I could not have had more fun!
    Thank you Mika for being the host with the most once again! Trivia was fun, and well thought out-- and X-wing was great (who knew 11 was a little Thrawn?) and of course the company was great too!
    Thanks so much Mika! It was a great bachelor party.:)

21. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks for having us over! Now I need to learn to play the xwing game....lol.

22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    had a fun night. Thanks for having us. it was fun