main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

potential new FanForce member - help me out

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by mdunn77, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdunn77

mdunn77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007

I massively enjoyed CE and I'm still experiencing a major resurgence in Star Wars-related excitement.

Most of my involvement over the past few years has been EU-related; I'm an avid reader (and collector) of all adult Star Wars novels (i.e. none of the 'teen' books like the Last of the Jedi series, etc). I have a number of signed, first edition Star Wars novels, particularly the Zahn books. I'm also starting out on a collection of Master Replicas goodies; I have a 1:1 Darth Sidious LE (EP3) and a Darth Vader LE (EP3) lightsaber (both 1:1 scale), as well as very nice LE CloneTrooper helmet (again, 1:1).

Anyway, I've posted a few times on this board since CE and I'm looking to branch out to the appropriate regional FanForce board. I live in Guildford.. so would the FanForce London, or FanForce South board be best for me?

Also, is the FanForce something I'm meant to join, or is active participation on these boards sufficient?

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Hi and welcome to the boards [face_peace]

If you haven't already check them out, on the boards with have areas where you can talk about anything from literature to collecting
    that you might like.

One of the cool things about this site, is that you don't have to be involved with the Fanforce to enjoy the whole of the JC boards. Many people prefer just to talk and post online but if you really want to get together with fellow Star Wars fans then the Fanforce is for you.
    Only thing I can suggest is to post in both the Southern and London boards, get to know the guys better and see where it goes from there. Don't forget to post elsewhere on the boards too :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome mdunn77! :)

It's great to see a new face, especially one from the CE on these boards. If you like to be a FF (FanForce) member, it'll be cool if you post in the boards Coz suggested above. It's really much fun!! But it's not a 'must' of course. If you ask me, it's more than worth to check them out and see what happens then. :D

I hope you enjoy your local FF or FFes. :D

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  5. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Join the south!! Not that i'm biased or anything :p

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    He will join us or die...[/Vader]

:p

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    And feel free to post in the UK Regional Boards, where everyone in the UK can congregate.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hi there!

As said above, the main board is quite active and a good place to get to know who's around. Some of the chapters are a bit quiet at the moment, but we're hoping to get them going now that CE has finished :)

9. mdunn77

mdunn77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
    thanks all.. loads to check out by the looks of things :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.