main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

POTJ or Vintage Vehicles

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Nova, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey there all you Smugglers Alliance members....

So I will be moving to the next phase of my collecting journey in the next few months and would like some imput....

I am going to pick up all the vinatge TIE Fighters, but I am thinking of adding a Y-Wing and B-Wing to the collection cause lets face it they are pretty sweet!

I was doing some looking on e-Bay and it looks like the Vintage and POTJ versions of these 2 ships are selling at about the same rate. So I THINK I am going to go with the vinatge ships.

I didnt watch the POTJ B-Wing and Y-Wing production numbers but judging from the going rate the Y-Wing looks to be a bit cheaper, so I assume that it is the more common of the 2.

So what do you guys think? Vintage or POTJ? Or both?!?!?! That has crossed my mind as well.....

I wont start buying until late summer early fall unless I find a GREAT deal on either. I am going to start with the TIE Fighters, so if anyone can give me a heads up on where to pick these up at a decent price it would be appreciated!

Any deals on the POTJ B or Y wing would be welcomed as well!

EDIT:
    I think I am going to TRY to get the vintage TIE Fighters with their box, maybe maybe not depending on the cash flow.....

2. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Looks like no one is interested in giving me an opinion! ;)

Well the dry spell is over, I found a Final Battle Jango today! Woo hoo!

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    sorry - i dont really know about that side of collecting. maybe Im not a collector- just a sucker..i mean shopper. I only buy things based on necessity for my diorama room, so it all gets opened & displayed- i dont know whats worth more than what or whats more rare. --cool find on the Jango !

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I WOULD GO WITH BOTH . WHEN YOU HAVE SOME DOUBLES LET ME KNOW , I HAVE SOME VINTAGE DOUBLES I MIGHT WANT TO TRADE .

5. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I may be the only person wondering, but what is POTJ? :confused:

6. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    POTJ = Planet Of The Jerks

7. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    POWER OF THE JEDI

8. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Jeff's a liar, he's just ashamed that it's called Planet of the Jerks

9. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    *waves his hand like a Jedi Mind trick*

You want to go home, go to sleep, and rethink your life, JO

:D

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    OK JOEY'S RIGHT .

11. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    I think I better get both as well DH, just casue I'm greedy!
    Planet of the Jerks must be where all teh Hasbro people live, they make it real tough on us collectors at times!

I found a TIE Interceptor on e-Bay that is open, but has the box, sticker sheet, and instructions. Now lets see if I actually win it!

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    How much is it up to? What is your limits? Are you looking for complete items? DH has multiples of vintage vehicels but some are not complete, he would blow them up when he was a kid.

13. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    I just got out bid on a white TIE Fighter, at $24. It is nice but no box so no worries there. I want good complete pieces with their box. They dont have to be IN the box, just want the box along with the ship. I am still winning the Interceptor, but ut still has a couple days to go and you know the snipers are out there.......

14. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    EntertainmentEarth.com occasionally has some good deals. I think I saw a TIE Interceptor there for about $65 recently.

15. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    I got my POTJ TIE Interceptor from YesterToys.com for about $40.

I was out bid on the vintage TIE Interceptor, I dont know if I will put in another bid, since my last bid was $52!

16. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    wow I wish I had a POTJ tie interceptor.

17. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    You mean you dont have one TK???

Some collecting learder you are! ;)

Its not much to look at in the box, all that can see is the center pod and pilot thats about it. The TIE Bomber has the best packaging I have seen so far!

Well the e-Bay stupidity continues....

The vintage TIE Interceptor that I had bid on is now at a mind blowing $115! There is a sealed never opened one that is about to end at half that! Come on people!

Well I have a bid in on a POTJ B-Wing. It ends tonight so I hope I win at least 1 thing I bid on!

Looks like I have devaited from the plan, but ya gotta get what you can when ya can. The B-wing will end at a favorable price, still above retail but no too much I hope. How much were they to begin with???

18. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    i cant imagine only seeing my stuff in the box. I admire your willpower. If you ever want to see an interceptor out of the box - Im hanging mine tonight. I dont have a tie bomber but I have all the other vehicles(i think)- not vintage stuff- the potf & potj stuff.
    man, how do you guys do it ?!

19. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Its not too difficult...

You just keep them in boxes and pretend they arent in there! ;)

I never really had an urge to open any of my stuff. I do hve a few loose figrues though. My SOTE Slave 1 has only been out of its shipping carton 3 times! So I have barelay touched it! Its just so sweet sitting there with no wear what so ever. I am gonna have to get a glass display box for it so I can put it out when the time comes!

I have a the red R2 that came with the EP1 Royal Starship, its loose casue I snaked it out of one while working at TRU a few x-mases ago! SHHHHHH!!!!

I have a couple loose Vaders, an original 95 POTF and that one that came with the Escape From The Death Star game. The one from the game is pretty nice, one of the best Vaders, it has some atriculation and his hand is in the choking position. I have a 95 POTF Stormtrooper and a Darth Sidious loose, cause I got them on REALLY bad cards.

I love the window boxes that the TIE Bomber, Y-Wing and B-Wing are in casue they are the best of both worlds! You can keep em boxed but still see it!

20. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Well due to my insomnia tonight I was online when the B-Wing auction ended.

I won!

I cant beleive it was $30 at retail! I guess I have forgotten how big this ship is!

Well I better go try and get some sleep, but I cant seem to get my brain to turn off tonight.....

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    congrats !

you know what ? i got an EP1 Royal Starship for dirt cheap at toysrus . the droid was missing . why you dirty ...

just kidding . it wouldnt have been so cheap if it still had the figure . it is huge .

22. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Too funny!

Now what TRU was it?

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    WESTMINSTER

24. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Sorry DH, I guess I wasnt the only one swiping the R2s out!!!!
    This was pretty common actually. I saw 3 including the one I swiped taken out of the package. If they hadnt put it under that thin plascic bubble they would have stayed safe!

25. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Droid swiping...a definite path down the Dark Side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.