main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Potluck Anybody?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Ikrik, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey, Phill's back!

That's too bad about the virus, but good to see you're back and interested in going, and hopefully Mike won't hafta work that day.

Location-wise, as I've already said I'm ok with having it at my place. Just to give you all an idea, I live about a block away from the Joyce skytrain station. I'll give more detailed directions as the date gets closer and we know who's going.

Activity-wise, the Star Wars trivial pursuit that Mike mentioned sounds like fun. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up some others as well. If anyone else has something they'd like to bring, please do. And there is always ping-pong, if the rec room in my building is available. But I should warn you, I've been practicing.

2. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    practicing eh? i'll have you know that i have mastered the skills of Neo and i'll beat you with my matrix style fighting skills. Actually i haven't played pingpong in over six months. I'll let Rachel play for me.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    SO Friday, the 28th, yes? Anyone give a hint as to where? or what time starting?

I drop my kids off on Friday evening, and I'd be game to drop by for an hour or two, just to say hi...

Let me know!

*Derisa*

4. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Cool! Glad you can come too Derisa!

5. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Derisa: Yes, it appears that the 28th will work for most (hopefully Mike will be able to book the day off work). As to where, it looks like I will be hosting the event since I haven't read any objections. I live in a high-rise apartment about one block from the Joyce Skytrain station. I will PM the exact address and directions soon to all who have expressed interest. As to what time, that has yet to be determined. As I work at home, I'm going to be here pretty much all day anyway, but we should find out what time would work best for everyone.

Everyone: So what time would be good for you?

6. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    I wouldn't be able to get there until around 7ish.

7. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    i can get there around maybe 4 or 3ish. Just tell me when i can't be there, when your flossing your otter or something else.

8. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Phill, there will be no flossing of otters while I'm around; what you do on your own time is your business. And I don't mind if people come early, but if you're here before 5:00pm I may put you to work.

I've sent a PM with my contact info and directions to my place to everyone who posted in this thread. If there are others interested in coming please do let us know so I can send you the info as well.

9. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, you can officially count me in, now. I have the night off, so I'll be there. I'll bring the SW:Trivial Pursuit too...and this time I'm gonna kick yer butt Alex!!!

10. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm gonna kick yer butt Alex!!!

Bring it on, dude. Bring. It. ON! :p [face_devil]

11. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    Sorry guys, Rachel will school you all. Including Rudy's otter.

12. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Rachel will school you all.

Do I need to remind you of the level of geekness around here? ;)

13. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Phil is being too kind, i'm sure you will all whomp my butt.

14. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    Ah, friday's no good for me, then again; I haven't been to a FanForce meeting since the very first one like three, four years ago (?) with Dan, Alex, Christine, And Derisa and Rani. I think I still owe Rani five bucks for the sushi.

15. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey Mike, glad to read that you're in, that's very cool.

Phill, I thought you were bringing the otter, what's up with that?

Speaking of bringing stuff, we should probably discuss who's bringing what so we don't have everyone bringing the same exact thing. Firstly, a list of what I've got available at home already:

- dips (for chips or veggies)
    - salsa
    - drinks (powdered and concentrate juice)
    - bite sized veggies

I plan on getting some samosas from a neighbourhood restaurant; they make them themselves and they're very tasty. If you're bringing food, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just bring something you like. I don't have any soda pop, so if you can't live without it, you might want to bring some.

And/or you could bring a game or something of that nature. Mike's already said he's bringing SW Trivial Pursuit, but if anyone else has something they'd like to do then by all means bring it along.

16. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    So yeah, I'll be there...and not only will I be there, but I'm bringing my girlfriend, Crystal, as well. So there that is...yup...SW:Trivial Pursuit and a purdy girl...I don't just attend parties...I MAKE parties...

17. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    So there that is...yup...SW:Trivial Pursuit and a purdy girl...

I'm almost jealous. Almost. :p

18. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Okay I can bring some brownies and pop.

I'm sure I'll get whomped on SW TP too.

19. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Brownies, yum!

20. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    hmm, my mom wants to make lasagna, and i'll probably bake cookies and maybe bring chicken, are there any like allergies we should be warned about or is it just we can bring anything. Oh and I'm ALLERGIC TO BRUSSEL SPROUTS! serouisly I am, oh and Mike, i finally get to meet the Legendary Crystal????????? YAY

21. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Chicken sounds good. Since you asked, I'm allergic to milk/milk products.

Wow, that's really nice of your mom Phill.

22. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'll bring some chips. I also won't be there till about noon/one pm. I also won't be able to stay past seven or eight, depending on how late I want to get back home.

23. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    sorry Alex, didn't you hear, i'm taking you home with me. And i'll make sure i got some stuff with NO dairy,I guess my otter will have to stay home, he likes cheese.

24. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Dude, you make me seriously wonder if there's actually someone in this universe more crazy than I am.

25. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Alex, I think noon might be a smidge early as most people won't be able to make it out until the evening due to work/school. As I want to get some work done on Friday, I won't be available to play host until about 5-ish. If you want to come before that, you're going to have to entertain yourself.

Some transportation notes:

- if you're coming by bus, the 26, 27, 28, 41, and 43 buses all stop at Joyce Station which is very close to where I live. Also the 19 runs along Kingsway, which ain't that far either. See transit map for details.

- if you're coming by car, I can have up to two guest vehicles park in the gated visitor parking area, but I have to let you in 'cuz it's locked. You can give me a buzz when you arrive or, if you have a cel, call me when you're in the neighbourhood and I'll meet you downstairs. There's also parking available on the streets nearby which is 2hr parking up to 6pm, and unrestricted beyond that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.