main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Potluck Anybody?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Ikrik, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Alex, I think noon might be a smidge early as most people won't be able to make it out until the evening due to work/school. As I want to get some work done on Friday, I won't be available to play host until about 5-ish. If you want to come before that, you're going to have to entertain yourself.

Hmm. OK. The actual reason I wanted to leave early was because I needed to find a way to fit in the taping of two tv shows between this. But knowing this, I can find a way to make it all work.

I'll still need to worry about when and how I'll get home, but I think I can wait till Thursday to figure that out.

2. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    So hey, it's Thursday, and the potluck thing is tomorrow. What time should people come? I'm cool with any time, as tomorrow is a totally free day for me.

3. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Anytime's fine with me, although I won't be able to leave the house until noon at the latest.

4. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Anytime after 5pm is fine with me, I'll be here. I know Cassandra has said she would be here at around 7 and Rachel at around 6.

5. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    Rachel is sick so i'm not sure if she can come. My mommie doesn't want me to be alone at Joyce station so if someone can meet me there at like 5-6 it would be really appreciated.

6. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Phill, I can meet you if you let me know when you leave and expect to arrive at Joyce station.

7. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    alright. I'll know tonight at like 9 so i'll post here when i'll be there.

8. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    i'll probably be at the station at around 4 so if you can be there i'd be really great. I can also help prepare.

9. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm gonna leave around noon or one. That way, I can be in Burnaby around 2:00-3:00. If that's too early, I can go hang around Metrotown for an hour or so.

10. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok Phill, I'll meet you at the bottom of the escalators on the West side of the station, that's the side where the buses are, at 4pm.

Alex, that's way early. Since Phill is coming at 4pm, why not shoot for that time? We can all meet at the station if you want.

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Alex, that's way early. Since Phill is coming at 4pm, why not shoot for that time? We can all meet at the station if you want.

It takes me around two hours to get down from Maple Ridge to Joyce. And I said that I can hang out at Metrotown until its time.

I'll try to shoot for a 4pm arrival time.

12. SquallLeonhart

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm meeting Crystal at Joyce at about 5, so expect us around then.

13. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok Mike, sounds good.

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm heading out at one. I'll be at Joyce around 3:00/3:30. If that's too early, I can hang out at Metrotown for an hour.

15. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Thanks all for coming out tonight, it was a fun time. I've put up a mini-slideshow of the pics I took here for the curious onlookers.

16. SquallLeonhart

Mar 8, 2004
    Good pics. Good times. Thanks for hosting, Rudy.

17. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    You're most welcome, it was a pleasure.

18. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Nice pics, and thanks for hosting Rudy!

Since Phill likes the phrase so much, I'll be in Deep Lurk Mode again for awhile as I don't know where I'm going to be living on Feb. 28th yet.

The place I made an offer on I decided to collapse because the Strata minutes left a lifetime to be desired - scary sounding building. Roof repairs needed immediately, security issues, problem tenants, and hey, it's in hooker central, as my dad keeps saying. So, I won't be going there.

So, I'm either finding a place to rent (shouldn't be too hard) or maybe moving out to Bby or NW if I can buy a place that's empty now and passes the research test. Otherwise I rent and buy in a few months when I find something really good.

Later,

19. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Wow, that's disappointing. Although, it's better to find that stuff out now rather than after the fact. Good luck with your search, hopefully you'll be able to find something suitable soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.