Potluck dinner and video night at my place, Saturday May 19th

Discussion in 'Twin Cities, MN' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, May 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm planning a get-together for a potluck dinner and video night at my apartment in Burnsville at 7 PM on Saturday, May 19th.

For the dinner, we could make use of the grills and picnic tables outside (weather permitting).

Haven't decided yet on the video. Let me know if you have any suggestions, or I'll surprise you! ;)

2. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    :_| May 19th???? I can't make it!!! :_| I'll be packing for my trip (I leave the 20th) and going to an open house for my aunt's exchange student's graduation. :_|

I wish I could be... I be at the NEXT event, provided it's not while I'm in Europe.

:_| :_|

~*~Bria
  3. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there! And I'll bring something as yet undetermined. I put my vote in for a video viewing of your recently purchased "Space Balls".
  4. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    If I was going, I'd bring along... The Star Wars Holiday Special. [face_devil]

~*~Bria
  5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Bria said "If I was going, I'd bring along... The Star Wars Holiday Special."

BLEAH!!!!

6. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Whatever do you mean?

You don't *want* me to be there?!?! :(

~*~Bria

P.S. ;)
  7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    I want you there, Bria! Just minus... that.
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I won't be able to make it, but I may be able to contribute. Gosh, aren't mysteries fun?

Phil
  9. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If Vader2000 shows, I'll bring a Vader cake.
  10. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    Actaully, I would like to see the rest of the SW Holiday Special sometime. I missed Carrie Fischer sing and Bea Arthur! I could use a good laugh. You do need to bring that sometime!

And V2K, you have to show up! I need my Vader cake!
  11. Vader2000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well that seals it I guess. I just have to come, as I'd like to get a look at this Vader cake...and eat it too, of course! :D

I actually would like to see the Holiday Special too, as I've only ever seen the Boba Fett cartoon. It'd also be cool to see the Muppet Show episode with Luke/Mark, 3PO, R2 and Chewie.

I do have some tapes I'll bring along, though. There is a fan film called Star Wars: Macbeth that was made about 4 years ago which I have a VHS copy of. It's an interesting watch, so I'll bring it. I can also bring Hardware wars, which I assume everyone has seen or at least knows of it's existence. It's short, but funny.

Anyway, that night's open for me now and I don't forsee anything blocking it, so I look forward to it!
  12. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I think people could live their life without seeing Princess Leia sing, but the Fett cartoon *is* pretty cool, IMHO. The only *good* part of the Holiday special. The muppets episode is great too. ;)

Guess I'll bring it to the next movie night. :D

~*~Bria
  13. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I can bring the Muppets episode with Luke.
  14. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there, but only if the bulletin baord over my bed falls on me. Then I can just mail myself to the party.

Name the book, folks.
  15. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
  16. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    I have NEVER seen the Muppet episode with Luke (I had a rough childhood)! Femme, if you bring that, you'll make me a very :) person!
  17. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I aslo just rented Slipstream, with MJS's hero Mark in it. Not that we may have enough time, maybe just five minutes or so.

So what's the latest on to grill or not to grill? I guess part depends on the weather.
  18. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well done, Crummy. My son did a project on that book last year. They each made a Stanley out of paper and then mailed him to a relative. The relative had to mail it back and then the school put a big map of the world up with pins noting each place Stanley came back from.

I loved that book as a kid. That and the Encyclopedia Brown series.

Er......Why is everybody looking at me that way???? :)
  19. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, I read Flat Stanley as a kid too, just couldn't remember for sure if that was the complete title, hence the question mark.

Actually, I used to read the Encyclopedia Brown books too.
  20. Master_Eki Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll need to doublecheck with kidling scheduling, but it looks good right now...

M.E.
  21. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have secured the Muppets video.
  22. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Also joining us for dinner... Ashley, Amber and Autumn! Don't worry, they don't eat much

We'll watch the videos after dinner when they go to bed... although we may want to squeaze in that Muppets video first! :D
  23. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Just guard the mandarin oranges with your life! :)
  24. Master_Eki Jedi Knight

star 2
    Due to some wicked use of Jedi Mind Tricks..I'll be at the potluck..What should I bring? (remember I am coming straight from work)

M.E.

25. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    all the post-its you can carry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.