main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Potluck Sign Up - Multi group picnic May 20th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I figured I'd start the thread for people to sign up for their potluck items for the picnic next week. Perhaps people should post what they intend to bring by Thursday May 18th. That way, the council members can have a chance to review the list to make sure nothing essential will be missing?

DIRECTIVE FROM SCOTT

Food info: Picnic will be potluck style. In order to make sure we don't end up with 85 bags of chips and nothing else, sign up to bring food as though your group is the only one attending. A barbeque grill will be available for use. (historically I've managed to end up posting myself at the grill to get everyone's stuff cooked).

Food note: I'm going to ask that there be no alcohol brought to the picnic.

------------------------------------------------

So far we have

Sky_solo - lemonade
    Skatou-Laki - wookiee cookies
    Kay Dee - large ice chest filled with, cans of soda and bottled water

------------------------------------------------
    If you can all do me a favor and let me know what kinds of soda you would drink (coke? pepsi? diet anything?) I'd like to make sure I purchase what people actually like. - kay dee

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kat, you beat me to it!

Anyway what I'd like to add is that to avoid any repetition of dishes, once someone posts a dish to bring here, that should be it. For example, once a person says "sodas", only that person should bring that. Also, let's use this thread for carpool info. If you're driving and can fit people, please post here, saying how many people you can fit, and where you're coming from. I'll PM the drivers by Thursday night with the address, and you can get directions from there.

Basically, if you're coming, you're bringing something; and let's all help keep gas costs down by pitching in! Thanks!

As for me, put myself down for finger sandwiches. I can fit 3 more people in my car.

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Barbecued Prok Buns

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    As for car pooling, Alison and I spoke about ride sharing. If I drive, I will have to fold down one of the seats for my ice chest. So, I'd only have room for one more person.

- kay dee

5. Skatou-Laki

Skatou-Laki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2003
    Oh I LOVE PR[face_pig]K buns! They go great on the side with nerf tenderloins! =P~

6. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I'll ride with Matt. I'll bring some sort of main course.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just got a call from Anne M. confirming for a ride. So I got her, plus one and Erick. My car is officially FULL.

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I will bring some hot dogs and polish hot dogs (those huge costco ones) to put on the grill. I will also bring buns. I'm wondering if the hosts will have condiments, though, or if we need to provide them ourselves. Anyone know?

And if I drive... hm, well, I was going to say it would depend on whether the new cleaner stuff is able to do the trick on my trunk carpet, but I suppose even if it doesn't I could always put down some plastic sheeting back there and stuff could still be stored there. So I would be able to take two more people most likely.

9. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm going to bring fruit salad for everyone. As for carpool, I believe Ming and I are riding with Robert.

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    My ice chest is pretty big and really heavy when it's full. It's almost impossible to lift it into a trunk (that's part of the reason I have to fold a seat down and shove it in through the car door).

Just something to take into consideration with the car situation.

- kay dee

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Like I mentioned at the meeting, if you're not sure what to bring, you can check Sacramento's thread about the event to see what THEY"RE bringing...

http://boards.theforce.net/sacramento_ca/b10140/23846468/p1/?15

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ahh, ok. That makes sense. Lifting coolers into trunks is never fun at the best of times; wrestling with one that's really big and heavy sounds pretty challenging. I'm happy either way, so if you'd like to take your car and it would be easier with the cooler, that's fine by me.

13. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Matt...had to take the "SLAVWON" (my car's plate) to the shop for body work. Do you have room for 1 more?

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It'd be a tight squeeze, Lou. Maybe you can ride with Robert & co.?

15. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Anyone have room for one more dude? I would drive, but i just took my car back to the body shop. they did not fix everything. 3rd time back!!!!!
    PM me or just let me know. I have no problem putting in for gas at all. And I'll drive next time. Do doubt.

16. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I can take 5 people in my van, leaving from Hayward. Let me know who would like a ride from here, otherwise me and Heli are going by ourselfs.
    I will be bringing meat for the barbeque like ribs and chicken and also barbeque sauce. Hope the host will cook it as he stated. The barbeque is always a big hit by all. If I go see the da vinci code on friday night I will not be able to cook it before hand .
    Kathy, I like Coke or 7Up or carbonated water. I always carry my own cooler in the trunk, so if you dont have it dont worry , I will drink my own. Thanks for asking.
    I do not eat too much beef so my ribs will be pork. I have about 5 packages, about 20 pounds and 5 pounds of chicken. It would be good if someone brings some veggies to grill for those who do not eat meat like zuchini , bell peppers, onions, potatoes and the like.
    Matt , can you call me at your convenience with the directions? I dont want to bug you since you work alot.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, and a garment rack, a full-length mirror, liquor, condoms, etc. ;)

(long story)

18. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Doesn't every woman carry those things with her at all times? ;)

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No. It's just that Eva carries enough for (literally) every woman! ;)

20. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The Great One Rogue One will JUST BRING... The People's Costco Teramisu... If you smell what I'm not cookin?!

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, what self respecting convention going costumer doesn't have a full length mirror in the trunk ;)

22. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    See you all there! After talking with Scott, he said myself and the team didn't need to bring anything but our gig, so I guess I'll trust him! :)

Also, he recommended we start the show at 7PM, although I seriously think everyone should consider staying a bit longer to have us perform as the sun disappears... I really don't want my performers to croak from heatstroke, and I also (naturally) hoped everyone would appreciate the sabers better in the darkness (since they can be seen)!!

Neither an FX saber nor a Luxeon LED saber is really "effective" when competing with the Sun. Granted, the Luxeon has a slight advantage at the base near the emitter... but still.

Anyhow... SEE YOU ALL THERE...

[image=http://thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/thumb_MSC_7112.jpg]
    Greytale Novastar with a Luxeon Saber

23. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm totally excited to see you guys perform as well as hanging out with some of my best friends. I don't know about you guys, but I'm counting the days!

24. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Wish I could be there...have fun:)

25. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Any open seats? Im in San Francisco and can take the BART to meet you any where.
    I have cash on the gas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.