main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Potterish talk and Britishy things. (BOOK 6 chat!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Awww, poor SR. :/

I've seen three pics, and haven't had to go and find any of them either! I love my Anderson Cooper/lj friends, they send this stuff TO me. :D Do you have more? We could maybe resurrect a certain fun fun thread from the abyss...none of the pics I have are too naughty for that...what about you, I'm sure there are more than three of these pics, right?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    OMG! IT COMES OUT THIS SUMMER! JULY 21ST! OMG! OMG! OMG! :eek:

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Is that during comic-con again?

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Nope it's actually a week before Comic Con. That should be easier on a lot of people. Two years ago I couldn't imagine all the people lining the convention hall reading HBP, I know there is a lot of waiting around at times but to read so intently while so much else was going on.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I remember I went to Ralphs to pick up some food, there were people lined up waiting to buy the HP book. Yeah, then they pretty much ignored the convention and just sat along the walls reading that thing.

I'm still trying to get through the first HP book. I can't get past the half way mark for some reason. Maybe it's because I can't read.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm ready to go home right now. I can't concentrate! Mr. DH is supposed to be going to the UK at that time. Man! This is too much to handle. July is going to be HP month.

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    It's 6 months away. Calm down. Do you even know what you're doing for the movie yet?

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll be going to a midnight show, if Grauman's is showing it I'll go there (I wish ES was still here). I'll bring my padawan since it'll be summer and we'll all sleep in the next day. Why do you ask?

Oh, and to make it extra cool, I had the MuggleCast and PotterCast people sign the July spread on my HP calendar so in July I will be fully in the mood.

9. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    OMG I just read the date, wheeeee! It's sooner than I expected! That's kind of sad, actually. :/ When July ends, so does HP. Well, I suppose there will still be two movies to go...

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Who's this Harry Potter fellow I keep hearing about? Hmmm? [face_thinking]

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I have to wear my Ravenclaw tie somewhere other than work.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I was going to do a presentation on Star Wars for that stupid class that JR and I are taking but I may leave that to him (if he so chooses) and I may do Harry Potter instead. I can wear my robes as part of the presentation.

I'd really almost rather have it out in the fall because then it'll be cold out but I guess I'm going to have to wear my robes for the movie and book release.

Oh, and I've already pre-ordered my book. I went this afternoon and got one for my padawan and myself.

13. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    even in the middle of summer it will still be cold at midnight.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    According to The Sun, JK Rowling wrote the following message on a marble bust at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh: "JK Rowling finished writing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in this room (652) on 11th Jan 2007."

[image=http://mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/pic.jpg]

Do you think they will auction that off, or keep it under glass there forever?

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think they will keep it. It is essentially graffiti though.

16. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    who cares? Nothing is illegal if you're rich. [face_dancing]

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    If they keep it there, I'm sure someone will rip it off.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm sure they would keep it locked up somewhere so it can't be ripped off. I can't wait for it to come out! Man!

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Calm Down DH, you've got a lot of things to do before then. Try not to think about how awesome the book will be.

20. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I heard the sad news that this will probably be the last movie, since the actors are maturing faster than the films are being made. Anymore might not be believable. (You know, like American TV)

Has anyone heard anything about what JK Rowling plans to write after the HP series ends? I think she's much too good a writer not to continue doing so.

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Horse hockey! This nonsense about magic and wizards is the biggest load of hogwash I have ever heard!
    -Col. Sherman Potter, MASH 4077

22. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Mnn, MASH, a TV series about the Korean War (I mean, police action.) That was in the 1950's, right. 3 TV channels, all black and white. Who's seen Pleasantville?

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I'm watching HP and the PoA instead of studying for my exam. I should study but they are supposed to show deleted scenes and I love those. I'll study afterwards.

24. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh no! I saw a little of that, but I didn't know they were showing deleted scenes, so I didn't pay much attention and did other stuff at the same time.

25. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    The deleted scenes can be found on the DVDs so nothing special. (shrugs)

-Anneke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.