LA, CA Potterish talk and Britishy things. (BOOK 6 chat!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, poor SR. :/

I've seen three pics, and haven't had to go and find any of them either! I love my Anderson Cooper/lj friends, they send this stuff TO me. :D Do you have more? We could maybe resurrect a certain fun fun thread from the abyss...none of the pics I have are too naughty for that...what about you, I'm sure there are more than three of these pics, right?
  2. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    OMG! IT COMES OUT THIS SUMMER! JULY 21ST! OMG! OMG! OMG! :eek:
  3. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    Is that during comic-con again?
  4. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Nope it's actually a week before Comic Con. That should be easier on a lot of people. Two years ago I couldn't imagine all the people lining the convention hall reading HBP, I know there is a lot of waiting around at times but to read so intently while so much else was going on.

5. JediRacer Jedi Knight

star 5
    I remember I went to Ralphs to pick up some food, there were people lined up waiting to buy the HP book. Yeah, then they pretty much ignored the convention and just sat along the walls reading that thing.

I'm still trying to get through the first HP book. I can't get past the half way mark for some reason. Maybe it's because I can't read.
  6. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm ready to go home right now. I can't concentrate! Mr. DH is supposed to be going to the UK at that time. Man! This is too much to handle. July is going to be HP month.
  7. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    It's 6 months away. Calm down. Do you even know what you're doing for the movie yet?
  8. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'll be going to a midnight show, if Grauman's is showing it I'll go there (I wish ES was still here). I'll bring my padawan since it'll be summer and we'll all sleep in the next day. Why do you ask?

Oh, and to make it extra cool, I had the MuggleCast and PotterCast people sign the July spread on my HP calendar so in July I will be fully in the mood.
  9. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG I just read the date, wheeeee! It's sooner than I expected! That's kind of sad, actually. :/ When July ends, so does HP. Well, I suppose there will still be two movies to go...
  10. Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Who's this Harry Potter fellow I keep hearing about? Hmmm? [face_thinking]
  11. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to wear my Ravenclaw tie somewhere other than work.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I was going to do a presentation on Star Wars for that stupid class that JR and I are taking but I may leave that to him (if he so chooses) and I may do Harry Potter instead. I can wear my robes as part of the presentation.

I'd really almost rather have it out in the fall because then it'll be cold out but I guess I'm going to have to wear my robes for the movie and book release.

Oh, and I've already pre-ordered my book. I went this afternoon and got one for my padawan and myself.
  13. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    even in the middle of summer it will still be cold at midnight.
  14. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    According to The Sun, JK Rowling wrote the following message on a marble bust at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh: "JK Rowling finished writing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in this room (652) on 11th Jan 2007."

[image=http://mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/pic.jpg]

Do you think they will auction that off, or keep it under glass there forever?
  15. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think they will keep it. It is essentially graffiti though.
  16. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    who cares? Nothing is illegal if you're rich. [face_dancing]
  17. JediRacer Jedi Knight

star 5
    If they keep it there, I'm sure someone will rip it off.
  18. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm sure they would keep it locked up somewhere so it can't be ripped off. I can't wait for it to come out! Man!
  19. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    Calm Down DH, you've got a lot of things to do before then. Try not to think about how awesome the book will be.
  20. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I heard the sad news that this will probably be the last movie, since the actors are maturing faster than the films are being made. Anymore might not be believable. (You know, like American TV)

Has anyone heard anything about what JK Rowling plans to write after the HP series ends? I think she's much too good a writer not to continue doing so.
  21. Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Horse hockey! This nonsense about magic and wizards is the biggest load of hogwash I have ever heard!
    -Col. Sherman Potter, MASH 4077
  22. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Mnn, MASH, a TV series about the Korean War (I mean, police action.) That was in the 1950's, right. 3 TV channels, all black and white. Who's seen Pleasantville?
  23. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    So I'm watching HP and the PoA instead of studying for my exam. I should study but they are supposed to show deleted scenes and I love those. I'll study afterwards.
  24. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no! I saw a little of that, but I didn't know they were showing deleted scenes, so I didn't pay much attention and did other stuff at the same time.
  25. vampireanneke Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The deleted scenes can be found on the DVDs so nothing special. (shrugs)

-Anneke
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.