main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Potterish talk and Britishy things. (BOOK 6 chat!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
  2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh thank god. Now what about Rupert and Emma?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I had heard that Rupert had stated in a previous interview that he and Dan were going to be in for the long haul. I believe Emma will also.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I heard on the radio this morning that Emma doesn't want to do it, but Warner Brothers is trying to change her mind.

I'm just glad they are definitely going to make movies from all the books.

I have to ask my old question, though. Has anyone heard anything yet about whether or not JK Rowling will continue writing after the HP series?

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd thought I heard Emma didn't want to do it too. :/ Haven't heard anything about Rupert.

6. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    They're back, they're all three back for the rest of the stories. Phew!

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/March2007/23/c6173.html

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That is terrific news! I was slightly worried that I would never watch the rest of the movies had they not been in them. It just wouldn't be the same.

8. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Whew! Thanks, JN. :)

There's a Harry Potter read-along going on on LJ (Read_HP) and I think I want to "finally" (it started almost two weeks ago) join up. I'd like to re-read the books, most of which I haven't read in a few years, and this sounds like a good way to do it. 1-2 chapters a day, a day off for the movie, and you finish HBP a day before Deathly Hallows comes out. Perfect!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I was sure they would all come back. Yeah! I am planning to re-read them all before DH comes out this summer.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I saw the cover of Deathly Hallows this morning. Looked good, sort of yellowish with Harry and Voldemort. They looked to be fighting and seemed to be in an arena with crowds maybe?

11. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    One of our DVD distributors is also a national book distributor so I went snooping on their online site today for HP. Per Scholastic, there are THREE legal documents that book sellers need to fill out and return before they're allowed to have the books in their possession one minute before official release. Wow!

Nevermind what happens to you if you're caught streeting it before the official release or dropping it in the mail too early and it arrives before official release. Unforgivable Curses would be welcome compared to the lawsuits you'll face!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Here it is if you don't want to go searching.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/dhus.jpg]

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can't wait! I checked out the whole jacket and I like it. Man! When will July come? Should we start a Harry Potter 7 thread or keep this one going?

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't wait either but I'm not doing a HP costume. That's just too much I think. One thread is fine with me.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    SR, how about wearing a cloak and a pair of HP glasses over your TK armor, adding the lightening bolt on the forehead and carrying a wand rather than the blaster????

Silly, I know, but a fun look!

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That would be a funny look, but then how would I see the movie?

I know it's still months away, but how and where are we all going to see it? Was it last time we all did the Vista?

17. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yes, it was the Vista!!! :(

I just want to say, I like this cover SOOOO much more than the British (kids') cover! Theirs looks like a bad adventure novel for kids and reminds me of Aladdin (the trio's in a big pile of gold treasures and jewels) and there's a Stargate-looking-thing behind them. It's pretty tacky looking.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The UK version does look bad. The castle on their back cover is interesting though. Is that supposed to be Hogwarts? It has a dome on top of one of the towers which makes it look "Eastern" in a way.

The Vista was nice but if they are showing it at Grauman's I'd rather go there. Are we all getting together to see it? I'll be bringing my padawan this time so he can be embarrased by my costume.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I would much rather the Chinese if it's playing there. The Vista's nice but nothing beats the Chinese for opening movies. I'm sure the Lining Up gang will go as well.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'd love to be included in this one! I've only seen one movie at Grauman's and that was when they brought Episode I back for about 2 weeks as a special thing. An opening night movie would be quite a treat for me!

21. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    You've only seen one movie at the Chinese??
    :eek:

just buggin you....

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, then Grauman's it is. I'll try to get there earlier so we aren't near the end of the line like X-Men. :oops: I forgot it'll be Thursday night/Friday morning. My padawan will be in summer school and may not be able to go. Bummer.

JN, wanna go with me? I miss JR driving me everywhere...

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I've only seen one movie at the Chinese too! Comes from being a recent LA resident -- and JF77 gets kudos for EVER having seen anything there, considering where she lives! :)

(to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed -- but I appreciate the history! please don't kick me in the shins!)

24. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I wouldn't kick either you or JF77 in the shins.......was just teasing....

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I know -- me too! All good! [:D]

Yes, we will have an LAFF presence on opening night. I'll get with the Council on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.