main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side pouches

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by ganjekysom, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganjekysom

ganjekysom Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2008
    any one here make pouches or knows were i'll be able to obtain pouches around febuary or march of next year?

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Jedi Pouches? :confused:

3. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    Check a place that handles Civil War reenactment gear. Cartidge and cap boxes work perfectly. They can get a little pricey, but you can sometimes find good deals. It's a good place to find boots too.

4. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Check out the bottom of this page. This may be something well worth checking out....

http://www.marspec.net/surplus/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3036&WT.svl=deptnav2

- Bill

5. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    i use a kit from tandy called the ROVER pouch. you just dye it whatever color you wish.

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I do a lot of business with Tandy and never even saw that. Is there a link to those pouches? I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

- Bill

7. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/products.asp?dept=348

called a small belt bag kit now. guess they changed the name of it. but thats it. scroll down the page its on the left hand side.

dont mind the engraving work. its not on it, thats a finished example shown.

8. C0lmar_K0lg0n

C0lmar_K0lg0n Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2008
    There's actaully alot of tutorials on making leather belt pouches, you just have to do a search.

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I've attempted making pouches in the past with pretty bad results. I'd rather do old ammo pouches or something like this.

Thanks for the link, Lan. I appreciate it!

- Bill

10. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    no problemo. i use that pouch on mine and the wifes jedi belts, that i also made myself. its easy nuff to dye them whatever color you wish, to match the belt or whatever.

11. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Good to know. Thanks, man.

- Bill

12. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    Here's an idea I had walking back from break at Wal-mart. I had to go through the camera isle cause my usual path was blocked, I noticed some camera carrying cases that would work great for jedi pouches. Just thought I'd add this.

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'd have to take a look at those. I did pick up one of those Tandy pouches the other day. It looks easy enough to put together. More importantly, I think I can produce others using it as a basis for some smaller or bigger pouches.

- Bill

14. Miba

Miba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    I generally use camera cases, but the problem with them is that they usually come with a name on them. Like Kodak or something, right where everyone can see it. From a distance this won't be a problem, but if you want to be true to screen or something it might not work so well. Plus a lot of them have zippers, if you want a snap closure or magnetic closure you have to look harder.

15. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    I actually got my Tandy catolog today and looked that that pouch and saw the dimensions. It's actually just right for the back pouch that Obi and Qui gon wear.

16. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    thats why i used it myself. its just bout perfect. and you can mod it as you assemble it. instead of a snap, you could use the high powered magnets, or velcro, or like i did, a sam brown stud, and make the small hole and smal side splits on each side of hole so flap will pop over the stud. i got that idea from actual army pouches i had before.

17. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I was looking at those Tandy Leather purse, pouch, and bag kits. I was wondering if some of the small purse or handbag kits could be modified somewhat- I need a couple of larger pouches to hold my wallet and camera in. I also need to look into making some pouches for a friend of mine. I'm freaking sick of all the mundane shoulder purses she festoons her Jedi robes with.

18. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    the camera cases I got were made by Icon and didn't have a name or logo on the front.

The bag from Tandy is good to hold a wallet. I actually plan on getting one myself. But the camera could be a problem. I would suggest getting som tooling leather and modding the tandy pouch just enought to make it deeper.

19. Miba

Miba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Oh, I dunno, then, it might just be that I didn't find any without names on them here where I live. Good to know they do exist though.

20. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    The only problem, Miba, is that they have a buckle and the magnet is on a sewn part that isn't a part of the strap it'self. What I'm saying is if I cut the buckle off, I lose my magnet. But I'm sure I can figure something out.

21. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    your better off with the kit pouch i posted the link to from tandy. i put my wallet and car keys in mine. a wallet fits snugly in it. and like said above, you can get some extra leather pieces and extend the deepness of it to accomodate a camera if needbe.

22. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    I can fit everything I need in these two pouches. it's just the fake buckle that drives me nuts. But I do hope to get that pouch kit from Tandy, that would free up some space in one pouch.

23. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I went into Tandy today to get one of those pouch kits..instead I walked out with my first starter set of leather crafter's tools and a book describing a ton of projects including how to make my own pouches, belts, and other awesomeness.
    Once I get some results, I'll have to post pics. I imagine a pouch with the Jedi order symbol tooled into it would look pretty sweet!

24. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    Yeah, leather shops do that to ya. =)

25. C0lmar_K0lg0n

Nov 21, 2008
    this is one of the camera cases I got at Wal-mart. Couldn't find a image online.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww18/Col-mar/pouch.jpg

Like I said, the fake buckle is a bit of a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.