main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Power Couplins

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by morgue, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    When ObiWan and Anakin pass through the Power Couplins why don't their bodies go numb, like when in phantom menace Jar Jar touches the couplins with his mouth, it goes numb right away.

2. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I'm assuming that the speeder itself absorbed a lot of the shock. Plus, Obi-Wan and Anakin can use the force to null some of the effects.

3. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    "Power couplings" is probably a generic term that encompasses many different items that all sort of do the same thing, like batteries. Think about how many different kinds of batteries exist today. Some kinds do things that others do not.

4. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    well, when they did go throught there they did feel it, you could see that...but obi wan and ankain would have just used the force to protect them selves

5. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    The things that zapped jar jar were power binders

6. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Fode and Beed call them "Power Couplins" when Ben Quadinaros engine flew away so it's the same.

They didn't seem to use the force during that scene on Episode II and I doubt that transport had any absorbing system... If there's any way to prove it did or that they used the force I'd like to know about it please :)

7. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Oh, alright.
    I always thought they were talking about a piece of his engines that were blown away in the explosion or something.

8. Azhrei

Azhrei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    Please stop calling them "power couplins".

The correct spelling is power couplings.

Anakin told Jar-Jar that if he got his hands stuck in those "energy binders" that they would stay numb for hours. What do energy binders on a podracer have to do with power couplings on Coruscant? That's like saying, "Why doesn't the sparks I can see when I disconnect a plug hurt me as much as lightning streaking across the sky would?".

It's because they're two completely different things.

Another thing of note is that Anakin's energy binders were a pinkish colour, while the power couplings Zam shot at were blue/white. That, at least, is a bit of a giveaway.

9. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    A possible answer to the first post. Cause Lucas didn't feel like it? What has bothered me a bit is obi-wan's line. "that felt good". What the heck did he mean by that?

10. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Obi-Wan's line is "That was good", which he said to be sarcastic, as if saying "Oh ya, great move there, Anakin."

11. cbrowns4812

cbrowns4812 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    And that line goes down as one of the more awkward edits of the film. Not too much flow to that scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.