Power Hungry Padme?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by ChestRockwell, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChestRockwell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ever wonder if she was jealous of Palpatine, not cuz he is so evil but because she would of liked all the power herself? After all she and Palpatine are both competing for the chosen ones affections and the ability to make him do what they want. She is a lifelong political kinda girl as well with idea's she thinks will make the galaxy a better place to be. In the deleted scene she has no problem bringing this to his attention that she dosent like all the ammendments and power he has, Then Palps tells Anakin she is hiding something.

I know some of you will say, she had her chance before the duel when Anakin mentioned all that stuff about together and he was more powerfull than the chancelor and stuff, your breaking my heart and so on.

Could she of been mad because Anakin went with Palps right off on the rule the galaxy thing, she wanted him to just go to her from the beginning?
  2. Master_Shaitan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I disagree. The only thing remotely selfish Padme did was fall in love with Anakin and marry him. It was dangerous for her to do that. But entirely natural.

Politically she was completely selfless and only wanted to keep peace and democracy. She wasnt interested in power herself.

I think she just didnt trust anyone else to do the right thing. Thats why she became Senator. She wanted to do the right thing and she wanted to ensure deomcracy remained.
  3. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    As far as the movies go? No, Padme was as pure and honest as they come (well, except about her relationship with Anakin)

However, I do long for an Infinities to be released that features Lord and Lady Vader ruling the galaxy...

I may have to wait a long time.
  4. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    Look at her face and listen to her voice when she says "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" and the answer shall be revealed.

- O_F
  5. Ghost Chosen One

star 6

If Padme wanted power she would have let the Naboo people extend her term as Queen / be for the military creation act / not talk about retiring from the Senate to raise her baby.

6. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Tries to imagine Padme screaming "POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!".

Hmmm

Tries to imagine Padme declaring "THE FIRST GALACTIC EMPIRE!"

Hmmm

Just doesn't fit with the personality.

Carnage
  7. SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I still dont know what she saw in Anakin, how did she fall for a stiff like him
  8. Hypernova Jedi Knight

star 2
    What did Anakin see in her?

If I was Anakin, I'd have tried my luck with Dorme (Padme's maid/servant in AOTC)
  9. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Anakin might be weird, but I don't think he's a necrophiliac (person who has sex w/ dead people).

:p
  10. mandragora Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] ... tries to imagine Padme with glowing yellow eyes and rotten teeth in a black cloak. Might have been a bit repulsive even for Anakin. :D
  11. Hypernova Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anakin might be weird, but I don't think he's a necrophiliac (person who has sex w/ dead people).

That was Corde that got blown up at the start of AOTC.
  12. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Power hungry Padme?

No, don't think so. If that was the case then why did she speak so lightly of being relieved of her political duties if it ever discovered that she was pregnant?
  13. Hypernova Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Pope is a Sith Lord - I have proof!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://148.206.119.17/serverfiles/asfalto/sithwep.png
  14. Force-Keeper Force Ghost

star 5
    The whole Anakin/Padmè scene on Mustafar proves that she's not power hungry at all. She completely disagrees about everything Anakin thinks should and could happen. She wants nothing to do with it at all, even if it means not being with Anakin. She loves him, but would never go along with what he plans to do.
  15. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  16. Sosanya Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL. Hell naw......Padme is a posterchild for your modern day intellectual liberal peace hippies who's attracted to the big bad wolf 'cause she thinks she can change him.
  17. Hypernova Jedi Knight

star 2
    Why Did Padme still look pregnant at her funeral?
  18. Force-Keeper Force Ghost

star 5
    To make it look like the children died with her. That way no one will be looking for them. That's really off topic, BTW.
  19. Hypernova Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks Force-Keeper.

Did Padme's family know how she died?

20. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    They were told the Jedi killed her.
  21. Dezdmona Jedi Master

star 4
    Padmé was willing to leave the Senate and go and raise their child in Naboo.
    She told Anakin she had already picked out a spot in the Lake Country. (during the "Hairbrush Scene")

And on Mustafar:

Padmé: All I want is your love.
    Anakin: Love won't save you Padmé. Only my new powers can do that.

Padmé did not have a "lust for power".
  22. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    This is a strange question. Nowhere within the film is it ever even hinted that Padme lusts for Power. She tells Anakin on several occasions that he doesn't need new powers to protect her.
  23. Senator_Lorena Force Ghost

star 2
    Padme was a person who had everything "together" except her love life. She was not a person willing to compromise what she considered to be just and good. Not even for Anakin.

Perhaps she believed being with a Jedi would help her in the quest of doing good but yet allow her a little rebellion to her otherwise structured life.
  24. ChestRockwell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Perhaps she believed being with a Jedi would help her in the quest of doing good but yet allow her a little rebellion to her otherwise structured life.

What do you do if say the folks in charge dont agree with your little rebellion plan? Why you get you hubby the chosen one and force the issue on those who dont want your plan to come true.
  25. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Padme is the opposite of Palpatine. She believes in democracy and peace. She wasn't interested in power. She's not selfish and greedy like Sidious is. She stepped down as Queen as soon as her two terms expired. She serves the Senate because she loves being a polictian.

In short, she's not like Palpatine at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.