main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Power Lust : Sequel!!!!! Lust For Revenge is back!!! part 14/20(L/V/Le/H/Mara ;P) pg

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SJade, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJade

SJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    Good morning everyone :)

Hope you're all doing great, and that some more L/V story would lighten your day ;)

Unlike the regular L/V stories, Power Lust deals with Darth Vader 'helping' his son to find his kidnapped sister, but without trying to ally himself to him, or any coercition of any kind. So how does it happen?

When Leia disappears, Luke investigates the matters and discovers that the only person who can help him to really save Leia, besides Han of course,... is their father.

Warning Mon Mothma lovers, she is the bad guy in this story. Now you know ;)

Okay, enough dawdling, on with the disclaimers, please note that Vader and everything related to the cool Sathed and Circle belong to Tatiana; she wrote those parts and did a great job too :)

Power lust
    Part 1: Disappearance
    By SJ and Tatiana 09-05-00/13-04-01
    Suggested and co-written with Tatiana (aa354105@econophone.ch)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quasar/3702

IMPORTANT Note about the story's copyrights: All the rights related to the basic idea of Mon Mothma's scheme and the ensuing alliance between Luke and Vader belong to Tatiana, and so do Vader's personality and the Sathed history. The rest of the story is a fusing of our imaginations since we've passed the story back and forth between ourselves :)

Special thanks to my shy, secret beta-reader and best friend, Adrianne, for her
    help with the final editing of my new stories. Thanks for giving me some of your
    precious time, my friend :)

Prologue
    One month after Bespin
    Coruscant, Imperial Center

In a conference room which was far from any prying eyes, Vader was meeting with
    the Emperor as well as a plethora of high-ranking officers.

Ever since he had come back from Bespin, he had remained on Coruscant. At
    first, his unusual behavior had puzzled the higher rankings of the Imperial
    government, but at the moment, his reasons were all too clear to the admirals
    and moffs who were present in the meeting hall.

The Emperor was loosing his sanity.

"A Death Star... Oh, yess... The death of those rebellious fools..." Palpatine
    hissed and smiled at the men who were in the large, gray, cold conference
    room.

"Our last victory caused them great losses, my Master," Vader's voice floated
    up, as emotionless as a steel wall. "The Rebellion will soon be crushed."

"Master... Yes, your Master I am, Vader," the despot nodded in satisfaction.
    "I am the master of all the Empire, and I will soon be the Master of Death
    itself!"

The Emperor smiled again then laughed. The laugh, however, was loud and awkward;
    it chilled to the bone the men who were sitting at the conference table; the
    Dark Lord, for his part, remained undisturbed.

As usual.

"Yes... The Master of the Death itself..." Palpatine half-whispered as if he had
    just been through a moment of great clarity--- "My star must be constructed!"
    he suddenly snapped as if he meant to wake up his audience. He somewhat managed
    to since the gathered men, except Vader, startled at his sudden, high pitch of
    voice. "With it in my hands, those rebellious planets will be little more than
    bits of dust before me. "

"As you wish, my Master," Vader bowed obediently.

"Begin the construction at once!" the other repeated, as if Vader hadn't agreed
    with him.

"The works will begin as soon as this order is signed," the dark giant informed
    him as he produced a data pad and an electronic stylus.

The Emperor looked at it and saw an order for the construction of the lethal
    weapon which he had just envisioned. He signed it.

While he was doing so, an aide in a violet robe came inside the room and bowed.

"Your Highness, lord Karder has arrived and is requesting an audience."

"Very well, take him to the s

2. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Ooh, nice! You've got me hooked...basically, because I want to see how it all pans out from the short summary at the top...

3. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Nice to meet you, Katarn Lead :) And glad to hook you ;) I hope you'll remain hooked to the end because this story, thanks to the invaluable contribution of Tatiana and her cool ideas, truly is a unique piece of fanfic :) Some things in it can't simply be developped in other settings because of the secret truce between Luke and Vader.

As you can see, I still have much fun with this project; I hope you'll have much fun too :)

Thanks for the feedback; it means a lot to me and Tatiana (which I'll try to get posting too)

Love
    SJ

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is a lovely begining. I'm hooked already too! :)

5. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Hello Sara :)

thanks for the feedback; hope your fun will continue :)

Love
    SJ (and Tatiana of course ;)

6. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Yep! Looks pretty good! :D I always liked your Leia stories SJ, and I'm looking forward to this one. :D

7. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Hello Lovely Leia :) Glad that this beginning looked good for you :) Of course, Leia won't be conscious for a while, but when she'll be... I think you'll like her again :) (at least, I hope so of course ;)

Thanks for the feedback; it means a lot to me :)

Love
    SJ

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Hmmmmmm i wonder what happens to Leia.

Jez

9. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Oh, lovely, SJ! I enjoyed this story a lot before, so it'll be fun to read over again. :D That's not to mention that I've always liked your Vader...

10. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    hello Jez, Darth Silenous :) What will happen to Leia... bad things but no details, and daddy will be able to help her ;)

Darth Silenous, thanks for the comments about the old one; I must admit that the new edition should be more articulate (eh eh, I grew too as I writer ;) As for Vader, thank you, but in this story, remember that the core of his persona is Tatiana's ;) As his Leia's later on. (She told me that she'd join this thread to answer your comments but in the meantime, I want you to know where the credits belong :)

Hope that your fun, both of you, will continue...

Right now ;)

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post of first part

'Cold. Darkness. Pain, sharp and clear. A scream, so loud that it tore lungs
    apart, yet was soundless.

"Please, please, please, anybody! Please..."'

"Leia?!!" Luke gasped in horror as he jerked awake. He had dreamed of Leia,
    and--- no, not dreamed, he corrected himself as he remembered the details of his
    sister?s presence in his mind. It had been an undirected scream of despair
    coming from a Force-sensitive mind--- his sister?s mind!! ?Sith do I have a
    'very' bad feeling about this,? he thought as he instantly, almost reflexively
    jumped to his feet. He now ?knew? that his sister was in horrible trouble and
    that she needed his help.

Not caring at all if he were only wearing his pajama pants or his full uniform,
    Luke ran out of his quarters and barreled down the deserted corridors as fast as
    could; his direction was the Falcon and his friends.

"Han!" he called the moment that he was aboard the ship.

As if also sensing that something amiss, the smuggler was instantly awake and in
    the hatch of his quarters.

"Leia's in trouble," Luke explained grimly.

After a very short discussion with Han and Chewie about his dream, the two men
    gave themselves five minutes to get dressed before meeting just outside the High
    Command meeting room.

Five minutes later, Luke had barely rejoined Han that the other almost plowed
    through the doors of the high command room thanks to his hasty pace. Luke was
    right on his heels.

"Where's Leia?" the smuggler demanded immediately.

As if waiting for them, Mon Mothma, Admiral Madine and Admiral Ackbar were
    sitting at the meeting room despite the late hour of the night; they calmly
    gazed at them and Luke understood that they knew had somehow heard about his
    sister?s predicament.

"I'm afraid that Princess Leia is missing, Captain Solo," Mon Mothma, leader of
    the Rebel Alliance, explained soothingly. "We unfortunately don't know where
    she is, nor what exactly happened. The last we heard from her team, they
    were under attack---"

"Let me and Luke go after her," Han interrupted seriously. "The Empire is
    probably behind this."

"I'm sorry, but it is impossible," Mon Mothma answered calmly. "We need both
    of you here to help us bring about our New Republic."

"What? And just abandon Leia?" Han gaped in disbelief.

"No way." Luke rejoined, speaking up for the first time since he had walked in.
    "Leia has never given up on any of us; I'm not about to abandon her."

"May I remind you, Jedi Skywalker," Admiral Madine cut in, "that Princess Leia
    has gone to great length to convince us of your trustworthiness as a Jedi
    Knight. It would be most unfortunate if you were to prove her wrong with
    any rash action."

"But I can't sit here and wait when my best friend is in danger," he argued
    earnestly with the harsh officer.

"You don't know that," Mothma interjected.

"I do know it, Madam," Luke stated adamantly. "Even now, I can feel that she
    needs us, that she is alive and in torment."

For a long moment, the matriarch gazed long and hard at him, as if pondering the
    truth of his words.

Han interrupted the moment. "The Hell with it, I'm going. I'm not bound by any
    promise or anything, and ain't anybody who's gonna stop me from finding Leia,"
    he stated defiantly.

"General!" Admi

11. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Hey, nice one! Yup, still hooked...but is it the empire, or someone else??? Because by the title of it, Vader and Luke truce to get her back, which means that it's prob not empire...just thoughts of teh hour.

12. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Han threw his general insignia on the table. "Independent Captain Solo,"
    he corrected...

He he he... great line. :D

The story looks interesting! I have a weak spot for L/V fics. ;)

~*Senoj*~

13. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Good morning :) Thanks for the feedback, Katarn and Senoj; it means a lot to us :) Glad you enjoyed it so far; we hope that your fun will continue :)

About your question, Katarn, Mothma tries to make it appear as if it is the Empire, of course, but it isn't ;) That's what Luke will discover pretty soon ;)

Now how about some more? Here we go :)

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post of part 1

He turned on his heels, his frustration clear to anyone who was watching him.
    Luke briefly bowed his head in deference before he followed him.

He walked silently besides Han, all the way to the Falcon. All of a sudden,
    both knew better than to talk in the open about their real plans. However, it
    was clear to them both that the High Command would not keep either of them
    from looking for Leia.

Once inside the Falcon, Luke spoke up.

"I'm going to look for her too, Han,? he stated seriously. ?I've already begun
    what they call a Jedi search; I'll just keep my eyes open for my sister while
    I'm at it," he smirked conspiratorially.

As he did so, he saw a mental flash of when he and Leia had told Han about their
    twin ship. It had been after Luke had had to explain why Leia and he seemed to
    share too many odd similarities and even seemed more linked than Solo and Leia
    were through their love.

Han and Chewie had never betrayed their secret, he remembered from his memory;
    he knew that he could trust them with 'any' secret.

"There ain't nobody alive who's gonna keep me from saving her," Solo growled in
    anger.

"Okay, but you know how you have a way with people," the young Jedi seriously
    warned him. "just try to be a bit more tactful about that one."

Han gave him his lopsided, self-confident grin. "Hey, it's me."

TBC soon :)

Love
    SJ

14. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    hmmm, what is it with me and too short posts this morning... Sorry about tease, didn't mean to do that; here's some more to balance it out ;)

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post of part 1

Throughout the following weeks, both Luke and Han began their secret
    investigation. Since Luke was supposedly looking for other Jedi warriors, the
    High Command hadn't even tried to make him change his mind about leaving.

However, he quickly admitted that looking for other Force sensitives was
    somewhat easier than finding traces of his secret sister.

Although he knew that she wasn't dead, he felt as if she had completely
    disappeared from the galaxy.

Taking a moment of respite from his intensive search, the young Jedi sighed and
    rested his elbows on the top of his cantina table. He took another swig of his
    tea.

Three weeks now... three weeks since he'd felt his sister's pain from across the
    galaxy... then nothing.

And if he couldn't feel her anymore, then it could only mean that she was d---

No, he placated himself, he couldn't give up. Not on his life. He simply wasn't
    searching in the right places...

Sighing in frustration, he looked around the tavern he was in. Things certainly
    didn't change much from one bar to the other, he reflected wryly. As usual, he
    was surrounded by the same ragtag assembly of smugglers, outlaws, and honest
    citizens who had gome there to forget their problems.

As his gaze roamed across the crowded room, he found it drawn toward a man who
    was flipping a coin as if it were a great prize. Luke frowned as he felt a
    sudden guidance through the Force; he took a closer look at the man. The Force
    was trying to tell him something, he realized, but what?...

Then, before he had focused, he saw an enhanced image of the coin.

He was instantly on his feet and on his way toward the other. The two men
    noticed his approach but dismissed him as being inconsequential--- until his
    hand shot out and caught the coin while it was flipping in the air.

"Hey, who do you think you are?" the other asked, more than a little upset.

Luke glared at him, wordlessly warning the other that he had better not
    threaten him. The other seemed to understand him; he subsided. With this
    threat was dealt with, Luke turned his attention to the coin.

It was Leia's lucky charm all right, he identified. Unlike the other pieces of
    credit, it was one of the last pieces from Alderaan as well as unique one. It
    had escaped the destruction of the planet because Leia had been carrying it in
    her pocket as a lucky charm at the time. It had also been the only coin ever
    forged with two metals.

?A special gift from a loving father to a beloved daughter,? she had told him
    when she had shown it to him for the first time... after the battle of Yavin.

He turned toward the man who was still glaring at him.

"Where have you found this?" he inquired seriously, almost threateningly.

"None of your business, Kiddo. Give it back or I'll take it back."

Luke stared the man down. "That coin belongs to a very dear friend of mine.
    Either you tell me where you got it, or I'll assume that you are behind her
    disappearance and I'll bring you in."

The other seemed to consider; meanwhile, his friend tried to take hold of his
    weapon but a sharp look from Luke discouraged him.

"None of that," he warned him. "Keep your hands where I can see them." He
    turned back toward his quarry. "Where?"

The other grumbled unintelligibly until he shrugged in frustration. "Oh,
    what the heck. One of the pilots over there had a bet with me. He lost."

Luke turned in the indicated direction, aware that the man wasn't lying.

"Thank you," he told him before he returned to his table.

Unlike his first approach though, he kept a low profile as he studied the
    raucous group.

The first thing he noticed was that they were pirates, not smugglers, the
    second, that they were quite inebriated; it would make tailing them easier

15. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I loved this fic ,too.From the very unique way how to get rid off Palpy andVaders quietly taking over up to how Luke and Vader pulled that truce through.
    I also liked how you pictured Vader and of course the way Vader and Han reacting to one another was real fun.
    But did I get you right?You changes a bit of the story later on?

16. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Hello VAdeyfan2002 :) Nice to meet you and to see that we entertained you in the past ;) Tatiana will probably be delighted by your comments about her Vader :) I for one am very glad that you enjoyed the different protrayals of Luke and Han :) As for changing things, I re-edited the grammar and the way things were said sometimes, but otherwise... I didn't touch the story nor added scenes. I just rewrote it in a more fluent style without the tidbits of grammar and vocabulary which had slipped past several notices back then ;)

If you decide to re-read it, I hope you'll have fun once again, if not, then I can only warn you to check this thread every once in a while... the sequel is coming right after this ;)

Thanks again for the feedback and interest; it means a lot to us :)

Love
    SJ

17. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Of course I will re-read it!
    It's to good not to.As for the sequel,
    I'm happy to hear about it,I'll stay with you.

18. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Hello again Vadey :) I know what you mean about the story; I rediscovered it myself when I re-edited it. I'm really glad that I helped Tatiana bring that story to life; it would have been a shame to not enjoy this part of the L/V fanfic universe :)

Wait till she hears that you're going to read it again :) You'll make her day for sure; you sure did mine ;)

How about some more fun now?

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post

It was late at night when they finally decided to leave the bar. He himself
    had left the bar a few hours ago to take position in the streets near the bar.
    When they came out; he discreetly followed them.

Their destination soon became obvious: the spaceport.

'Those guys wouldn't try to fly in their state, would they?', he wondered
    uneasily, suddenly worried about the safety of the inhabitants of the city. He
    made a note to incapacitate their ship if they showed any sign of lifting off.

Careful to remain out of sight, he watched them as they boarded a large ship,
    which was bearing the same weird symbol than the one he'd seen on the arm of one
    of the pirates.

Feeling his hopes sore as he understood that he had finally found a link to his
    sister's kidnappers, he reached out to search for her presence.

Seconds later, he reintegrated his senses, somewhat disappointed. She wasn't
    anywhere nearby, but he could feel that he was on the right track.

He decided to take a look inside and see which information they had in their
    logs about Leia's location.

The ship was naturally guarded but for a Jedi, he knew that it would be easy to
    slip past their sleeping defenses. Focusing his senses on himself, he skulked
    closer to the berthed ship. Slowly, he approached them from the shadows of the
    nearby ships, then silently walked toward the boarding ramp.

By the time that he had reached it, the guards were nodding off sleepily.
    With a little Force-enticement, they kept doing it while he slipped aboard
    the ship.

Once inside, he hugged the walls, his blaster in his hand and set on stun.

'Pirates,' he thought in rare disgust as he looked around himself.

There were bodies slumped in every room he passed by, their capacity to inhibit
    alcohol obviously ignored by what served as brains in their heads. Of course,
    he conceded, alcohol was probably the least damageable drug that they had taken
    that night.

He finally reached the cockpit--- where a pirate was snoring loudly, his heavy
    body sprawled in the pilot's chair. Luke took a moment to put this one
    under a veil so as to not awaken him during his search, then called up the
    navcomp readings and prepared himself for a long struggle with login and
    password.

To his pleasant surprise, he discovered that the computer was still logged-in.
    The Force was obviously with him tonight, he reflected while he set to work. He
    had had about one chance in a million to find it still logged in, for even the
    craziest fool in the galaxy who cared about his survival would not leave a comp
    logged in...

But then again, perhaps the pilot 'was' the craziest fool in the galaxy, he
    thought with a smirk.

The list finally opened without any other difficulty. His first discovery was
    that the pirates had been to many places, both inside and outside the known-
    territories; they called themselves the Massacres.

He had finished to study this information and was wondering what to check next
    when he felt a renewed tug in the Force; he began to call up directories.

He was waiting for them to come up when a sound came from the opened corridor.
    He whirled around, his weapon ready to bear on any bypasser---- only to discover
    that the source of the sound was merely a small rodent which had decided to pay
    a visit to the bridge during the night.

Letting out a breath of relief, Luke refocused on the loading computer.
    However, having learnt his lesson about being careless, he made sure to keep his
    senses alert to sense danger if it came n

19. Tatiana

Tatiana Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Well, hi :)
    I'm SJ's co-author, I wrote Vader and Leia later on.
    And I'm aufully glad that my Vader is well-liked :))
    Enjoy the story!

20. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Hey, you joined in :) Glad to see you here so you'll be able to take the credit for what is yours, and what awesome credits those are :)

I said it before and I'll say it again my friend; it was and is still an honor to help you bring this great story to life :) Your Vader is, in my humble opinion, a MUST for any Vader lover, and his interaction with Luke are simply a refreshing change from (eh eh) the usual L/V coercicion or save me/save him thing ;) (SJ whistling innocently). Well, okay, those are fun too, but it would have been a shame if the L/V fanficverse had never experienced your vision of Vader in it :)

Love
    SJ

21. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Okay, time for some more investigation results ;)

He called up the list of their contracts.

The Force was still with him, he smiled. Most were identified, Leia's included--- so he had been right, he thought in sudden aggression and worry. They ?had? hurt his sister.

Keeping himself from even looking at the nearby pirate to glare hatefully at him, he asked for the details of this contract to find out who was after his sister. Unfortunately, that?s where the Force stopped helping him.

He only found a bank-account number.

Carefully memorizing it for further use, he turned off the computer and made his
    way out of the ship.

As he walked down the main corridor, Luke kept himself on a tight ?leash? and reminded himself that killing those cruel men and aliens wouldn't be worthy of a Jedi, but he had to admit that he would feel damn good about doing it this one time.

They had attacked his sister's ship, he wanted to remind the Force; they had captured her and brought her somewhere, probably outside the galaxy.

And to do what? he wondered as he gazed in his back and inside the ship that he had just exited. What had they possibly done to his princess? And why?

While he and his sister were both known for their heroics, they had long since gone down in the most wanted list. In fact, the Empire had completely stopped hunting them down almost two years ago.

So if the Empire wasn't after them, he pondered, then who? He and his sister didn't have that many enemies... and especially not Leia.

It was another story for him since he was a Jedi Knight now, but Leia...

And yet, those pirates had taken a contract on her. Why?, he asked the unseen Force.

Why her and not him?..

As he hid once again in the surrounding shadows near the main engines of the
    ship, he reflexively drew his lightsaber and slashed at the engine pods. They
    would live some more, he thought at the pirates, but they would not be going
    anywhere soon either.

By the time that the sleepy guards had woken up enough to attack him, he was long gone.

To be Continued in part 2: Truce

Love
    SJ and Tatiana

22. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Good morning :)

And here is some more :)

Part 2: Truce
    By SJ and Tatiana 09-05-00/13-04-01
    Suggested and co-written with Tatiana (aa354105@econophone.ch)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quasar/3702

IMPORTANT Note about the story's copyrights: All the rights related to the basic
    idea of Mon Mothma's scheme and the ensuing alliance between Luke and Vader
    belong to Tatiana, and so do Vader's personality and the Sathed history. The
    rest of the story is a fusing of our imaginations since we've passed the story
    back and forth between ourselves :)

Special thanks to my shy, secret beta-reader and best friend, Adrianne, for her
    help with the final editing of my new stories. Thanks for giving me some of your
    precious time, my friend :)

After reporting the presence of dangerous pirates at the spaceport, Luke
    returned to his ship to get some much needed sleep.

Cold. Burning pain. Blind darkness. Cold fire----- A cold touch. A black mask, hovering over her. A reflection of her face in the empty lenses. Burned darkened ruins of a temple----.'

Luke awoke yet again with a gasp, the third time since he had gone to sleep, and once again, he sat bolt upright on his bunk, startling his faithful droid from his own rest.

Artoo whistled an inquiry to his master.

"No, I'm okay... Just nightmares," he muttered as he forced his heartbeat to
    slow down.

Artoo fluted something degrading about a certain dark lord.

"Thanks a lot, Artoo," Luke grumbled as he fell back on the pillow of his narrow
    bunk. "I really needed you to remind me of 'him'," he muttered as he covered
    his eyes to shoo away the thoughts that were suddenly invading his mind.

Vader cutting off his hand... Determinate to destroy his soul... And now Leia...

He tried to go back to sleep, to forget everything... but he couldn't.

Two things were not leaving his mind: Vader, and that unknown account number.
    Had Vader sent the pirates after Leia? he wondered as he sat up once again, this
    time with a sigh of tiredness and worry. Had he discovered about their
    relationship? Why not come after him instead of his sister? And why the heck
    would Vader give that job to the scum of the galaxy when he could take care of that himself? Last time that he had dealt with the cruel dark lord, the other had been more than able to handle his own affairs with anybody he chose to torment.

Unable to stand the idea of his father hurting Leia again, he stood up and
    went into the cockpit, his droid following him right on his heels.

"I'll get to the bottom of this thing," he promised him, sitting in the pilot's
    seat.

His droid fluted in agreement, although Luke had the feeling that Artoo didn't
    exactly know what he was talking about.

Wordlessly, the young Jedi turned on the main computer, established a link with
    the all-knowing imperial holonet and typed the number that he'd memorized aboard the Pirates' ship.

A series of possible banks came on screen. He scrolled down the list, then took
    a deep breath and trusted the Force to pinpoint the guilty one.

It did.

Since the account was numbered though, the owner's identity was naturally protected, but Luke had been with Artoo far too long to ignore his talents of hacker. He plugged him in and told him to find the identity of the mysterious nemesis.

It took the little droid a long, long time to find the data. A time during
    which Luke couldn't leave the planet without disturbing his search.

Hence, he tried once again to catch up with his recent lack of sleep.

TBC soon :)

Love
    SJ and Tatiana

23. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Yes,on ocasion R2 is more of an espionage-droid than astromech.
    And therefore oh so useful and priceless.

Vadey

24. SJade

Sep 15, 2000
    Indeed he can be a very skilled spy ;) Especially when his actions are more detailed (a bit ;)

Thanks for the interest, VAdey, it means a lot to us :)

Ready for the enhanced results of the search? ;)

Three days later, and little sleep for the Jedi, the data search was over.
    Luke, who had once again gotten up from his bunk after another vain attempt to
    sleep, felt his heart stop in his chest as he read the results. He sank in the
    pilot chair, his knees giving under him in horror.

The woman had given another name, but the biodata didn't lie; Artoo had
    taken the liberty to compare them with the medical databank which registered
    everything about every citizen as soon as they were born.

Mon Mothma?.. he gaped in utter denial. No... no, it couldn't be. Mon Mothma
    was one of Leia's best friend. The two women had been in the Senate together,
    had founded the Rebellion together and had fought side by side at the worst of
    the war---

"There must be a mistake," he commented out loud as he typed in a request to
    produce further proof.

Artoo double-checked. Now that the information had been found, it came up much
    faster than he expected... and still confirming him that there wasn't any
    mistake.

"Then it's been forged," he told the droid, hanging onto that last hope that
    something was wrong.

Artoo gave an electronic sigh, set to work again, with the same results.

It hadn't been forged either.

Luke slumped back in his seat, drained from any strength to sit straighter.

The woman whom everyone looked up to... The woman who had led them in war... The
    woman who was presently in charge of the Rebellion... was an assassin. At
    least, he conceded glumly, it explained why she had vehemently opposed his
    leaving to search for Leia. Somehow, she must have known that his Jedi talent
    would eventually lead him to this discovery.

Which now left him with one question: what could he do now?

He couldn't go back to the Rebellion, not after this discovery--- and suddenly
    understood the woman?s reason for her actions: Mon was trying to destroy the
    Emperor to take his place, taking out anyone who could stand in her way... even
    Leia.

Normally, he didn?t believe such mean judgments, but now, with this last piece
    of the puzzle setting into place, everything was horribly clear: the Rebellion
    was in fact Mon Mothma's private army against the private army of the Emperor...
    and if Leia had also figured this out...

Then it explained why the other had had his sister kidnapped even though they
    hadn?t been close to defeating the Empire.

So, he too had now ?awakened? from Mon?s lies, he thought glumly, but that still
    left him with the question as to what to do.

He couldn't tell Han 'that' truth; the poor man would go berserk and die before
    he ever got to Leia. He also knew that he couldn't contact anybody in the
    Rebellion; they would tag him as the traitor the moment that he would mention
    Mon?s secret.

That... left only one person in the whole galaxy whom he could call for help.

The last person he ever wanted to see again.

Vader.

No, he argued with himself, swiftly standing up on his feet as if to add belief
    to his denial. He wasn't that desperate... was he? He wasn't going to call for
    the help of the man who was responsible for his artificial hand, his nightmares
    about his family and all the other horrors which had happened to him throughout
    his first three years with the Rebellion.

No way.

TBC soon :) eh eh, the fun begins ;)

Love
    SJ and Tatiana

25. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    oOoOo luke's gonna ask daddy darth if he will help him! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.