Power Lust : Sequel!!!!! Lust For Revenge is back!!! part 14/20(L/V/Le/H/Mara ;P) pg

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SJade, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    I must say, Winter I like.

She seems understanding and not once did she something that would confuse or anger Luke. Also she somehow already seems to sense that something is very wrong concerning Luke and how he reacts to the others and how the others to him, but has decided not to say something for now.
  2. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello again :)

Thanks for the great comments, both of you :) Despite the different approaches to this part, we're glad that you continue to have fun with at least parts of it :)

THanks again for your great comments, both of you!

Ready for more? ;P

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post.

(...)

An hour later, after he had taken a bath and had changed clothes, Luke felt more like himself. His mood had also lightened a bit. The world around had lost some of its foggy quality. Instead, his surroundings felt more like solid reality.

Something he knew.

As he remembered his previous conversations with Cilghal, Han and Winter, he felt remorseful to have treated Winter so coldly. She was an excellent friend and she really didn't deserve to be the recipient of his bad mood. Even if she understood why he had been melancholy, he had no excuse for his attitude with her.
    "Next time I see her, I'll apologize," he decided.

But first, he badly needed more information about this new world he had awakened in.

...What he found deeply shocked him.

There were trials in progress, Mara's, of course, but also others of a totally different nature. One of them was called 'Journalists' trial'. Reporters and news programs directors of liberal channels were being judged for defamation, collaboration with enemies of the state. Some of them were even tried for treason.

Worse, Leia was a prosecutor.

Draped in white, pregnant, she should have looked angelic on holos, but instead, she had chilled him to the bone. Her face had been solemn and cold, strong, almost cruel. The reporters had called her the 'Ice princess'.

Others had addressed her by her now official name: Leia Solo-Vader.

As he sat looking at these so simple words, Luke felt the rest of his world crumbling around him. Absentmindedly, he registered the fact that Leia's presence felt awake in the Force now; he could feel her in the background - so familiar, so ... domestic, warm, friendly... How could that coexist with the horror he was seeing on the screen?

How?

He sprung to his feet and ran out of the room.

He had to see her. He had to see with his own eyes if she had truly changed as much as the holos suggested... or if she was still his beloved sister.

The sister he remembered.

She was branding her hair.

The screen on the wall in front of her was turned on; a woman's head was muttering something barely intelligible. 'News, probably', Luke thought as he stepped in the living room.

"Luke!" Leia beamed, excited. Her eyes suddenly alit with joy, she grabbed the remote and turned the screen off. "I'm so happy!"

She looked so, indeed, he conceded as she rushed to him and hugged him in a fashion not so different from Chewie's choke holds.

As he held her, he reflected that there were strange new feelings in her, too.

It had been how she held herself before she saw him, he realized. The way she had slowly turned her head - with dangerous grace. She 'had' changed, too.

"How are you? Is the baby okay? Congratulations for---" she pulled away from him and looked up in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

For a long moment, he met her concerned gaze. She was so warm and caring like he remembered, and yet... cold, too, in a way. "How could you..." he finally muttered, his heart breaking. Leia, too, was dead... They were all dead.

The ones he had loved, tried to save, and had even convinced to stay with Vader... they were all dead, replaced by people he didn't know anymore.

People who blindly served his father, the new Sith Emperor...

"What?" she asked, not understanding? Her eyes turned from happy to confused in a flash.

Luke met her gaze unflinchingly. "How could you betray yourself like this? What happened? What Vader did to make you betray everything you ever stood for?"

Leia frowned, and then blinked. "Luke... What in Force's sake are you talking about?"

"I was researching what I have missed. I looked at holos." He let his hurt come through his eyes and voice. "You used to st
  3. Jerjerrod-Lennox Force Ghost

star 7
    Why do I get the feeling this is not good?
  4. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    eh eh ;P You must be Force-sensitive, JL :)

Ready for more? Here it goes :)

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post

(...)

Back in his quarters, Luke took a message from Han. Kyp would be at his place around seven o'clock tonight.

He waited with some nervousness for the evening to come.

What had happened to Kyp? What was happening with him?! He was feeling disorientated and all alone, as if in a desert - and a storm was building on the horizon. Soon, everything would be destroyed. Fear was creeping into his heart.

Remembering Cilghal's words, he understood now. Indeed, many things had changed in the world he had foolishly left behind almost a year ago.

And for what, in the end? For adventure? For the prospect of a new Jedi student? For Love? For a family of his own?

For more pain?

Had any of his recent joy really been worthwhile?..

When his student finally stood at his door, he felt as if the deck had fallen under his feet; he was falling into the abyss, falling, falling... It was not possible!

Kyp was wearing black robes that were adorned with a Sith symbol, and he carried an ysalamiri on his shoulder.

"...And then I pleaded allegiance to the Lord of the Sword," Kyp was saying. "And I'm happy, Master Skywalker. I feel complete, like I never did when struggling to make myself fit to be a Jedi."

Luke closed his eyes, briefly. He was still falling.

His father had known of Exar Kun, had allowed his communications with the boy...

Yes, it was a masterful manipulation that Vader had mounted to make this youth a Sith. However, instead of due awe, Luke felt only the pain of betrayal. He had welcomed his father at the academy, had left the students in his 'care'...
    "How can you be grateful to him," he finally spat, interrupting Kyp's eulogies to his father. "He allowed you to be corrupted!"

"No. He merely left me to my choices."

"But he knew, your 'friend' was a Sith, that he was deceiving you! That he wanted you for evil purposes. He should have warned you!"

"He didn't know what Kun was planning. Besides, being a Sith doesn't mean that he can understand all the other Siths he meets. Anyway, even if he had warned me, I wouldn't have believed him. I was certain that I knew 'Master Kenan' well, that I could trust him..."

"You never told me about him."

"Well... I wanted my mystery, my special treasure. I wanted to feel different and important. I was such a fool," The youth lowered his eyes to look at his clasped hands, "not able to see the obvious deceptions and traps. Lord Vader still believed in me, though, I think. He helped me - and Lord of the Sword helped me - and no-one forced me to make this decision. I just wanted to. And I don't regret it at all. Lord Vader is helping me to learn..."

Learn, sure, Luke thought, feeling as if he were adrift in deep space, his pain cutting him off from his surroundings. His father had been right to admonish him for trusting him too easily. 'He' had been a fool for that, not Kyp. All this time, Vader only wanted another servant, someone else to imitate him, and since his own son had refused his offer... As he gazed at his former student, he realized that this time, his father didn't go with half-measures to twist Kyp. He kept him cut off the Force so that he couldn't feel the divergence of the path he was being led on.

Until too late.

"And the 'lizard'" he almost spat in disgust. Does it also help you learn?"

"Yes, she does."

At this, reality returned to Luke, and his outrage exploded in words. "And you believe it?! He is cutting you from the Force, destroying your awesome talent, and you're grateful?! I never saw an abomination so vile..."

He just couldn't bear the existence of this ... lizard, crippling his most talented student. Before Kyp could understand his intention, he was beside the youth. A second later, he grabbed the lizard and viciously threw it against the wall.

Shocked, Kyp didn't move for a moment, merely stared in utter horror. Then, he rushed to the fallen animal and fell
  5. Jerjerrod-Lennox Force Ghost

star 7
  6. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello JL :)

Naughty Kyp, huh :p I think Luke is worse at the moment ;P

Thanks for your continued interest and your comments; it means a lot to us :)

Here's the last part of this chapter... and, sadly, no, part 20 is not ready yet :(.....

anyway, may you have fun once again: Vader will be in this one :)

Disclaimers and thanks, see first post

(...)

High Security Military Hospital, 11p.m.

It was night already.

The view screen in her room looked like an abstract painting - golden rings over a black background; Coruscant's night side as seen from orbit.

She was lying flat on her back, her head turned toward the said screen, her left hand still cuffed to the edge of the bed. She had awakened in this position four hours ago and had barely moved ever since. She felt devoid of any energy, as if her break-up with Luke had taken all her strength.

'Vader will not come now,' she thought, noticing the time on the clock. It was too late in the day; her nemesis was probably catching a good night's rest.

Should she be upset or relieved, though?

Immediately after she had awakened, she had asked her guards to signal to Vader her desire to speak with him; Vader hadn't bothered to even acknowledge her request. Of course, she couldn't really expect anything of the Dark Lord of the Sith. They were barely on speaking terms, and that itself was already a miracle considering all the history of enmity between them.

A miracle... Like her little miracle called Jemma.

As she thought about her pregnancy, she allowed herself to analyze Vader's behavior with her. He had been remarkably civil with her then, had even been bordering on paranoid about her security and mental state. However, now that she knew about the life bond with her daughter, she understood his motivations. He hadn't been worried about her, nor had he been worried about Jemma. He had been worried about himself...

She paused on this thought. Vader? Afraid for his own life? Nah... She knew that as her enemy, his personal bravery had never been to be underestimated; the man was known to risk his own life in a battle if it meant victory. Of course, he had always taken calculated risks, carefully considering his capabilities before acting, but still, he had never shied away from the danger either. He was a warrior.

Period.

So, no, she shook her head in comprehension. Vader had not been worried about his existence; he had been worried about Jemma. He had been concerned about his grand-daughter... his blood-line.

Jemma...

Her little angel Jemma...

Would she ever forgive her for being who she had been before--- and now, for doing what 'had' to be done, she reminded herself meaningfully.

She held onto that thought, refusing to let her resurfacing doubts get the best of her.

But it was too late to not hurt Luke anymore; she had already wounded him, she whined inwardly. Jemma's cries had proven this to her; she had cried her little lungs out for as long as Luke hadn't managed to calm her. It was clear to her now that the poor infant had been crying all 'his' turmoil and pain; she had been in 'his' arms when she had reacted to such extreme.

In her case, every new loud complaint that had reached her ears had cut deeply through her soul. 'She' had caused this. 'She' was at fault for hurting him, and Jemma, again---

But it had been necessary, she reminded herself sternly as she tried to trace the lines of light on Coruscant with her eyes; tears had formed in her eyes throughout the past minutes, blurring her vision for a moment.

It had been the only way to save him from her loss; she had had to turn her back to him before it was too late. Had she not loved him as madly as she had, she would have never been able to go through this.

She still loved him, though...

She dried her eyes with her free hand. Strange how she could thoroughly dislike the father, yet be so enamoured with the son that she was willing to give her life for him if it meant saving him...

She stopped on her thoughts, and then shook her h
  7. Jerjerrod-Lennox Force Ghost

star 7
    Vader is being a bad boy as usual.
  8. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    I wonder if Vader will see to Luke, and get the shock of his life, because his son's eyes have become yellow... (you know what this then means).
  9. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    Just wanted to let you know that I am still with you. I work as a paramedic and DRL has been real busy lately. It has gotten busy since school has ended and party time has begun. Sometimes in this story I wonder if Luke is still asleep and dreaming all this. Good work my friend and do not over work those shoulders!!!
  10. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello JL, Tribun and Jediflyswatter :)

Thanks for your interest, the three of you :) Glad you liked the rest of that part, too :)

About the yellow eyes, no, I don't think he'll see that because neither Tatiana nor I really liked that part of ROTS. Besides, Vader 'did' feel what was going on with Luke during the day. That's why he is talking about a truce with Mara right now ;P

Good success on the job, Jediflyswatter, and don't overwork yourself either ;P I'm careful about my shoulders, don't worry... I'm just kind of stiff today because of a treatment yesterday...

Still no news from Tatiana about part 20, so... coming soon, but I don't know when :(

Thanks again everyone, and hope to see you around once again when we return with more of the story :)

Entertaining you means a lot to both Tatiana and I :)

Love
    Mireille (and Tatiana) XXX
  11. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be early in my good wishes, but Happy Father's Day to all the daddies who read this ;)

I wish I could announce more LFR soon, but sadly, I haven't had any contact with Tatiana for the past few weeks :(

In the meantime, if you'd like some more L/V stuff, I just posted a Father's Day special. A Father's Love.

I know it doesn't have the brilliant twist of Tatiana's unique Vader, but, well, I hope you'll have fun reading it if you decide to check it out :)

Sorry for the new delays about LFR... We're working on it...

Love
    Mireille XXX
  12. skywalker64089 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very nice. ready for the next part.

S.
  13. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    I forgot to say in my last message, poor little Lila the Lizard. I felt real bad for the little thing just minding her own little lizard mind and WHAM! Made into a goo spot. If I had been Kyp, I might have gone all Sithy on Luke. I know Luke is having a bad time, but still the critter did not do it to him. Hope he had to clean up the mess. Can not wait for the next post my dear friend.
  14. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    Nevermind this. Computer problems both technical and biological.
  15. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for your interest, both of you :)

Yeah, poor little Lila... that's why she made me cry when I read what Tatiana did to her...

Thanks again for your comments both of you; they really mean a lot to us :)

Tatiana is working on part 20; I'm waiting for new from her. Cross your fingers for a prompt sending from her :)

Love
    Mireille XXX
  16. Kingwooper Jedi Padawan

That was amazing. You have some talent for starwars fanfics.
  17. mireille Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good morning everyone :)

Thanks for the great comment, Kingwooper :)Glad you enjoy this story, although in this one, its the combined talent of Tatiana and I together ;P

Sadly, I am still without news from Tatiana, and seeing as how this board is talking about an incoming move, I've decided to lock this topic for the time being while leaving for you the address of the posts at ff.net.

That way, if, for some technical reason, I can't relocate this board at the new address, thus can't update the new parts anymore, just check at ff.net and it will be there for sure :)

So, here's the link:
    Lust for Revenge at ff.net
    The next part will be, of course, /35/ ;P

So, until the next time we talk again, or that we can bring you new stories, take excellent care of yourself, all of you, and may this move proceed smoothly :)

Love
    Mireille

p.s. I am working on an archive of SW fanfiction links. If you'd like to know more about it, or simply find great stories, check it out at :SWFanfic-links yahoo group. Of course, I think it would be better to wait for after the move before recommending fics at TF.net, but after it... please, share your recommendations for great or must-read fics here, too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.