main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Power of Sidious

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vaders-Apprentice, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders-Apprentice

Vaders-Apprentice Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    I was wondering today, how exactly did Darth Sidious gain enough power and influence to more or less own the trade federation, sure enough he was a Sith Lord but i cant imagine one man approaching this extremely powerful organisation and demanding that he was to take over.

2. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    He was the most powerful Sith Lord ever. More powerfull than Luke and Anakin

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001

That is a good q. Just remember this is SW...no one sweats the details. ;)

Anyhow,though the sith have been in hiding for millenia, they were not just sitting around. They were making contacts, alliances, influencing events to their advatange. Sidious was the one to break the silence and start taking galaxy spanning decisions by USING those contacts, and his senatorial position.

4. Vaders-Apprentice

Vaders-Apprentice Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    Yeah i was thinking he made contact through others but when did he first make contact himself barking out orders via hologram, Gunray and the others appear to be extremely frightened of him. I wonder if he ever gave them a demonstration of the ''full power of the darkside'' lol?

5. Darth_Keldor

Darth_Keldor Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2004
    I always thought of it as this, Sidious doesn't 'own' the Trade Federeation, what he does is this, he holds sway over those who are in charge like a lobbyist and makes sure through underhanded methods that those are in power will do what he wants them to do.

On unrelated note in one of the drafts of TPM Darth Sidious actually force chokes Doultay Dofine and says something like "only a Sith can weild the Force over such distance"

6. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    Think of it like the godfather. He helped the trade federation in their inherint struggle with naboo. He then prevented them from being persecuted, and promised them increased trade if the wars worked out. Basically, he got them in debt and convinced them it was in their best interest.

7. Go2doug

Go2doug Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    In The Phantom Menace, Newt Gunray says that he should never have made the "bargain" with Sidious after he learns that there is a second Sith lord (Maul). So apparently Sidious and Gunray worked out a mutually satisfactory agreement in which both would benefit somehow from the conquest of Naboo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.