main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Power/speed metal

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Entil`Zha, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Symphony X is one of the best Power/Prog metal bands I've heard. They're along the lines of Dream Theater, but have rejected any notion of being 'pop' or trying to get radio airplay. They're from New Jersey, write alot about mythology and fantasy. Check out the website http://listen.to/teof (not a clue in the world how html is set up here anymore...)

2. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    i like some older metal, but i do not like most any speed metal. while i'm sure it takes talent to play the music that fast and hard, i feel the songwriting is lacking. take slipknot, for instance. don't flame me if they are not what you think of as metal, but that is the image i get. slipknot, to me, is one of the least talented bands out there. i can't stand when they have no difference in their sound throughout the song. with all 9 of them playing their instruments as fast as they can, there is no change in the chords or delivery. also, cory growling the entire album is near retarded. the one song i like is wait + bleed, the only song with a message that you can hear.

sorry to put down the entire genre because of 1 or 2 bands, but if there is some good music i'm missing, let me know.

oh yeah, i almost forgot, i do like black sabbath. that should keep metalheads from hating me too much. ;)

3. Obi_Wan_13

Obi_Wan_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2001
    Slipknot aren't speed metal. If you wanna try speed metal check out early Megadeth and early Metallica.

Iced Earth - One of the best Power Metal bands around.

4. Darth Dradus

Darth Dradus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2000
    I guess my only qual with Power Metal is that I like Listnening to music from the 80's not bands that try to sound like the 80's. I don't care how great of ofa guitar or song writer they may be. It just sounds like old re hased music. IM just peronsly nota fan of the vocals and they sounds is just cheesy to me. But that's just me.

5. xSith666x

xSith666x Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Anyone like the new Manowar CD? They're cheesy as hell but you gotta love 'em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.