Rocky M, NC Power Trip!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Shindo_Windu, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindo_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, everybody! Yeah, I'm excited as Hell about going into the Navy. I scored pretty good on the ASVAB, and my recruiter was pissed that they wouldn't let me swear in becuase I was six pounds over my required weight limit. But all I have to do is lose an inch and a half off my waist in thirty days, and I can do that. My cousin's a bodybuilder, and he wrote me some things that he eats, and I'm gonna give that a shot. He said to eat Green stuff, NO sodas, get plenty of water, and Subway really IS a good place to eat. ^_^ And man, the whole Hotel thing was pretty nifty; the girls in the military are nice, and so hot and petite. Oh, man. Oh, anyway, I had a blast so far. I'm ready for some schooling.
  2. FettFan5150 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congrats bro best of luck with everthing. :cool:
  3. Shindo_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
  4. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad your pumped Shindo. I guess I'm just a little shocked by the whole thing. Maybe I missed it but I had no idea you were joining. Mixed feelings I guess.
  5. Shindo_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I've been doing nothing for the last four years really, and I thought, if I had gotten a brain and joined as soon as I got out of school, I could very well be out already.
  6. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad you're moving forward. Good luck.
  7. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Good luck, man! Like I said in another post, though, I just hate to see one of our members leaving. :(
  8. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Where will you doing basic? Hopefully it will be in San Diego. :)
  9. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    JediRiff sounds like Owen Lars trying to get Shindo to stay on for "one season more".... or not.
  10. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Thats what I'm afraid of...
  11. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    where are you going?

to find the Navy...

the Navy's dead, son, accept it.

(takes off, finds a Jawa which points to the recruitment office)
  12. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    See, when you make posts like that, I really have no comment I can add to it. Thats just a terrible thing, Joe-da!
  13. Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Knight

star 3
    that is an interesting thing to say seeing how the Navy is the Largest branch of the military now.... Oh and by the way he will be going to the same boot camp that i will be going to, the one in Chicago...
  14. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    My only advice Shindu and Drakkor from a former Air Force-man(albeit a very short stint) and from someone with family in the Navy is this:

Dont believe MOST of what they tell you. The military is a terrific thing. I have the utmost respect for those who serve. But a recruiter will tell you anything he/she thinks you want to hear to get you to enlist. At least mine did. At least your not going during the winter. Chicago + Winter = North Pole
  15. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Granddaddy was in New York when he was in the Navy (when not overseas). Of course this was during WWII. The other Granddaddy was Army.
  16. Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeppers i am going in the summer so i am okay.... both of my Grandfathers were in the Air Force, i am in the Navy but i'll be working on Air Planes
  17. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    My sister-in-laws husband is stationed in Georgia. My uncle retired from the Navy and is living in Pensacola. My Granddaddy was in the Army during WWII.
  18. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    My dad was in the army during the Korean War. And seeing as you are leaving soon, Drakkor, thats...gasp.... yet ANOTHER reason to come to the meeting! :D
  19. Shindo_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm looking to leave sometime in September or early October.
  20. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Sounds like someone will be missing Ep. III....
  21. Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Knight

star 3
    well we wont miss it, we just might not be able to see it the day it comes out.
  22. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Couldn't hack the Marine Corps, eh??? That's ok, I'll still talk to you...

Good luck to you future Squids, from your friendly neighborhood jarhead ;)
  23. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wondered how long it would take jkg to chime in with that Marine talk. ;)
  24. r2fu2 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    besides JEDIRIFF they are not leaving they are just taking a vacation from the boards for a very important job
  25. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I know. :) And my hats off to them, too. Oh, and J9, besides jarhead, have you ever heard of the term leatherneck? Thats what my dad calls marines, but only in a fond way. He was in the army. :D Served in 1st Cav, if I am not mistaken. A tank company.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.