main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Powers that be

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SaberGiiett7, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Yep How did you sway your really?

2. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    Agreed, SaberGiiett7. I think that they must take a more seductive approach.

But Rebecca191, the people you know are not the entire population. And although I have probably never met your friends, and I am assuming that they share your stand on this topic. Even your friends you have as much sense as you boats, will eventually aid them, if they do not open their eyes.

3. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Someone's been playing too much Deus Ex 8-}

4. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    What is Duex Ex? Or whatever you said.

5. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Video game, features the Illuminati, it's based around a conspiracy.

6. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't know what it is.

7. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm not talking about my friends so much as all the people who I've encountered in my life, and I really don't think anyone's going to be stupid enough to give up all our freedoms. Just read any debate on this topic.

8. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    Why is a one world gov't always seen as evil?

9. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/seclorum.html

Beneath the pyramid on the reverse side of the Great Seal is the Latin phrase "Novus ordo seclorum." Charles Thomson chose this motto, probably borrowing it from Virgil, the famed Roman poet who lived in the first century B.C.

Virgil wrote the phrase, "Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo," in the fifth line of his classic Eclogue IV. It has been translated in different ways, including:

A mighty order of ages is born anew.
    The great series of ages begins anew.
    The ages' mighty march begins anew.
    The majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew.

The phrase is part of a prophecy about the fate of the Roman empire:

"Now the last age by Cumae's Sibyl song has come and gone,
    and the majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew . . .
    the Iron age shall cease, the Golden race arise . . .
    and shall free the earth from never-ceasing fear."

Thomson coined the motto "Novus ordo seclorum." The accepted translation is: "A new order of the ages." Thomson explains:

"The date underneath [the pyramid] is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words under it signify the beginning of the new American Æra, which commences from that date."

Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assert that "novus ordo seclorum" means "new world order."

And:

http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/translation.html

Seclorum means "of the ages" or "of the generations." This is easily seen in the phrase sometimes found at the end of prayers in Latin bibles: "secula seculorum" ? forever and ever (literally, "ages of ages"). Seclorum (seculorum, saeculorum, saeclorum) is a genitive plural form that could not properly be translated as "of the worlds."

Seclum was used to mean "world" in ecclesiastical (church) Latin ? in the sense of worldliness ? hence the meaning of the English word secular (from the Latin adjective secularis). Moreover, since "seclorum" is plural, even if it did mean "world" in the sense of "planet" (which it does not), "novus ordo seclorum" would have to be translated "new order of the worlds." For example:

"Immaculatus ab hoc saeculo" means "unstained by this world."
    "Et servientem corpori absolve vinclis saeculi" means "and free him who serves the body from the chains of the world."

Notice that the phrases, "this world" and "the world," could be replaced by the word "worldliness." This is decidedly not the case for the phrase "New World Order."

In Classical Latin, "world" ? in the sense that it is used in the phrase "new world order" ? would be "orbis terrarum/terrae" (or sometimes terra alone), or "mundus," or maybe "tellus." In Latin-English dictionaries, "seclum," in all its forms, is conspicuously absent from the listing of Latin words for "world."

Conspiracy theorists have a good imagination, except when it comes to choosing a symbol for their campaign. Trying to associate the reverse side of the U.S. Seal with their agenda is reminiscent of how an ancient universal symbol of well-being, the swastika, was commandeered in the mid-20th century and perverted into a negative image.

Also, religious extremists suffering fundamental illness (manifest in their "towers of babble-on" that clog the Web) are trying to demonize the radiant eye, the symbol chosen by America's founders to personify Providence.

The Founding Fathers experienced that God was in favor of the American cause, and they bore witness to this in their design for the Great Seal.

It is sad when Americans denigrate the symbols their nation's founders created ? and their own ancestors probably supported ? symbols of the very liberty they now enjoy.

The Great Seal was created by the people who gave us our freedom. It is not a symbol of those trying to take it away.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Why is a one world gov't always seen as evil?

Cause there's no way every single person in the world would accept the same government. Therefore, it would have to use force and possibly some "evil" methods to keep control.

11. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I don't buy into a lot of the conspiracy theories, but having read a Freemason handbook that belonged to my grandfather, there is some element of truth to the general concept. They do view themselves as the builders of social order, and they do have some highly questionable spiritual beliefs. I'm not sure their influence is as pervasive as some people think, or perhaps more accurately, not nearly as strong as it may have been at previous times.

12. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    You've tried to start this topic before.

It was locked, and you were told to take the discussion to the JCC.

Was there something you didn't understand?

13. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I thought the Illuminati were a group of fictional baddies in the "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" movie! DOn't play Deus Ex, so I wouldn't have heard about them from there... I guess I'm not up on modern conspiracy theories!!

Although I have heard of the Trilateral Commission, and--sadly enough--Art Bell. Both are a crock.

14. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    God, how silly is all of this. Everyone knows its The Patriots that are in control. Duh!

15. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    I thought AOL/Time/Warner was in control?? Well... maybe not now, after what i heard on th news. ;)

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Nooo, Microsoft is! ;)

*Waits for thread to be locked*

17. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Last time my topic was locked because I asked a yes or no question without inviting further ideas i'm new here so I made a mistake.Alright as for the pyramid and the all seeing eye go to the Illuminatis site at oneworldorder.org.Guess what?The first thing you see is that seal

18. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Sure, but who used it first? ;) Actually, I thought it was an Egyptian symbol... checking...

19. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Checking what?

20. Darth_Drunk

Darth_Drunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    If we are heading towards this One World Order, why does Bush keep butting heads with the UN? Why has there been no mention of gun control by the government since the Clinton Syndicate?

The rest of the world seems more intent on getting us into lockstep than the government.

If there was an organization looking to take over the world, I'd bet on the United Nations.

21. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Many UN members are either supporters of these groups or part of them so were both right.

22. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Checking this:

From the State Department.
    "The pyramid signifies Strength and Duration: The Eye over it and the motto allude to the many interpositions of providence in favour of the American cause. The date underneath is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words under it signify the beginning of the New American Æra, which commences from that date."

From Howstuffworks.com
    The unfinished pyramid and the eye in a triangle on the reverse side are classic symbols. The Egyptian pyramid is a symbol of strength and duration; the 13 steps indicate the original number of U.S. states; and the 13 steps leading to an unfinished summit indicates future growth of the nation. The eye is known as the "Eye of Providence" and is surrounded by rays of light. According to Webster's New World College Dictionary, "providence" can mean:
    1. a looking to, or preparation for, the future; provision.
    2. skill or wisdom in management; prudence.
    3. a) the care or benevolent guidance of God or nature, b) an instance of this.
    4. God, as the guiding power of the universe.

The single eye shows up in Egyptian mythology as the Eye of Horus, an ancient god of the Egyptians. The eye represented wisdom, health and prosperity. Some people think that the "all-seeing eye" is a symbol of Freemasonry, a fraternal organization, and they interpret this as proof that the Founding Fathers believed in Masonic principles and wanted to impose Masonic order on the United States.
    This essay addresses that rumor.

23. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Why is it the official seal of the Illuminati then?

24. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    "Many UN members are either supporters of these groups or part of them so were both right."

I'd like to see some proof.

25. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Why is it the official seal of the Illuminati then?

Is the Illuminati a real organization? Just because it has a website does not mean it is real. As for why this ambiguous group uses that icon as it's "officil seal" as you say, I cannot say. Perhaps it is the same reason that the Nazis chose to use the swastika. That symbol existed long before the Nazis (the word "swastika" is derived from the Sanskrit swastika which means, "conducive to well-being", and the symbol itself has a history dating back to Mesopotamian coinage and even early Christian and Byzantium Art. It has also been found in North, South and Central American civilizations, often used in Mayan and Navajo art.)

Because someone "adopts" a symbol does not mean that symbol adopts the values of that someone. Get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.