main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Powers that be

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SaberGiiett7, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm just proving the point that these groups exist.

2. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    But how are you proving that point?

3. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    The seal on the dollar bill says the One World Order in Latin and the Illuminati have it on their website.The all seeing eye will be connected with the pyramid once they achieve this goal.

4. Darth_Drunk

Darth_Drunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm just curious about this evil organization bent on world domination:

Does their leader walk around in a blue hood, slur all his "S" sounds, and have a big, red snake on all his clothes? Do all his other legions?

Does his field general wear a titanium mask and build lots of cool weapons?

5. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Yes how did you know

6. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    :[face_sigh]:

It does NOT mean "New world order". [face_plain]

"Novus ordo seclorum" is translated to "A new order of the ages", a reference to the fledgling American democracy. Seclorum NEVER means world in a literal sense, it is sometimes a reference to "worldliness". The literal word "world" is more properly translated to "orbis terrarum/terrae", or "mundus", or "tellus".

And as has been stated before, the all-seeing eye above the pyramid was chosen specifically by the founders to represent American Providence. The roman numerals at the bottom are 1776, the date of the Declaration of Independence.

7. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    The seal on the dollar bill says the One World Order in Latin

Did you not read 1stAd's post on the 2nd page?

Beneath the pyramid on the reverse side of the Great Seal is the Latin phrase "Novus ordo seclorum." Charles Thomson chose this motto, probably borrowing it from Virgil, the famed Roman poet who lived in the first century B.C.

Virgil wrote the phrase, "Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo," in the fifth line of his classic Eclogue IV. It has been translated in different ways, including:

A mighty order of ages is born anew.
    The great series of ages begins anew.
    The ages' mighty march begins anew.
    The majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew.

The phrase is part of a prophecy about the fate of the Roman empire:

"Now the last age by Cumae's Sibyl song has come and gone,
    and the majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew . . .
    the Iron age shall cease, the Golden race arise . . .
    and shall free the earth from never-ceasing fear."

Thomson coined the motto "Novus ordo seclorum." The accepted translation is: "A new order of the ages." Thomson explains:

"The date underneath [the pyramid] is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words under it signify the beginning of the new American Æra, which commences from that date."

Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assert that "novus ordo seclorum" means "new world order."

8. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "Does their leader walk around in a blue hood, slur all his "S" sounds, and have a big, red snake on all his clothes? Do all his other legions?

Does his field general wear a titanium mask and build lots of cool weapons?"

[face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]

9. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    In a sense, there is such a thing, but it's not the way you think nor is it so much of a secret.

Much of the world is controlled by a certain group of people, but not in some weird secret conspiracy. They're able to be quite open about it.

The world economy is dominated by Amerikan, German, and Japanese corporations. Those corporations and the Western governments whose ownership is co-mingled with them, have created a World Trade Organization, which can tell governments to invalidate their laws if they are considered to restrain trade. They have also created an International Monetary Fund to destroy the economies of third-world and developing nations, and a World Bank to finance the projects that they want financed. Through these institutions, the elite maintain control.

I believe that the Mills theory of political elites is correct, not only for the United States, but now for the world. Certain countries' political, economic, military, and media elites, which are allied and tightly interconnected, dominate the world's governments and corporations, and run them to suit their own interests. The political leaders work for the people's interests only as much as is necessary to keep them in line.
    However, this is not really a conspiracy- it is simply a central truth of our age, and a fact we must face. There is no one head, although there are several figures who each wield a great deal of power, more than any of the others.

In Orwellian terms, there is no Big Brother- he is a myth created by the Inner Party. So stop looking for him, and start overthrowing the Party- the elite.

I started reading one of those NWO things once, and what really made me stop and realize how stupid it was, was when they described secret ceremonies with some owl-head god. I was thinking, "And in a country with freedom of religion, I care because?"

I find it idiotic to think the UN is trying to take over the world. Think about what they actually do, what their leaders say, what kind of money they have, how much control they actually have and are able to exercise. Very little. The UN is a paper tiger, if anything. In part because of conspiracy theories like that. The US doesn't even pay its dues much of the time! The US has for some time led the world in debt owed to the UN. And the US is the biggest powerhouse and source of political and financial power in the UN.

Not only that, but New World Order is actually a fascist term. It was once used to refer to the Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis between the Third Reich, Fascist Italy, and the Empire of Japan, and in some sense to the supposed destiny of this alliance to conquer the world.

The UN is anything but fascist. What programs they are able to maintain help people, providing relief and education of various kinds. The method for running it is democratic and parliamentary, although certain nations maintain a controlling interest through the Security Council (mainly the Big Five nuclear powers).

Fascism is by definition nationalistic. However, the UN is anything but. Fascism also tends to exalt or enshrine racism, militarism, and jingoism. The UN is obviously not jingoistic, doesn't appear racist, and its "military" is a joke, a bunch of observers who allow themselves to be captured and furnish weapons to tinpot dictators rather than fighting as they should.

10. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    eaglejedi, what you are talking about is the NWO. Couldn't you put that together. The NWO, is not just one corporation, but many. The must have "elites" as you put them, in oil, politics, senators, and any other type of high powered position you can think about. The fact of the matter is, that the Illuminati is not what is trying to take over the world. It is the world leaders taking over eachother, but doing it together to gain a mutual benefit.

11. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Well, yes, sorry, that's what I'm trying to say.

I guess I was unclear in my use of NWO. No, there is no UN black helicopter conspiracy. Yes there is a New World Order, but it's not hidden, it's right out there, because the people are lulled and distracted and kept ignorant by the media and education system. Also too many don't care enough to notice or do anything.

12. Darth_Drunk

Darth_Drunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    First of all, AmeriCa, not Amerika.

Anyway, if we are in control of the WTO, why are we putting in tarrifs which also hurt Japan and Germany?

Also, 6 billion people are in this big world of ours. Do you have any idea how hard it is to count them, let alone micromanage?

And if you put that many power hungry, rich, capable people in a room together, you won't get some kind of coalition. You are gonna get a very fragile partnership riddled with paranoia.

13. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm reopening this thing for debate so...UP!

14. Jedi_Master_Anakin

May 25, 2002
    So yeah. I read recently on the net that America is invading Iraq. So, does this tell anyone anything? For those of you who don't get it, I will make it simple.

What Natural resource does Iraq have a lot of?

Yes children that is correct. OIL!! If there is one thing that these "powers that be" need, its money. And what unatural resource comes along with oil? Money. So these powers that be are going to be able to fund themselves with money because of oil. Very odd huh?

15. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    You think the Illumanati has our Government?!

16. Jedi_Master_Anakin

May 25, 2002
    But of course. THey must be having people in just about every government. Thats just plain out there.

17. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    wow I must say I never expected this.

I never heared of this. But after I read Anakin's and SaberGiiett7 posts you convinced me.

It's kinda creepy...

18. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Are you guys nuts? The idea is beyond obsurdity! Political elites are not some part of a giant conspiracy to take over the world or somesuch nonsense. When was the last time that all political elites ever agreed on anything? Do you have ANY idea at ALL how many people work in the United States government ALONE? (I am not even going to count the leaders of all the other countries, many of whom have great intelegence services, and would love for something of this magnitiude to be true)

The President of the United States cannot even keep his war plans secret because of rivals in Congress and interns. How in teh HECK could a secret group control them ALL?

Oh, and about your comment on us wanting to go to Irag only for it's natural resources, don't be rediculous! Do you have any idea at all what Saddam has done? I suppose we took Afganistan for it's tremendous resources too? I guess the next thing we will do is take over Japan for it's manufacturing capablity. Too bad we already have military control.

Paranoia is one thing, stupidity is another.

19. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I saw that episode of the Simpsons!

20. Dusty

Dusty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    How silly of me. I always assumed that to discover a SECRET organization someone would have to leak. But it looks like all ya gotta do is type it into a search engine. Seems even SECRET organizations have websites. Wait. No. Nevermind.

21. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    Amerika. It's a Kafka reference.

22. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Religious and political institutions have been screwing us all for six thousand years since the beginning of the agricultural revolution. There's nothing secret about them. In fact, the less secret... the better.

No one ever suspects themselves of being abused by that which has been ingrained in their minds as just part of everyday life.

Even super-secret organizations such as Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (aka "Delta Force"), have had missions leaked to the public periodically. We know they were in the Persian Gulf behind enemy lines within 24 hours after Iraq's invasion... well before we officially executed air and ground combat missions. Of course my point is that now, we're well aware of this.

In addition, the whole Area 51 thing is garbage. The military wasn't covering up aliens... they used Project Blue Book as a cover to distract the American public from becoming aware of the truth behind the UFOs... that they weren't UFOs at all... they were top secret aircraft being tested out of Nellis AFB, Nevada, and the Tonopah Test Range just north of it. As long as the American public keeps believing in UFOs, they'll keep nosing around in all the wrong places... the Air Force figured... Anything to keep people from leaking information to the Soviets about our most top secret aircraft. Unfortunately, the fact that I'm telling you this based on some very public knowledge is evidence that there are very few things that remain absolute secrets for long.

Sure... The F-117A Nighthawk stealth fighter was first flown in the 1970s over Nellis, some 25 years before knowledge of its existence became public... but eventually the secret did leak.

23. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ever hear of the Illuminati or Trilateral Commission

Sure there are dozens secret organizations. what, did you think Bush get's to decide everything?? 8-} In fact he and his father belong to on of those organization's. So did Clinton. After his affair cam out that was the first place he went.

24. Jedi_Master_Anakin

May 25, 2002
    Well coolguy I must say this. Is it so impossible, that the world leaders are working together to gain a mutual benefit? I don't understand how you can be so ignorant.

And as for the supidity versus paranoia thing. I don't think that this is the place to personally attack someone because of what they know. Although I am not offended by what you said, it just makes me mad that you attack some one that you don't even know for semething that they know.

25. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Runway_Shadow is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.