main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PR Spin. What is Lucas Arts Smoking?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Over at the games page they posted a Lucas Arts press release claiming the new Indiana Jones game is recieving overwhelming critical acclaim. Which seems kind of funny considering that the reviews coming in so far are giving the game a luke warm response.

Press release

>>>LUCASARTS' INDIANA JONES( AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB( DEBUTS ON XBOX TO OVERWHELMING CRITICAL ACCLAIM
    Hailed for Realistic Cinematic Quality New Game Tops Editors' Choice Lists

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- February 26, 2003 -- Indiana Jones is back -- better than ever and on store shelves today. LucasArts Entertainment Company today announced the retail availability of the epic action-adventure game Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on the Xbox( video game system from Microsoft, which brings everyone's favorite archeologist to life as never before.

LucasArts' highly anticipated latest installment in the Indiana Jones series is already topping many editors' lists as the hot game of the season. Official Xbox Magazine selected Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb as its game of the month for March, awarding it a 9 out of 10 review, and its coveted "Editor's Choice Award." GameNow recommended Indy as a top title of the month in February, and it was cited as "Most Wanted in 2003" by GameSpy.com, and received high marks from Game Informer (8.5 out of 10).<<<

>>>"Reviewers have praised Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb and we're eager to introduce the game's unique brand of edge-of-the-seat adventure, rich storytelling and compelling gameplay to next generation console players," says Liz Allen, director of marketing at LucasArts.<<<

Now over at gamesranking.com. For those unfamiliar with gamesranking they take reviews from the net and magazines and tally them up. So far Indiana jones is pulling in a 75.4% with 17 reviews. That dosen't sound like "overwhelming critical acclaim". Whats the deal with the press release, are they feeling insecure about their product? Will the issueing of this press release affect sales for Lucas Arts?

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    That is very funny actually. All the reviews I read weren't too positive, which was pretty disappointing. I was waiting for this game for a while.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If LEC put out a press release saying "LUCASARTS' INDIANA JONES AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB DEBUTS ON XBOX TO OVERWHELMING INDIFFERENCE AND MIXED REVIEWS" then I would wonder what they were smoking.

Right now, it's just 'business as usual'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.