main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Practice Makes Perfect {For The Anahiri Challenge} A/T & J/J - Humour/Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Title: Practice Makes Perfect.
    Author: Jedi-Ant
    Timeframe: Late NJO Era (AU)
    Genre: Vignette / Humour
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri, Jaina, Jag
    Summary: After a little accident in the training arena, Anakin and Tahiri run into some rather "unsavoury" activity in the storage room...
    Notes: For the Anahiri Challenge. Oh, and just a little tid-bit...Anakin is about 19 in this 'fic, and Tahiri 17.

This is an entry for the A/T Challenge. The requirements were:

The challenge? To include this item in an original story or poem:

not for the eyes of younglings

You don?t need to include the phrase verbatim, but the idea must be made obvious in some way. One extra pointer ? keep it within the terms of service, i.e. appropriate.

The judges are:

Whitey, YodaKenobi and TahiriSoloFan

The rules are:

Well, not much. Just a few, shall we say, guidelines.

1) There is NO word limit. We're looking for quality, not quantity.
    2) They must be one-post entries.
    3) The above item must be central to the story. No passing mentions.
    4) It can be any genre you want it to be: humor, romance, action, you name it. Obviously, you will find some challenges easier to incorporate into particular genres.
    5) Anakin and Tahiri must be actively involved in your story, though that's a given.
    6) You will have two months to complete your story. All entries must be posted in the Beyond the Saga Forum by Midnight Board Time on May 31st. The topic must clearly indicate that you are an A/T challenge contestant.
    7) All entries must also be PMed to each judge:
    Whitey
    YodaKenobi
    TahiriSoloFan

[b]Practice Makes Perfect. [/b]

Tahiri Veila ate mat hard. So hard, in fact, that the friction between the synthetic fabric and her skin caused an enormous burn down the length of her arm.

She attempted to get up, but on thinking again, decided on staying in that position, as her sparring partner came rushing over to her side, mumbling apologies.

?I?m so sorry, Tahiri,? he was saying, as he gingerly lifted her up and sat her on the edge of the blue mat. ?I thought you were going to block that last attack, and then when my leg connected with your knees??

He traced lightly over her searing flesh with his fingertips, and winced in sympathy, as even this small amount pressure drew a sharp intake of breath from her.

She watched in wonderment as he slid over the polished floor to the edge of the training ring, grabbed a handful of bacta gel tubes, and came to rest beside her again in one fluid movement.

Tahiri wriggled out of his grasp as he endeavoured to put a large blob of the cooling gel on her friction burn, and laughed at the scandalized expression that flashed across his handsome face.

?It?s fine, Anakin, there?s nothing to worry about,? she assured him with a small giggle. ?Really, it?s ok. It?s just a superficial burn?it looks a lot worse than it actually is.?

She rotated her arm from the elbow as proof that she was really ok, but could tell by his frowning brow that Anakin didn?t buy it for one minute.

Tahiri tried a different tactic, standing up and jumping around, and letting her injured arm slap her side. After the third jump, Anakin had grabbed her by the waist, and pulled her down rather forcefully, so that she was again by his side on the edge of the mat.

?Anakin, I really?? she began to protest, but was silenced as his hand covered her mouth. He then opened a tube of bacta gel, and with his free hand, began to liberally apply the salve to her arm.

When he was done, Tahiri watched as he sat back and admired his work, completely oblivious to the scowl that had crept on her face. She sat there in silence, her arms folded across her chest, and waited for him to notice.

If he was aware of this, he didn?t show it, and proceeded to carry the tubes back over to their place on the edge of the arena. His ignorance, deliberate or n

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was so cute!! I love it!!!

3. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Oh that ROCKS! [face_laugh]
    Ant your gooooood. :D

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    that was a great, fun read Jedi-Ant

great job!

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    After a little accident in the training arena, Anakin and Tahiri run into some rather "unsavoury" activity in the storage room...

o_O

For the Anahiri Challenge. Oh, and just a little tid-bit...Anakin is about 19 in this 'fic, and Tahiri 17.

Cool. I love "Anakin survived SBS" fics :p

Tahiri Veila ate mat hard. So hard, in fact, that the friction between the synthetic fabric and her skin caused an enormous burn down the length of her arm.

[face_laugh]

"Tahiri Veila ate mat hard" has to be one of the best opening lines I've ever read [face_laugh]

When he was done, Tahiri watched as he sat back and admired his work, completely oblivious to the scowl that had crept on her face. She sat there in silence, her arms folded across her chest, and waited for him to notice.
    If he was aware of this, he didn?t show it, and proceeded to carry the tubes back over to their place on the edge of the arena. His ignorance, deliberate or not, frustrated Tahiri immensely, and she continued to sit on the mat, positively breathing steam in her effort to control her growing anger.

It's not deliberate, he really is that oblivious to what's going on around him :p

?I?ll try not to hurt you this time,? he said, his tone serious and full of sincerity.
    ?Thank you,? she replied sweetly. Her voice took on a darker tone, and she leant even closer to the ground. ?But I?ll be trying to hurt you.?

Run, Anakin! :eek:

?I?m just trying to make this as real as possible for you,? she added in a syrupy voice. ?You know, play the role of the bad guy?or girl.?
    ?Well, you?re doing a pretty good job at it,? he said through clenched teeth.

[face_laugh]

?Why don?t we just flip the mat over and hide the rip?? she suggested proudly.
    Anakin grinned back at her. ?Do you think it will work??
    ?Of course it will work, dummy! They?ll never know the difference!?

[face_laugh]

It's almost too perfect!

Once it had settled on the floor, Anakin let out a stifled laugh. ?Good thinking, genius!? he choked through his chuckles. ?The only problem is that someone?s already beaten you to it!?
    Someone had, indeed. Right down the centre of the cerulean fabric was a big, gaping slit, almost twice the size of the one Tahiri had made moments ago.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Brilliant!

?Excuse me? Are you saying that you take no blame whatsoever for this accident??
    ?Pretty much, yeah. It wasn?t my fault you slipped and fell.? He stood up and walked over to the towel racks, clutching one in his hand and dabbing it on his sweaty forehead, before heading for the exit.

I think I'm going to run out of laughing faces on this one [face_laugh]

?You do realize that you can?t get in there without shoes?? He stole a purposeful glance at her bare feet.
    Tahiri let her lips form a little pout. ?Hence the reason why I?ve never been.?

[face_laugh] :_|

Anakin peered in through the tiny slits, and at first, couldn?t make out anything due to the darkness. After his eyes adjusted, however, he had to take a step back in shock at what he?d just seen.
    His sister, Jaina?and Jag!

Yikes :p That's got to be uncomfortable.

?It?s ok to admit that you were perving. I understand that you need some new pointers when it comes to?um?? She winked.

Wow [face_laugh] This just got a lot more embarrassing.

Anakin instinctively covered her eyes with both hands and gently steered her away from the wicked scene. She fought against his grasp and tried to protest through his hands, but he held them firm, and said in an admonished tone, ?Sorry, Tahiri, but that?s not for the eyes of younglings.?

Nice use of the challenge phrase =D=

?That is sick and wrong in so many ways!?
    He was so deep in thought this time that he jumped visibly at the statement, and was surprised to see Jaina?s head sticking out of the open locker door when he turned around. By the look on her face, she?d just read every thought he?d

6. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    NYCitygurl:

That was so cute!! I love it!!!

:D Thank you. And thanks for reading!

[b][hl=skyblue]CassaSoloDaughterOfA:[/hl] [/b]

[i]Oh that ROCKS!
    Ant your gooooood. [/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Hehe [face_tongue] Thank you! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it![/color] [face_grin]

[hr]
    [b]
    [hl=skyblue]Kidan:[/hl] [/b]

[i]that was a great, fun read Jedi-Ant

great job![/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Thank you. :) Glad you got some enjoyment out of it! [/color]

[hr]
    [b]
    [hl=skyblue]YodaKenobi:[/hl] [/b]

" [face_raised_brow] "

[face_tongue]

[i]Cool. I love "Anakin survived SBS" fics [/i]

[color=darkblue]Yeah, me too![/color] :)

[i]"Tahiri Veila ate mat hard" has to be one of the best opening lines I've ever read [/i]

[face_blush] [color=darkblue]Wow. Thank you. Actually, believe it or not, I had no idea how to open this 'fic at all. The only "plot bunny" I had for this was the line about the "younglings," and having Anakin place his hands over Tahiri's eyes after they find Jaina and Jag. That was it. The rest of the 'fic sort of just wrote itself, as I needed a "reason" for them to both be in the storage room to catch J/J out...and then came the duelling scene.[/color]

[i]It's not deliberate, he really is that oblivious to what's going on around him [/i]

[color=darkblue]Yeah, that's why he's a dummy[/color] [face_tongue]

[i]Run, Anakin![/i]

[color=darkblue]She wasn't going to hurt him so bad...just a little bit[/color] [face_wink]

[i]It's almost too perfect![/i]

[color=darkblue]You're right there! [/color]

[i]Brilliant![/i]

[face_tongue]

[i]I think I'm going to run out of laughing faces on this one [/i]

[color=darkblue]I'm glad. I tried to make it as light-hearted as possible...I needed to challenge myself to keep "angst" out of something for once[/color] [face_wink]

[i]Yikes That's got to be uncomfortable.[/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Yes, I thought so...[/color] [face_mischief]

[i]Wow This just got a lot more embarrassing.[/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Hehe...yeah. Poor Anakin[/color] [face_tongue]

[i]Nice use of the challenge phrase [/i]

[color=darkblue]Thanks. [face_grin] As I said, it was the only thing in this 'fic I had figured out. [/color]

[i]Busted [/i]

[color=darkblue]Yeah [face_laugh] He really should be more careful what he projects in the force.[/color]

[i]Anakin has gotten strange [/i]

[color=darkblue]Not so much...what would gross out his sister even more than what she'd just seen in his mind?[/color] [face_silly]

[i]Great fic, Ant Very funny, had me laughing all the way through it. [/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Thank you. And the fact that you actually laughed means that my job with this is done [face_tongue] I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! [/color]

[i]Was a very creative response to the challenge to. Having Anakin accidently catch Jag and Jaina was twisted but clever[/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Thanks again. :) I wanted to do something a little different than what most people would think of writing with that "quote" - ie. Anakin and Tahiri up to naughty things, and a group of younglings & a master catching them[/color] [face_wink]

[i]Thanks so much for participating in the A/T challenge You did a great job as usual[/i]

[color=darkblue]It was a really great challenge, and a heap of fun to do, so a big thank you to whoever thought of it ([b]Whitey[/b] and [b]Tahi[/b]??) And thank you for your kind words! [face_grin] [face_hugs]

Ant.[/color] [face_alien_2]

7. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Very cute.. it is a lovely thing when definite shades of "in like" are in the air, but siblings get to give each other a very bad time!

8. DarthGizka

DarthGizka Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    Ha ha!!!! LOVED IT!!! ^-^=D=
    It's been forever since I've read a Anikan/Tahiri story, I miss the two of them!!!
    The J/J was funny too. xD

9. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was great!

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Yes, that was great.
    Excellent!

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Noelie:

Very cute.. it is a lovely thing when definite shades of "in like" are in the air, but siblings get to give each other a very bad time!

:D Yes, they do! :p

Thanks for reading! [:D] I'm glad you enjoyed it!

[b][hl=skyblue]DarthGizka:[/hl] [/b]

[i]Ha ha!!!! LOVED IT!!! ^-^[/i]

[face_grin] [color=darkblue]YAY! Thanks so much! [/color]

[i]It's been forever since I've read a Anikan/Tahiri story, I miss the two of them!!!
    The J/J was funny too. xD[/i]

[color=darkblue]Yeah, I miss them, too :( But on a brighter note, I'm glad you liked the J/J [face_grin]

Thanks for taking the time to read![/color]

[hr]

[b][hl=skyblue]Alishu06:[/hl] [/b]

[i]that was great![/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Thank you! And thanks for reading this![/color] [face_hugs]

[hr]

[b][hl=skyblue]Courtney_Solo:[/hl] [/b]

[i]Yes, that was great.
    Excellent![/i]
    [color=darkblue]
    Wow! Thanks [face_blush]

So glad you liked it [/color]:)

[b][color=deeppink]Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this!!!! I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!

Ant.[/color][/b] [face_alien_2]

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Awww - loved it Ant. Ah those Solos! Always up to no good. Laughed at the "nice weather" comment. :D And good old Anakin getting the last word. :D

13. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    :D Thanks. I'm really glad you enjoyed this - it was a lot of fun to write! :)

:p Glad you liked the "nice weather" comment :) That was a line I'd had in note form before anything else...I thought it was funny for Jag to be commenting on the weather when they're in hyperspace :p

And yeah...Anakin's great! :cool:

Thanks for taking the time to read, Tahi! [:D]

Ant.
    ]-}

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cuteness!! :) :) I need a sequel ... the date, of course. With snogging after. :) :D :) You do A/T very well. It rips you know, Amber? Really rips about Anakin, especially now. He'd never become a Sith. :p :p

15. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Nice one! Keep up the A/T love! :)

*starts making [I DEMAND A MUSHY SEQUEL] sign* :p

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Jade_eyes:

Cuteness!! I need a sequel ... the date, of course. With snogging after.

Well, I don't know about a sequel involving the date, but your response to this vignette did inspire a sequel of sorts, so I hope you'll enjoy that one. :)

After all, the way I see the date in my mind, it would be too graphic to post on these boards, so you'll just have to use your imagination. ;)

You do A/T very well. It rips you know, Amber? Really rips about Anakin, especially now. He'd never become a Sith.

Thank you very much! :D

And you're right about Anakin. It's so awful what happened to him and Tahiri, and it blows even more because since his death, she's been practically forgotten as a character in profic. :(

Thank goodness for fanfiction! :D

EvieSolo:

Nice one! Keep up the A/T love!

Thank you! :) I plan to. I have an idea in mind to keep the 'ship alive, so keep an eye out for a thread I'll start in the next few days. ;)

*starts making [I DEMAND A MUSHY SEQUEL] sign*

:p

Well, you're in luck, because as I just said to Jade_eyes, she inspired a sequel, so it'll be up soon! :D

Thanks for reading, girls! [:D] :*

Ant. ]-}

EDIT: I've now got the sequel to this vignette up in my new Anahiri Vignette Thread!

Enjoy! :)

17. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Maybe you should put this part in the Vignette Thread, since it's the prequel?
    Just a thought.

18. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    :oops: Quite the opening line. :D

Is this Yuuzhan Vong Tahiri, though? [face_thinking] Maybe she enjoys it! [face_mischief]

Well, it's definitely a Tahiri who's capable of getting what she wants from Anakin. :p

This is fun. :D

Is that just pain? [face_mischief]

She likes what she sees, especially when he's performing for her? [face_mischief]

Girls! :p

Nor does she want him to? :p

That's so Tahiri! And so Anakin!

Behaving like a pair of kids! :p

:p he knows just what he can get away with? [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] Is that a real scowl, though? I like how you keep it ambiguous. It keeps Anakin - and the male reader - unsettled.

*assumes that the girls would just know* :p

But then again, maybe we don't make much to you either

I assume you mean "his aid". An "aide" is an assistant. When did Anakin make his sidekick make out with Tahiri?! o_O

And who was it? Uldir? Valin? Fiver?! :eek:

:p

*grins* So she does like the pain.

Is she enjoying this? [face_mischief]

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Following Thrawn around. :) I remember this. Always good to see A/T on page one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.