main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Practice Markup Codes!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jasman, Dec 19, 2001.

1. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    nope

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Time to test a few things because I can...

Test
    Test
    Test
    Test

Smiley testing...

o_O
    B)
    :B
    :mad:
    8U
    o_o
    -_-

Done now. Time to roll dice...

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If I'm posting a link, how do I change the website title into my own title?

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Replace the parentheses with brackets: (url=URL goes here)Title(/url)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    This is a cool code to know if you are posting potential spoiler material [\spoiler]

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    CENTER inside of BLOCKQUOTE:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    —Adapted from 1914 Loeb Classical Library Edition of the De Finibus, Book 1, sections 32–3​

And BLOCKQUOTE inside of CENTER:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

—Adapted from 1914 Loeb Classical Library Edition of the De Finibus, Book 1, sections 32–3
    (copied from "Lorem ipsum" on Wikipedia)​

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nested BLOCKQUOTEs:

Two:​

—Adapted from 1914 Loeb Classical Library Edition of the De Finibus, Book 1, sections 32–3​

Three:​

Five:​

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Playing with line breaks:​

10. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    Have any advice on mark up codes for Windows smart phones? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that or cut and paste with my phone. Maybe it's not an option...I don't know.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    DL44Jo, there's a way, but it means learning some code by heart. With the new board I'm not sure if the usual tricks work so I use "()" in the following. Just exchange it with [ ].
    Which code do you need? Here are some of the usual ones:
    (i)text(/i) for italic
    (b)text(/b) for bold
    (u)text(/u) for underline
    (link=URL)text(/link) for good linking
    Smilies:
    : and ) is :)
    ; and ) is ;)
    : and p is :p

Anything else needed?

12. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    How to cut and paste on my phone if it's possible - doesn't seem to be. Thanks!

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Which app do you use? It can be double tapping on the word or a long tap or a single one.

Btw the read-ability of threads improve if less quoting is used. ;) There's no need in quoting, if the post in question is on the same page as or close to the answering post. If you like to set an alert, it's pretty easy. Just put an '@' in front of the name. Like Skiara :)

14. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Thank you - that's very helpful! I thought I had to cut and paste to do that which I haven't figured out on my phone yet. Of course sometimes its still helpful for them and others to know exactly what post you're referring to, but there are many times I have wanted to use the @ option and just didn't know that's all I needed to do. :p Thank you!

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Glad to be of help. Next time, just ask. Someone might know the answer (or it's in the special feature thread in the header of WNU). ;) :)

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Skiara, you can use (plain)(/plain) or (code)(/code) tags to disable code interpretation for examples. E.g.:

Code:
    [plain][b][u][color=red]This is a test[/color][/u][/b][/plain]
    produces
    [b][u][color=red]This is a test[/color][/u][/b]

The example here uses "code", the output below it uses "plain".

Skiara likes this.
  17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ay! Very Cool! Learned something new! Thanks, jcgoble3!!

Testing:

code:

Code:
    [b]test[/b]
    plain:

[b]test[/b]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Skiara and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Skiara likes this.
  20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I have to add that links to the first page. Will do it when I'm at my big computer again.

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Is this how I do the spoiler thing?

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep, that's it!

cubman987 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How do I post a picture.

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  25. Jedi Kao Cen Darach

Jedi Kao Cen Darach Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2014
    This is bold text. BOLD

Jedi_SateleShan likes this.
  26. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014