main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Praetorian Guard Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jan 3, 2018.

1. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Ehhh...It is still VERY possible to deny that they were attracted to each other. Honestly I find it completely asinine that anyone would think Rey was attracted to Kylo. You'd have to have the absolute worst opinion of Rey to think that.

11-4D and Strongbow like this.
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Agreed and agreed.

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Padme wanted to run away with Anakin after he murdered children so..yeah...

4. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Padme is the single worst character in Star Wars history. I'd like to think Rey can do better.

But this is way off topic.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    11-4D, redxavier and dogprivilege like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That Guard who wrapped up the lightsaber in his space whip and started drawing them in with his interlocking his arms one drag at a time was boss as hell and he deserves a raise. Instead he got death but at least he went out doing something cool.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    episodenone and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    But why didn't Rey just turn off her lightsaber and then turn it back on again? It was an amateur move and would have resulted in an instant death against Mace Windu.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Cuz they were saving the "off/on switch" move for the final bit of the action sequence which is fantastic.

8. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Plot hole.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    eh, Rey didn't want to let the guards know she had that move coming up in her toolbox.

Ricardo Funes and zackm like this.
  10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    That's def in the running for the single worst comment on the forum.

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I love how Kylo just goes for it. His lightsaber movements have weight.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Official pic right? I heard they are releasing some now. I wonder how many people get this scene and that they are literally forming a Ying/Yang symbol? It's pretty cool but must have been awkward to pull off. Again the guards amaze me with those masks too. How did they manage to fight in those things? I hope we see a making of in the DVD.

14. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    In this case, Star Wars mirrors the real world. It wouldn't be the first time a good girl fell for a bad boy that ultimately ruins her. We've all seen it before. In Star Wars, he becomes Kylo Ren or a Sith Lord, but in the real world, he hides his weed in her glove compartment, loses his job, ruins her credit, plays X-Box all day, pawns her jewelry and knocks up her sister before skipping town to find another girl.

15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Well, IMO, in offering the first female Jedi hero in the feature films, they have to be very cautious to not to present her as falling for bad boy like some sterotype. That's just the worst message ever to send to legions of young girls and young women who have come to love and idolize Rey.

11-4D and Sarge like this.
  16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I actually thought the Guard were maybe the Knights of Ren, because they looked similar to the brief look in the rain we saw from Rey's vision in TFA.

But apparently not.

whostheBossk and Darth Dnej like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    has it been 100% confirmed they aren't the Knights of Ren? things can have 2 titles!

18. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think the KOR might show up in IX. I think they are probably the students from Luke who went with Kylo.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oddly, I would kinda love it if A) the Knights of Ren are the students Ben ran off with and B) the Praetorian Guards are also the Knights of Ren and were killed in that fight scene that we just saw.

Garth Maul likes this.
  20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they are the students i think and the pg aren't the kor. snoke himself calls kylo "master of the kor" if kylo is the master there is no fight.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, the lack of time jump between TFA & TLJ makes this a possibility for sure.

Kylo Ren & the Knights of Ren. Does it mean anything? Are they a type of Dark Side order? Dark Jedi rather than Sith? Or maybe we'll never know.

oncafar likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, we'll know, eventually, everything is crossed off in ancillary materiel but will the Knights of Ren be addressed in Episode IX is the question?

In fact, will Supreme Leader Ben have Praetorian Guards of his own in Episode IX? "Hey, you guys want a job? Me and a Jakku scavenger killed your predecessors but it's all good, no worries. We have dental!"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  23. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    In my all-too-common headcanon, the KOR hang out in Vader's Mustafar castle. I am kind of wondering how Kylo will deal with security when so many people will want to kill him. If he sets up base on Mustafar that means that Hux can just blow him up. So I guess he needs to be on a ship and then he needs guards. The KOR could act as that maybe. I really don't know how he will survive being Supreme Leader TBH.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  24. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Ha. I forgot about planetary shields. I don't really know how effective they all are. But the one in RO was really incredible.

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Great point. If there is a power vacuum without Snoke, Kylo might have to take a break from pursuing Rey and the new Rebellion as he stabilizes his command of the First Order. That could give the Rebels some much needed breathing room. The Knights of Ren could lead the fight against the Rebels while Kylo Ren deals with larger political issues.

whostheBossk and oncafar like this.