main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Medbay adventures and more (Star Trek five year mission)fifty sentence challenge set 12 and complete

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jun 8, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Medbay-adventures and more (Star Trek into darkness five year mission)

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Characters: McCoy, Scotty, Kirk, Uhura and OC’s
    Genre: fifty sentence challenge june
    Disclaimer: The usual.

Pranks for Nurse Djarada.

Jim Kirk was about to greet the new addition to his medical staff when the man – large and with friendly but quite dark brown eyes and long – not Starfleet regular – black hair bound in a ponytail hurried away.

“Let’s see how you tackle this Nurse Djarada,” McCoy drawled with his southern accent.

“I had to indulge in more whimsical whims from Starfleet Medical Central,” Nurse Ker Djarada grinned when he saw what was to be his patient and what had caused him to run away from the captain.

“And now you are about to meet the miracle worker,” McCoy grinned when the ‘patient’ sat up and swung his legs over the side of the hoverstretcher.

“After this monotonous stop over at Starbase one with the engines purring like kittens and giving no trouble at all and,” Scotty began but stopped immediately when the PA-system came on-line.

“As requested by a new order from HQ we are leaving orbit immediately.”

“That’s mister ever so logical Spock,” McCoy grinned and continued – when ‘patient Scotty’ began to sit – in a whispering voice “don’t listen to him when he invites you for a scotch.”

“Nurse Djarada will like my company,” Scotty halted his sitting up.

Foremost I like to know what scotch is,” Nurse Djarada enquired.

“Scotch is famous for predation of the brain-cells,” a man with blue and black skin showing some bioluminescence came in.

“And ideal for knocking you out cold because I see on your personal file that you are an a’ar’ian,” McCoy helped the now bewildered looking young nurse.

“I see that McCoy, nurse Jullio and engineer Scott are trying to frolic around with you Ker,” a stately man – even younger and clearly of the same species as nurse Djarada – came in.

“It began to gravitate towards outright silly,” Ker Djarada began to smile. “In particular when I asked about scotch.”

“Now you are going to hallucinate young nurse,” Scotty reached for the item that he had been hiding behind his back. “I propose a toast to the new additions to your medical department.”

- - -

“Scotty is funny,” Nurse Djarada had seen him leaving after the toast – with only McCoy and nurse Jullio participating when he saw a woman - slender built – coming in the main room of the medbay.

“If you compare him with Spock he sure is,” McCoy grinned. “I have never seen a greater contrast in the heads of the departments or it must be comparing him to Chief Ahart.”

“I am Ker Djarada,” Ker extended his hand to the scrumptious looking female human and bowed his head.

“Don’t be so filial with me,” the woman grumped and continued in her native language with words that nurse Djarada certainly didn’t understood but had him getting frightened.

“Chief Aharts belief requires her to refrain from touching you,” McCoy soothed when he saw his nurse shying away.

“She works with great precision in the ICT department,” nurse Jullio added.

“She has to keep even the succulent growths in the botanical gardens happy,” McCoy winked with his left eye.

“And has begun to peculate the prickly cactus as her most liked plant,” Jeran Baldavin patted his friend on his shoulder.

Still I don’t see why she said that about filial to me,” Ker Djarada shrugged with his shoulders. “We are a multi-species crew and not required to manifest our beliefs that open.”

Don’t be very hard on her,” McCoy was remembering her difficult Recovery contracting the Denebian flu. “The Aramaic she uses as her native language sounds very harsh. And serendipity had you meeting her with her coming in for a pill.”

Nurse Jullio had walked to one of the cabinets of the Front office and gave the grumping woman the required medicine.

- - -

“Leonard the next time I capture you with some scotch on your desk I will know who has begun to play a prank,” captain Kirk came in after seeing his chief ICT leaving.

He needed me as his sidekick,” McCoy began to smile. “A doctor and an engineer together are known since antiquity for creating mischief and mayhem.”

I didn’t participate in the toast but the looks on their faces were Fantastic,” Ker Djarada grinned.

“And you know now; don’t flit with Chief Ahart,” McCoy laughed.

The picture is clear to me,” Ker saw a gorgeous looking woman coming in.

A difficult question for you captain from Commander Spock,” Nyota Uhura halted before her captain. She continued It will be more practical to come to him” and left with the captain hurrying after her wondering what the difficult question was implying.

- - -

“Now some real work on the extremities of patient Edwards,” McCoy headed to the patient ward with Ker Djarada, Marc Jullio and Jeran Baldavin.

“Don’t flirt with her,” Jeran mused. “She can be released tomorrow after suffering from a fracture of her hipbone and is a grumpy copy of Chief Ahart.”

“We kept her in a comatose state for two days before waking her up,” a man added and introduced himself as Lionel Majeski. “She is known as miss Solitaire.

“And infamous for her audacious behaviour,” McCoy grumped.

A Click was heard and the door to the patient ward opened.

“Don’t we have to berate how to approach miss Solitaire,” Jeran Baldavin suggested.

“We will see when we stand before her bed,” Lionel Majeski had a twinkle in his eyes. “From the moment I had her out of the sedation she called this bed her Sanctuary.

Don’t let us nurture that sanctuary and have her out of the medward as soon as possible,” McCoy took the stats from the bed and had an idea to get her out of ‘his’ medward.

Nightvision91 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great fun in the medward. :D =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Had more fun and the next set of fifty sentences will have Uhura and Spock in it with some plotbunnies too for our story.

McCoy began to furl up the medical gown left behind by patient Edwards when he heard the laughter of Christine Chapel who was with his new nurse. He hurried to the two and said “I did elect nurse Djarada.”

“Must be his forebear that’s making me laugh,” Christine winked towards a smiling Ker Djarada. “I cannot fathom his age at all. The radiance of his eyes had me guessing only twenty something or so and that had him replying that I caught the hook, line and sinker.”

McCoy – in for some more fun with his chief nurse – remarked “nurse Djarada did delay the inevitable of aging. Mockery with death is his goal. Hypocrisy is his mark when you look at his outlooks.”

“He is now on site,” Christine Chapel had a devious smile on her face when she grabbed a pair of scissors after the endless fishing around to know nurse Djarada’s age. “His quota of hair will have to go” and she came to the nurse, sitting on a chair.

[​IMG]

“I like the new design,” Ker Djarada viewed his new looks in a mirror. “To whom do we designate my pony-tail?”

“What?” Christine asked with a voice sounding quite exasperate.

Dial nine one one or E-bay,” McCoy – in for more fun – grinned. “They have a great ability to get a new owner for the pony-tail.”

“Not liable with us on a five year mission to explore strange new worlds and civilisations,” Christine began when Nyota Uhura came in with an Asian colleague.

“Get them in separate rooms,” Ker Djarada grumbled when he recognised the symptoms of the flu immediately.

“You saved the day,” McCoy nodded with approval after his examination of the two flu patients.

“Ker is used to stir up problems,” Jeran Baldavin grinned.

[​IMG]

“As in pound for pound?” McCoy quipped. “I did notice his abilities when the two of you applied for a job at Starfleet.”

“We have a considerate history of dealing with problems during our eighty years of working together at the Eb’an’daan university where I have been chief nurse for the last one hundred and fifty years.”

“Eighty years and one hundred and fifty years,” Christine looked to the three males and didn’t finish her keystroke because she couldn’t comprehend that at all.

- - -

With his sensitive fingers nurse Djarada located the vein in the beautiful and strong hand of his patient immediately.

“You need this IV to get relief from the dehydration,” McCoy added the line and set the drip.

“And when can I receive visitors,” Nyota was of course with her mind on her ashal’veh.

Arguably that atomic clock is better than my humble presence,” McCoy grinned. “But I have taken the Hippocratic Oath.”

“Leonard we have a bone problem,” Christine hurried in.

McCoy followed her and saw the problem immediately when he examined the Asian who had a twitching nerve in his leg causing the muscles to spasm and give pains to the bones.
    A vessel in the Asian’s arm became the access for an IV.

“And this is just a precaution,” McCoy guided an oxygen mask on the face of the Asian.

- - -

“Now we can continue with proceeding his file,” Christine reached for the datapad containing the credentials of nurse Djarada. Her chin in the cusp of her hand she began to look at the screen and uttered a soft ‘wow’ when she saw his real age.

“We as A’ar’ians have a general pattern to follow after reaching adulthood at twenty years of age,” Ker Djarada grinned. “Our directive is to follow what your intuition is telling you and for me it was becoming a nurse and I love the work.”

Christine eyed his youthful silhouette. With a clap she closed the file and reached for the file of Jeran Baldavin.

Jeran saw Christine beginning to stare at his file and grinned.

“With your vast knowledge and long career you can become the leader of my long running project,” McCoy said after reading surgeon Baldavin’s file.

“I have been following your project,” Jeran nodded. “Is there a sanction if I don’t finish the project in the next five years?”

“No, not at all and you can dive into the case all the free minutes if you like,” McCoy had a big smile on his face. “The file is coded ‘castle’ and on the terminal in the lab.”

- - -

“I don’t deserve this,” Nyota Uhura had – arms around the bulky form of Spock clad in an isolation-suit – cried a little when she saw her ashal’veh coming in.
    Spock had – after a dismissal first when a nurse came after him waving with an isolation gown – donned the cumbersome clothes.
    “I know,” Nyota murmured and continued “we have to contain the flu and that’s why I cannot kiss.”

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Enjoyed Chris's flabbergasted reaction to their true ages ;) Hmmm. That icky flu cuts off all kinds of fun happenings. :rolleyes:

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And you will see where this is leading to (borrowing with love and fun)

Part 3 (May)

In the past Nyota Uhura never would have thought that she would fall in love with a Vulcan but now with her raging Denebian fever she knew that she could never be separated again. She found it difficult to adjust to the fact that her ashal’veh was dressed in an isolation-suit. But she suspected that he had difficulties too when she saw the faint quiver in his elegant eyebrow.

McCoy was the one to announce that Uhura was coping with the Denebian fever in a mild way but had infected lieutenant Sulu now in a room in the medbay as well. Something in the natural selection was responsible for the mild run of the fever. He was before Sulu’s bed and said “now you will feel a bit feverish…”

“But later that will be gone,” Sulu grinned when he looked towards Uhura held in Spock’s arms with the isolation suit interfering only a bit.

The latter ‘felt’ Sulu’s gaze of course, stirred and had Uhura looking that way too.

“Are you the herald of things to come,” Uhura grinned.

- - -

“Lieutenant Sulu was the herald of your release from the medbay,” Spock began to unfurl from Uhura’s loving arms. But he stopped when he felt the string of attachment coming from his beloved.
    With a mock stern look on her face Uhura began to tickle him.

- - -

One hurdle to become the new member of the medical team of the Enterprise was behind Ker Djarada. His immediate superior – chief surgeon Jeran Baldavin – had ordered him to gather blood-samples from the crew. Some crewmembers proved quite a challenge queasy about needles or blood. But Ker was grinning when he began to peel his blue butyl-rubber glove first from his left hand, the one that had held a certain arm stable. Scotty – the engineer who had offered him the scotch whiskey – had dropped like a pound of flour on the floor.

Now the pranking rivalry could start official and Ker knew more ideas to make Scotty’s life interesting. A haunted medbay was one of the ideas. Appearing in a black medical gown covered with bloody spots had even McCoy perplexed before it had the engineer vowing to retaliate with another prank. A covet operation – help from Jeran and McCoy on the medical side and help from the entire engineering department for Scotty – followed.

Scotty was the first to give up and offer a cease of pranking action even more when he saw Spock – not wanting to take part in the action to help him – headed to the cabin of his beloved.

- - -

Uhura heard the chime but knew. Her ashal’veh was very welcome in the privacy of her cabin. Immediate entry was granted of course, followed by loving kisses. And he had brought his Vulcan harp that enticed her in a song and managed to keep her thoughts far away from the sick ensign Janesen in the medbay.

- - -

Jeran Baldavin was busy with applying a new drain in the wound of ensign Janesen. He had seen the slight trail of blood in the waste-bag. Blood in the waste could be a sign of malice. But to gallop – as Christine Chapel was fond to remark – to the chief medical officer was not necessary. ‘Hold your reins’ was another of her sayings.
    Jeran tried to ignore his gut feelings. He began to examine the fluid.

- - -

A jovial nuzzle by Spock on Uhura’s pulse point ended the song. The gallivant male had more ideas to satisfy his beloved.

Uhura felt a soft push against her back and turned her head. A beautiful holographic floral display was there for her to enjoy.

- - -

To curtail more tests Jeran contacted the first officer, knowing that he could search the database more rapidly and he had a small smile on his face when he heard first the musical voice of Uhura before Spock answered.

Spock revealed – after only a short search – that ensign Janesen had ancestors suffering from the same reduction of lymfocytes and could point the medical officer to a direction to cure the ensign.

- - -

All was done in Nyota Uhura’s cabin and – after the break through – she had supplied her beloved with a drink he called a fizzle sizzle because it made him sneeze. After that drink the only thing Uhura had to do was pull Spock on her bed. The large square blanket – a gift from her friend Yolette – was enough to cover them both.

Spock was of course immune to her tickling. Childish behaviour from Nyota indicated for him the utmost charm. And he had his lips not far from her mouth when she began to slumber.

- - -

Nurse Ker Djarada pulled his dirty greens over his head after helping Jeran with patient Janesen. He was glad that the downward curve was going upwards, indicating a victory over the disease.

McCoy had been very apt in saying that the man with the chisel was kept out of the medbay with help from a green devil.

Return to duty was expected in a month. Ensign Janesen would be present when his team was scheduled for R and R.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved! that! You knew, knew I would. [face_dancing] [:D] !!!!!!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I knew and there is more in the January set of fifty sentences (some is about the troublesome admiral at Starfleet Medical central)

Part 4 (january)

Nurse Ker Djarada grinned when he saw the big wall display. Among those scheduled for R and R by the captain on the bridge was Ensign Janesen. What made him smile even more was that the architect of the cure was now enjoying some free time with his beloved Uhura. How things could have ended different if Spock and his analytical abilities had not been there.

Alike Ker was his friend Jeran Baldavin. But he had to catch up on an old story that McCoy wanted to hear.
    “I had saved Rinin Morales,” Jeran began his tale. “And guess what with Sith lord Silvo Panusconi telling me what I had to do and not, I really got pissed. There must have been a hidden agenda for him. I agree that his claim that I was the best for saving the kid was true. But for his other motives I drew a blank. Empty threats followed when I told him that I was going with you to the Enterprise. And I was glad that I could slip away with Ker when the party to celebrate Rinin’s recovery was in full swing.”

“We were far away and safe on the Enterprise when Panusconi discovered that we were gone,” Ker quipped. “And I hope we will stay beyond his horizon. Here on the Enterprise we can heal patients needing our care.”

- - -

A steady stream of water was pouring in the bathtub where Uhura had lighted candles on the edges to provide romantic scenery. She slipped with the aid of her ashal’veh in the tub. Her kinship with Spock was official. She knew that her love would never falter. She loved him with her heart. She loved him with her soul. She knew that it was for him the truth.

Spock had always been for her and hope was never gone when he saw T’Pring. Faith had him going as soon as possible back to Uhura. The depth of her love was astonishing. She was lovely sitting there in the bathtub with the soft candlelight enhancing her features. Nothing could distract him. His bearing was true when he slipped in the bath beside her.

- - -

“Some patients are more troublesome than the others,” McCoy grinned when he pointed to the wall display where he was showing Ker and Jeran stats of patients. “I had to weave quite a tale to get that stubborn captain here on a medbed. After a fray he came to the bridge. I as his friend was ignored. The man is like a naughty kid brother always in for some trouble. But you cannot have a better comrade.”

- - -

“As a spouse T’Pring was not suited for me,” Spock murmured. “With her I never would have wanted a child. She was ever the logical Vulcan. She could never give me the feeling that I – a half Vulcan – was wanted by her. Scorn was on her face. Betrayal with a full blooded Vulcan was her goal. She had the potency to become a great scientist.”

“But she will never reach that limit,” Uhura soothed. “She is a ship without an anchor. She will never reach a safe harbor. She is like Harrison adrift forever. I once received only formal greetings from her when I was on duty on the bridge. No goodbye followed.”

“I have now only fleeting memories of T’Pring,” Spock caressed her breasts. “You are my eternal ashal’veh.”

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Holy cow! I loved!!!!! that!!! You just gave me a big, fat, amazing discoveries bunny! Huggles!!!!! I will take it right down to the beautiful candles. [:D] [:D]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And what will this bring?

Part 5 (february)

“I am glad that I could take you to the Enterprise before the captain announced that we will be on a five year journey to discover new planets and new civilisations,” McCoy drawled in his Southern accent when he saw nurse Djarada coming in with surgeon Baldavin after the two had had breakfast. “I will be your guide in our quite sophisticated medbay.”

“And I couldn’t have asked for a better guardian than you and you,” Ker Djarada saw his friend Jeran Baldavin giving a mischievous smile. “Your endeavor to save us from Sith lord Panusconi will be one of the legends told to our children. We had to leave the hospitality offered by Admiral Morales but it was necessary.”

- - -

Breakfast in bed,” Uhura put her soft covers up to her nose when she saw Spock returning with a covered tray.

“At this time it is more a lunch,” Spock unveiled the tray. “And it differs in only one item to have it called dinner.”

“Love,” Uhura laughed with teasing in her musical voice. “You with me in bed is all I need for a snack. Tea will be nice.”

“But the wine from a special French winery will be the one to share,” Spock poured from a bottle the ruby-red wine in two glasses.

Toasting and with arms entwined Spock and Uhura savoured the sweet memory that this particular wine was giving. And soft and caressing lips gave comfort.

- - -

Owning a master degree in transplant surgery I had to contact Starfleet,” Jeran Baldavin mused. “But that rampant admiral Panusconi was there to greet us before you arrived.”

“I was at my former home getting my belongings,” McCoy shrugged with his shoulder. “I knew you were coming from afar taking a three month journey to get to earth and I didn’t realise that those three months had passed.”

“But once you knew what Panusconi was planning you set up a plan to get us here,” Ker grinned. “You brought us in contact with Admiral Morales and we could save his son doing some double duty.”

“And avoiding triple duty by telling Panusconi that we were tired,” Jeran winked with his left eye because as A’ar’ians they could do a duty lasting up to forty hours. “I wonder if he really knew that you were deceiving him. I saw the order that brought the Enterprise shuttle to the party. Eventual that order would come to his attention.”

- - -

Uhura cherished Spock’s almost limitless capacity to give her love and she gave him all he needed. Her talent was equal to his. With a soft nudge against his mind or a whispered ‘beloved’ she could gain his attention. The soft volume of her voice was enough. The racket she had heard from T’Pring must have been horrible to her ashal’veh’s ears. During her time doing duty a swift brush against her cheek was enough to satisfy her.

Spock cherished Uhura because she wasn’t the untouchable cold full blooded Vulcan like T’Pring. That woman – even when she was a young child – would sneak up to him and scold him for being a half breed. He would storm away to his human mother Amanda. She was his line to being human and loved. His father had been the one to suggest the cross between human and vulcan. He wanted to prove the point that the offspring was the best of both worlds. The turmoil it gave to the Vulcan elders was unparalleled. But Sarek – like Spock now on the Enterprise sharing a breakfast or lunch or whatever in bed with Uhura – knew that the strength came from his human wife.

“We have to practice this more,” Uhura laughed when wine dribbled on Spock’s chest when she tried to guide the glass to his lips.

“I will acquire the skill,” Spock began to tip the glass.

Trying to guide it aside Uhura inhaled the fragrant scent of wine mixed with Vulcan sweat. And her defense melted when the last drop of the wine met her lips. She saw the shimmer of laughter in his eyes. Any other could have sworn that a Vulcan never laughed. But she knew the secret and remembered what had led to becoming lovers and partners. The tale of the logical and stoic Vulcans came from the Vulcan elder. Anyone willing to see the true self of the Vulcan could experience more. Simply follow your heart. Be in pursuit of happiness for both. Yearn for his company. And let you be his entry in humanity.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    To quote Scotty: I'm purring like a kitten. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] You got them down pat. [face_love] !!! I've gooified, so typing while sloshy is quite an achievement. [:D] [:D] !!!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More of this and giving more insight in the devious ideas of Panusconi and why Ker and Jeran are so reluctant to return.

Part 6 (march)

“I have a feeling that the moron will meet us again,” Ker Djarada mused. “He was quite adamant in his wishes to let us become a part of his team developing enhanced cyborg-human crosses.”

“But he didn’t know that we were aware of his plans and did interpret our race as just being one of human colonists with us happy to return after all those years back to earth,” Jeran began to laugh. “Panusconi said this; ‘Your tether with earth guided you and that message from McCoy was just very convenient’ and was guiding us to his office when Admiral Morales came running towards the emergency room with his crying son.”

“And as the majority of medics do everywhere and everytime when meeting that kind of emergency I took action and had you spurting after me,” Ker grinned. “We put the need of that kid before the self esteem of Panusconi. But he stayed quite near us.”

“He began even to scold us when we ignored him. Words – littered with scorch and doom – were his way to get attention. But I had foreseen his devious plans and had informed you.”

“Yes, prior to our meeting you told me to act as a common earth human,” Ker saw McCoy beginning to smile. “Later when we were on the Enterprise we could reveal our real race.”

“I was the first to meet the captain and went to wait for you in medbay but was the latter to come in when Scotty and McCoy were playing that prank on you.”

“His majesty chief engineer Scott came with the idea,” McCoy laughed. “He likes to disturb the harmony in my territory. I have been in enough arguments with him when he begins to give a different spin to the argument. And that will have me going into medical terms with great detail and even a picture. I have even seen him developing a sweat.

- - -

“That was sweet,” Uhura nibbled the last piece of Sweet-bread from Spock’s hand.

“It came from Amanda’s heritage,” Spock savoured the looks Uhura gave him and remembered something from his youth. It was a visit to the dentist who called the sweet-bread a curse for teeth when he had young Spock squirming in his chair. And after that visit came the affair that had him stranded in the desert on his kahs-wan – a test every Vulcan child had to do to be deemed fit to marry a Vulcan – with another child and saving both. With that child he had waited for five days until a search warrant was issued by the teachers.

“Memories,” Uhura teased lovingly and began to explore his chest.

Spock was about to explain how he had passed the test of maturity when he heard the urgent tones of a communicator.

Uhura had to resist her urge to stay in bed for a longer time when she felt that her ashal-veh was needed. Her attention was immediately drawn to the message. She heard the officer of the second shift giving his account and Spock’s reply. And her smile became great when Spock assured the officer that the circular ring around the planet was of natural origin and nothing to be worried about.

- - -

“But it is your allowance that’s giving Scotty ideas to get into arguments,” Christine came in. “Give him a finger…”

“And he will take the entire hand,” McCoy laughed. “To have Scotty here on the Enterprise is a blessing for all of us. His resolve to have the Enterprise running at one hundred and ten percent of her capacities has saved us more than once. And he remains the moderate Scott when he is telling the captain that he will try to coax even more power from his beloved engines.”

“He is like that vendor we have met on the transport that took us to Earth,” Jeran grinned. He began to tell more about the journey and the new phase in his life serving now on the Enterprise.

- - -

Spock had waited for the end of the record of the communications officer. And seeing Uhura getting her uniform he hurried towards her and began to cherish her with a kiss. The consolation of her was what had helped him through the difficult times. He liked to linger in her presence for as long as possible. That her current resolve was to get dressed and get to the bridge had him picking up his uniform as well. In bygone days the call to duty would have had him dressing in a hurry. Nowadays he did this with ease, letting Uhura help him with teasing moves. Together was what counted for him. Even on duty and on the bridge they were never far apart and the teasing would continue after the shift. In a bath seeking solitude? Or in bed sharing the infinity of thoughts and dreams? He would be with her forever.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yumsy. I have an idea but I'll send it in a PM. ;) :cool: Oh, sweet loverly scenes. I love Spock lingering over delectable Nyota, savoring her emotional and physical aspects. [face_love] !!!!!!!!!!!!

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like your style! IT's great that you can weave together whole scenes from these sentences. Fab job! Can't wait to see more :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More are coming in this set and in a colab I am preparing with Nyota's Heart

Part 7 (July)

“What you did in the maze was fantastic,” Ker said with a friendly smile on his face.

“I did,” Jeran quipped and continued “your twist and twine had McLintlock baffled. And it was at McCoy’s request that he ordered us to go exercising in that maze.”

“Be glad we had no fracture to treat when Uhura slipped.”

“Ah but her selection of a cushion to land was exquisite,” Jeran winked with his left eye. “She sunk in Spock’s embrace. She had him twist and carry her to safety. And he avoided a jagged piece of metal with ease. Both are ambulant after the work-out.”

“And eager waiting for the promised dessert Flambé by our ever resourceful drill sergeant.”

“I hope he will bake meringues for me,” Jeran grinned. “They gleam with their soft colours and flavours.”

“Who were the ones to frolic around McLintlock’s maze?”

Christine had to swallow the last bit of tea before bursting out in laughter when heard McCoy's grumble and saw Djarada and Baldavin enter. The flamboyant doctor Baldavin – nicknamed Wes Janson after a famous character from Star Wars – and his sidekick nurse Djarada – sporting Hobbie Klivian as his nickname – were famous for their pranks.

“We were and take this doctor,” Jeran placed a slightly soggy spinach-pie in his hand.

“A pie looking like a plant and a sorry one at that,” McCoy grinned when he felt the pie dripping green tentacles of spinach down his hand. “With the two of you around I can never shed the mantle of responsibility. This must be one of your eccentric jokes I presume?”

“To see your face was worth the maze navigating and getting McLintlock to make a veggie pie for us and a dessert Flambé for lieutenant Uhura.”

I have to laud your eagerness to participate in his work-outs.” McCoy had his shield of responsible senior medical officer in place.

Nurse Jana John was treating a large bloody blister on the thigh of Ensign Thomas. He had told her that he had been repairing the canopy of a shuttle when the kriffing thing collided with his thigh. And with all his swearing he wasn’t referring to Captain Ahab and his harpoon, nor to Captain Kirk but to a certain red haired Mara Jade because she used those words swearing at her Captain Talon Karde in fanfics that he adored.

“Oh and that was nothing compared to the swearing haze she used when she was dealing with the Yuuzhan Vong,” Jana grinned when she said “and I use some bacta-salve and you are alright.”

“You two are living in the GFFA time frame?” Marc Jullio came in and touched his colleague feather light on her shoulder.

“We are and the melody of the ‘duel of the fates’ is among our favorites,” Ensign Thomas said. Without having a circumference to use in his questions he knew that Nurse Jullio was also a Star Wars lover.

Chief Irene Ahart was grumbling in her native language when she spotted a hole in one of the computer-cabinets. She suspected a fraud company had been contracted to install the cabinet. Her elegant hand hovered over the hole. For a moment she considered to contact the Exec on the bridge. But that passed when she knew that she could validate the search for the company herself.

‘Rust on the latch of the canopy proved to be the culprit. Ascending through a blaze of acid rain on the planet had begun the mayhem. And a pebble lodging between the mechanisms of the latch had sped up things considerably. No one in the engineering department had possessed the knowledge about the last mission of the shuttle.’ McCoy was reading the report from Nurse John and Ensign Thomas about the lack of affinity to anything technical of the xeno-linguist Ine Setima leading the mission and directing the shuttle through the bad weather. The mission could have gone very sour if the canopy had failed in space. And he continued to read the comments of engineer Scott stating that he should have been building the wee barn-doors himself. It was a less galant way to describe a canopy but brought a smile on McCoy’s face.

“Remember what the Jedi used to tell their apprentice and don’t let hate smolder in your thoughts,” Jana wrapped a bandage around the thigh. “Circumstances couldn’t change the fact that Ine Setima was a nitwit.”

“I can live with that,” Ensign Thomas grumbled. “I am glad that the canopy didn’t pierce an artery.”

“The main branch of your nerve wasn’t damaged either,” McCoy came in. “Don’t languish. You need some time to recover but embrace the fact that your thigh will heal fully.”

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun banter and getting to know the likes and personalities of other medical staff :cool: Jana and Marc will be fun! to write up. :) Anytime someone is reminded of Mara Jade for any reason is a great thing. [face_love]

16. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    The banter is amazing. You have a way of hooking your reader into a story. Well done!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you. More is here to inspire

Part 8 (August)

The mayhem came from afar in the form of an old neglected space-probe returning to Pendarvis four. The probe was about to ignite the atmosphere when Spock – the acting captain during this shift – ordered fire. Heavy phaser fire made short work of the probe. Uhura of course loved his candor when he gave his praise to the phaser-crew. A collision could be avoided and led to an invitation to visit Pendarvis four.

Lionel Majeski was leading the medevac team and like them wearing a green isolation-suit when he waited for the shuttle to return. He wasn’t sure if he had to endure a short grab and transport rescue when the shuttle appeared. Spock had – to McCoy’s and his annoyance – equated the odds at one to three point two seven nine eight zero.

A gratifying smile appeared on Jana John’s face. She was able to synchronize the instrument she was holding in her hand. Her quick move had been – among Lieutenant Uhura’s scheming – essential to save the shuttle crew. The crew had met Lavori – a pandering politician – and had barely escaped imprisonment.

Uhura – fluent in many languages – had been baffled by the Pendarvis four politician. She was telling her ashal-veh about her sacrifice and had him smiling. Mention of how the politician appeared after she had doffed her uniform was met with approval.
    “Lavori has to clean up his mess. We won’t bother him anymore. His rival is a potent ally. After we were taken into custody he was the one to initiate our escape. An obligatory greeting and we were headed to our shuttle.”
    “Pendarvis four has taken the first step to join the federation,” Spock gave praise to his love. “Lavori won’t mingle anymore in the politics.”

Jeran Baldavin was viewing the innocent looking microbe. It was harmful and had caused Checkov to collapse in the corridor leading to his cabin. He had come into contact with the microbe when Sulu was showing him a new seed in the botanics lab.
    Research could cure Checkov and render the microbe harmless.

Uhura was pointing at the beautiful verse in the chorale of an ancient Vulcan work. The difference had her coming up with new ideas to sing. She set up at once a correspondence with her friend Kashore. And singing and wrapped in Spock’s arms had her feeling at home.
    Heated kisses added to that feeling.

The slave thought that his life was forfeit when he saw the stranger appearing from thin air. His master had no wish to canonize what he saw and tried to interfere.
    Spock executed his nerve-pinch with immaculate precision and saved the slave.

Less syrup is better,” Uhura mused when she sampled the ile flotante.
    Florian McLintlock had made a lofty dessert for her. He knew that she was a fervid lover of his cuisine. And her linguistic qualities were always at his disposal when he came up with a new recipe.
    A loud snorted exhalation from Spock amused her.
    More chocolate my dear?”
    She grinned when she heard the concise question.

A splinter of metal was embedded in the thumb of ensign Brookes.
    After a long lecture about safety measures McCoy could dispose of the splinter after some precision prodding and probing.
    Ensign Brookes had been mistaken to discard safety gloves when joining the course of recreational sword-crafting offered by Sulu.
    “Take care the next time.”

Conceit was the biggest flaw of the composer,” Uhura put aside the recording. “But what the ‘Keytones’ did in a concert inspired by his work was great. Somber tunes were only a minimal part. And the gravity of the work was enhanced by the beautiful songs.”

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb! =D= =D= You imply intense edge of seatness in a few words. :) [:D] !!!

19. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Well done as usual! I agree with Nyota I was on the edge of my seat with this chapter.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you and here are the 50 sentences for September

Nurse Jana John loved Uhura’s mettle because now Nurse Marc Jullio was interested in her.
    Uhura had asked one of the girls to persuade Marc Jullio to do the plait in her hair with result a mess and Jana coming to the rescue.

McCoy had to confine the captain to the isolation ward when he came in complaining about a headache caused by a viral infection.
    That headache had been the result of endless diplomatic discussions with a jealous diplomat and a ruler offering the refreshments.
    Kirk had never experienced a severe infection before. And after being released from the isolation ward he was glad that he was the only victim.

Spock had taken over the shift. He had to report about the ravage after the attack. And there was that ravish looking commander of the Klingon warbird. She insulted Uhura and had him almost planning for revenge.

Sulu was at his place at the helm of the Enterprise. But he loved to spar with his blade during the off-duty time. Armed with the weapon he sped to the recreation-room. He was quite a match for Florian McLintlock, cook and drill sergeant. After the friendly sparring he often went with McLintlock to the kitchen to consume one of the famous fruit-pies.

Scotty observed his kilt where a pleat had become rather messy. As a Scott he had a fond taste for ceremony wearing the kilt during official ceremonies.

Spock had to take drastic actions during the mission to Agarius four. He had to use his mindmeld to forge a friendship. The crustacean native had acted rather violently but became an ally.
    Uhura loved the sand and sea and was the last to leave the water.
    Spock had been the first and he was there with towels and sweet caresses to care.
    On the second day after their arrival they said goodbye to the natives.
    Disdain showed on the face of the admiral when she addressed the captain after hearing his report about the mission to Agarius four.

Jeran Baldavin was planning a prank after reading one of his X-wing-novels where the fictitious character Wes Janson had had great fun with Hobbie Klivian playing a prank on Wedge Antilles. ‘Get McCoy through the mire of what Spock found on Agarius four and he will love it.’
    Ker Djarada did his Klivian part and morphed in a mermaid and had McCoy appreciating the prank.

A stop at a starbase had Scotty in trouble because the captain forbade him to get into discussion with the Klingons.
    After many insults from an – in Scotty’s eyes – delirious Klingon commander the Scott replied with his fists.
    And the melancholy of the trader didn’t help at all.
    Only the fealty assistant of the engineer had Scotty returning to the Enterprise with all his limbs.

Uhura was appealed when she heard the shrill cry of the young woman. A moribund man was trapped and no one was there to help. She didn’t know what had transpired. The indifference of the natives didn’t help either. It put a dent in her belief that someone could be saved. But one orphan was and taken to a new world.

- - -

McLintlock’s desserts were plentiful during the festivities to celebrate the first year of missions.

Uhura savoured the sweet chocolate delicacy.

A cake had met the eager fingers of an ensign and was now a miscreant but loved anyway by the chocoholics among the crew.

On the hunt for more delicacies Uhura ended in the galley.

McLintlock – on duty – offered her another ile flotante. And more important he used his influence on the captain to commute a shift to be there when she came with Spock to the restaurant for a candle-light dinner.

The efficiency of Uhura and McLintlock surprised Spock when he saw the scene in the restaurant. And Uhura’s effervescence had him experiencing one of the most romantic dinners ever.

A deep bow before McLintlock was Spock’s sign that he appreciated the scenery.

A bough sported white flowers.

Long after that dinner – disheveled sheets on the bed – Spock was caressing Uhura. “You were not transparent at all when you led me to the restaurant.”

“No my ashal’veh,” Uhura murmured and entwined Spock in her arms.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEE! SQUEEEE! That's good and delightful and wonderful reading there, let me say. Liked the one about Jana, the distressed natives and the sea, and of course the candlelit dinner leading to more yummies. :D [face_dancing]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More inspiration;)

October

Uhura was sitting with her ashal-veh in the auditorium of the trade post. She had read the script of the play and gripped the hand of her friend with some force.
    A scream on the stage had her distracted from the beeping communicator.
    But Spock saw the beacon on his communicator and jumped from his chair.
    Nyota recognized the urgency immediately. She saw the code red and was in time to beam up with Spock.

“The natives claim the trade post,” Jim Kirk said when he saw Spock and Uhura coming in.

“Captain, for the record,” Nyota started to laugh and continued with a big smile on her face “the play was pointing to that outcome and we have nothing lost.”

“The system is within reach of the Klingon space,” Spock observed.

“They will love the screeching sounds the natives make,” Nyota stroked softly with her fingers over one of Spock’s ears. “You would get a rash from that sound.”

“My love that pitch,” Spock took her in his arms. “That and the volume would be enough for me to get deaf ears.”

- --

Nurse Marc Jullio was with his love Jana John and Sulu in the arboretum of the Enterprise when he spotted something leaning against a column. He ran to the place and pointed at a cadaver and shouted “I will alert McCoy.”

“There is no rush to alert McCoy,” Sulu grinned. “Match the cadaver with that flower and insects and you see there is nothing to worry at all.”

Marc observed and saw the marching insects. Perfect rows were dividing the ants. Ants with their harvest from the flower were coming to the cadaver. Ants coming back were reaching their zeal as soon as possible. Tiny mandibles munched the pieces of flesh. No ant was allowed to deviate from the path. Perceived as disorder soldier ants came immediately into action.

“The ants will persevere long after the cadaver is gone,” Sulu remarked.

- - -

Nyota squealed with laughter when Spock pushed her on the pillows. The strain of the mission to the trade post had been enough to warrant a relaxing afternoon.

- - -

Ants and cadaver were forgotten when Sulu guided the Enterprise on her approach to the next system. Soon it became apparent that a weird being was contacting them.
    With Spock and Uhura off duty the communications officer on duty fell for the enchantment of the being. On a whim he overruled the captain but was stopped by McCoy hurrying with a hypospray. The captain called of the attack and commanded Sulu to flee the planet.

- - -

“I have to obtain an antidote for the virus that is plaguing Spock,” Jeran Baldavin mused. “A notable source is available on Merak 3.”

“You will need a covert operation to obtain the antidote,” McCoy smirked.

Nyota – dressed as a dancer – was perked on a big ball. She was doing this for the benefit of Baldavin now able to sneak behind one of the curtains and obtaining the antidote. Her lover was worth the minimal outfit she was wearing. She grinned at the scorching words from the women. Whimsical remarks from men were ear in and ear out for her. Baldavin had the cure for the virus. She could beam up with Baldavin before a cruel man hurled a rock at her.

Spock could fight the virus with success.

Nyota fed him tepid tea and listened to his grumbling. She could even convert the isolation room into a nice place. “Hang on my ashal-veh.”

Spock did and a swing back to full health was the result.

A frugal remark from McCoy had both smiling.
    “It wasn’t the fugue virus but the fuguala virus Spock.”

“I realized that immediately,” Nyota grinned and led Spock away.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!!!!!!!! Fun post. :D :D Ny nursing Spock back to health as Beren and Luthien did in Mira's thread. Ah!!!!! ^:)^ The similarities do not. Stop. There. [face_love] !!!! Eternal love - legendary and beautiful. Totally share those hallmarks.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More adventure in the next 50 sentences

Jeran Baldavin had to wait.

Christine Chapel was numbing the area on the ensign’s arm before he could get the barb out.

The earth colony was awash with strange plants. For the ensign it had seemed a heaven until he got tangled in the barbed bush. A swift beam-up and he was in the haven of his home away from home, the Enterprise.

Jeran had the pump ready and could get the barb out with a swift move.

- - -

Meanwhile the away-team had encountered a fence that separated them from the area near the sea. It seemed a lovely beach with a village and friendly natives.

Uhura snickered when she heard ensign Peters ramble about the sand. She had been quite aloof to her when he came this morning in the hangar to board the shuttle. She was glad that Spock had put her at her place. And it pleased her even more that Spock had sworn to take her to a nice place on the planet.

- - -

“I hope we have only him today,” McCoy grumbled when he saw the ensign leaving.

“I will see you tomorrow,” Jeran grinned. “Eventually you can call me back. I have to take my break.”

- - -

Spock was with Uhura on the sandy beach after affirming that no harm could come from the indeed friendly natives. She had flown straight in his arm and loved the beginning of their love play.

‘In the parallel universe Spock was honest but without passion,” Uhura murmured in Spock’s ear.

Perpendicular to the beach were Spock and Uhura were sitting was a row of palm trees.
    A soft tremor in the earth had a nut falling down from the palm tree.
    Sulu – eager to find out what the nut would reveal – took a brick and cut the nut open. Through a window Jens – one of the natives – began to laugh.

Sulu did likewise when the contents of the nut tumbled down on his boots.

“I will go up,” Jens came from his cottage and pointed to the tree. “And I will send another nut down. They taste like citrus and are very healthy.”

- - -

Later in the galley of the Enterprise was Florian McLintlock busy at his counter with the collected nuts. He had discovered that a curve with a knife this and that way over the nut-shell revealed the tasty citrus-like innards.

- - -

Uhura and Spock were still on the beach, waiting for their shuttle and discussing the parallel universe and the switch back to normal.

“I had quite a ride with nasty Sulu,” Uhura grinned.

“And I with violent Kirk basking in the glory of controlling everything,” Spock said. “For him it was the season of getting a new damsel in his bed. I could distract him enough the next morning to stun him.”

“And in the evening all was back to normal with you here my ashal-veh.”

“I hope we will never encounter that time frame again. Their missive was violent action and torture.”

“The military leaders needed massive forces to control the people.”

“I love the freedom our federation gives.”

They needed lethal poisons to get rid of their superiors and assassination was a way to climb up.”

“Eventually their universe will slide to destruction. The people suffering will rebel.”

“Their Vulcans – abound everywhere on their ships – will become the leaders as you have seen with my counter-part.”

“They have the same amount of logical thinking,” Spock stroked Uhura.

“And the same routine,” Uhura basked in the lovely gesture. “Parallel Spock will undo what parallel Kirk has begun. He will redact the new rules. He will distract Sulu and his cronies.”

“And he will overthrow the rulers,” Spock grinned. “And our shuttle has arrived to take us back.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the conversation and the setting, and the words "Spock stroked Uhura" ... :) [face_sigh] Do you know how many right things there are with that one simple statement? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Oh, how I love even the thought of them together, forget the fact. [face_love] [face_love] !!!