main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pre-Dragoncon round table

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by DawnOfTheReplicants, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Could you not switch for a few days with another?

2. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    I am sorry to hear that, Hama! :(

It is not everyday that you get to meet George Lucas. ;)

3. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Uh...GL is gonna be at DragonCon? Poor Hama. Now, now Joanzia...that's the worst way to get a bad rumor started. However, if it will help Hama's case with his bosses...

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I doubt I can do much switching in the first month at the new station/shift. Trying to get a day or two off is probably the best way to go. I only have six days off for the year, so I hate to use more than two, in case some emergency comes up.

5. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks for the info, it will help us alot. Look forward to the Fanforce get together with everyone there. :)

I will keep watching the boards here for more to come.

6. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know that the latest MotF schedule is up at http://dm.net/~sf-motf
    We have added some new guests: Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew, Paul "Greedo" Blake, Michonne "Babe A Fett" Bourriague, Garrick "Biggs" Hagon. In addition, we have Anthony Daniels, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Jerome "Rune Hako" Blake, Shannon Baksa, Richard "Admiral Motti" Leparmentier.
    Also authors, Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, Aaron Allston, and Steve Sansweet.
    Artists-Joe Corroney, and hasbro action figure sculpter Greg Keefer. Needless to say, there should be plenty for the Star Wars Fan to do. Please feel free to email Cathy or me if you have any questions.

Also--If you plan on participating in the Duels of the Fate lightsaber competition, please fill out the form on the website and send it to Cathy right away. We only have so much time for the event so it is important to enter early.

Oh, BTW, I love the origami X wings! You think we can talk her into coming to one of our Cantinas and teaching us all? We'll supply the paper, etc. Please let me know, we'd love to do it!
    Thanks,
    Janet

7. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Hi Janet:

I just checked out the DragonCon website. Updated as of today, Jerome Blake has cancelled. Not sure if you had heard yet. But as I wrote, it was just announced today. However, it looks like there still will be PLENTY of SW guests to entertain the masses. Look forward to meeting you in just a few weeks.

8. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi, yes I heard about it about a day after my post and hadn't gotton a chance to get back to ya.

Jerome is really nice and will be missed, but I'm excited that Peter Mayhew has been added. Also, they just added a bunch of guests who did Star War's comics. We are going to try and add a panel for them.

BTW, I got in an autographed photo of Composer John Williams yesterday. It also has some music drawn on it. I think it is from Close Encounters. Anyway, it will be one of the raffle prizes.
    Thanks,
    Janet

9. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi,
    I think some people were inquiring about daily memberships to Dragon*con. They just posted them yesterday and are as follows:

Prices for daily memberships are as follows (only available at Registration):
    $75 Friday - Monday
    $60 Saturday - Monday
    $45 Sunday - Monday
    $30 Friday, Saturday or Sunday
    $25 Monday

Hope this helps,
    Thanks, Janet

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Just got the official word today -- I managed to get the second half of work off on Friday, and all of Saturday off. I would have tried to take the entire day off Friday, but I had a computer training class that would be a pain to reschedule. Anyway, I'll be rolling into Atlanta a little before midnight local time. Anywhere I can crash for a night?

11. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Woo hoo!!! Way to go Hama! I am SO intrigued to meet you!

I'd offer you a spot on my floor, but I'm full up, right now. However, that could always change, so let me know if you haven't found a place by the time DragonCon rolls around.

12. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Glad to hear it Hama! If you would like, you can crash at my place. Keep in mind it is a little crowded now. We just bought a house and actually move into it the weekend after DragonCon. Boohoo, my collection has been packed away. But that's okay, 'cause our new pad will have even MORE room to put all of it out. I have stuff that has been sitting in storage bins forever. Oh, wait, where was I. Oh yes, Hama, you are more than welcome to stay at our place if you would like. We have 2 big comfy couches and a fouton couch that folds out into a bed. Your choice.

13. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Jace...do we need to form a volunteer party to unpack your collection? It took me weeks on end to get mine unpacked.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Good idea, RosieWook! We could have a FanForce unpacking party for Jace. ;)

Hama, I'm really glad to hear that you'll be able to make it to Dragon*Con. I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in person. :)

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds cool, Ian. I hope you won't mind me rolling into town a little before midnight. Anyway, I'll need directions to your place. Could you email them to Hama@fanforce.net? I'd appreciate it.

16. Nillanator

Jun 9, 2001
    Hama, glad you will be able to make it now. I look forward to meeting others from fanforce there. We plan on staying the whole convention. I have never been to such a large convention, so I am not sure what to expect...LOL Lots of long lines?

19 days til DragonCon :)

17. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    19 days? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

No, I'm ok<G>

Dragon*con is huge, but it has been my experience that line waiting has never been a problem. If your looking for autographs, get to the dealer's room right when they open up on Friday-11am-12 and you'll have no trouble. Other than that, you should be cool. There is a large food court so we never had much a wait for food. Only big deal is if your in the Hyatt, getting on and off the elevators. They have 4 main ones and you usually will wait 20-30 minutes to get up or down. Hope for a low floor and put on your hiking boots!
    Thanks,
    Janet

18. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    We just received confirmation from Steve Sansweet that he will be bringing the following items to Dragon*con this year for our charity auction:

Star Wars: Union graphic novel signed by Mike Stackpole, Shannon Baksa, and Mark Hamil.

A baseball hat signed by George Lucas.

We will try to make arrangements for credit card purchases or through paypal if you have an account. Cash is always good!
    Thanks,
    Janet

19. Nillanator

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks for the tip on the line for autographs. It sounds like there will be so much going on, I would hate to spend most of my time in line..LOL

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Quote:
    If your looking for autographs, get to the dealer's room right when they open up on Friday-11am-12 and you'll have no trouble.

Is that the line where I give or get autographs? :p

21. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Ooo...I hope you're giving out autographs, Hama. You're my hero! :D

22. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Hama, I'll be down at the con until you show up. So we'll have to hook up at the con. You still have my business card, right? Once you are down at the con, call me on my cell phone. We can hook up from there. I planned to be there for a bit that night. If you want to go to my place as soon as you get in, that's okay too. I'll be back in Nashville next week btw. I just found out Friday. I think Minacia and my wife are gonna try to carpool/train ride down there on Friday evening after they get off from work. Not sure yet. Anyhow, guess we can talk privately from the boards. I'll email you as the con gets closer.

My apartment is all packed up. No more Star Wars goodies on the walls or shelves. Just waiting for our nice big house to put everything back up. We move the week after the con, so if you wanna help unpack...we can discuss later. I'm bummed though...my wife packed away my Aurra Sing figure before I could get to it. And I was gonna have Michonne sign it :_| . That sucks!

23. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Yo, me and a friend have some room in our hotel room a couple blocks formt he con so if anyone needs a place to stay still it's open if they pay a share of the room tab.

24. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    So, no Star Wars LARP this year?! :(

The one last year could've used some serious improvements, but it was amusing...

Just gotta get a cheap ticket and I'm there!

25. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Hama...if you would rather stay at the hotel, that's okay too. I was trying to figure out logistics of how to meet up with you. I wasn't sure how late I wanted to stay down there on Friday night. I was thinking of about 1-2AM, but I may get tired at midnight. I don't know yet. But it's your call. As I said, mi casa es su casa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.