main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Pre-Halloween meeting place/time?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey guys, we need to get together for a quick pre-halloween meeting/briefing sometime so I can also hand out the shirts, my place is available, but only during the weekdays. I am off Tuesdays through Thursdays, so anytime anyone wants to come over thats cool w/ me.

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    SWEET! How much per shirt do we owe you, my brother? Damn you live waaaaay the hell on the N side...maybe we can meet up wit'cha when you have buisness in town?

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, the shirts were only 4.47 each, but if you dont mind me adding a bit for ink (I used ALOT), 5.50 would help me break even. For those that can't make a final meeting or at my place, I can meet you in town somewhere.

Oh and I finalized our logo, I give you the

SABER CACTUS!!

[image=http://members.aol.com/dialswiftjustice/private/jokelogo.jpg]

I cant wait to see how you guys look in the hot pink shirts i bought with this logo. Man its gonna be on coffee mugs, everything!

[face_laugh]

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hot Pink is swell! But a Blue Saber? :mad: :p

;)

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I seem to have the giggles!! can't wait to see the shirts.. I think the price is just fine.

we can always meet at my house if ya'll want too.. I seem to have been given the next several weeks off due to my back issues.. I fear my job fears I will get worse and blame them.. I went in to talk to them about possibly taking some time off... and they said well.. if the doctors don't think I should be there.. then I should take the time off.. and providing the doctors will let me return to work when all is said and done and decided.. then of course I have my job, so apparantly I am taking a leave of absence that we hope does not wind up permanant.. it does however limit my spending guys.. I will be there for all our endeavors.. but my finances will dictate how much work will now be done on costumes.. we are going to lose anywhere from $400-$700 a month..while not much.. it was paying for all our extras.. as I was already down to three days a week.. and only five hours a night at that.. I admit I would actually love for ya'll to come over.. just for moral support and so I can enjoy the fun of the halloween plans even though I will be in arkansas with my kids.

6. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am up for a Meet and Greet at Cats house...how does this weekend sound..I'll bring the Brats!!!

We could do some costuming or armoring while we are there...I have a couple of things to "create" And if anyone needs a lightsaber belt prop, we could do that too...I might need to go to the leather store tomorrow, so if anyone needs a Jedi belt now would be the time to tell me so I can buy the materials, and you can reimburst...you have my # all right?

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Just let me know what ya'll are up for.. I will have to leave ya'll with Jake for a couple of hours from 4:30-7:00 to go to a baby shower if we do it on Saturday.. but ya'll would be fine without me.. plus we can eat the baby shower left overs!!! cupcakes and cheese spread and whatever. Also.. sunday is fine.. or any week day is fine.. like I said.. I am apparantly no longer working!!! and desperately seeking a roommate now!!

8. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Ok fellas we need to know who is coming so we dont bring too much food. Also the day is still open...Sat evening or Sun Morn-afternoon? We need your input! I vote for Sun afternoon so that our Lil Vader can come before he has to go to work... But if Sat is more to your guy's liking lets do it..point is we need to get together to disguss the up and coming events.

MUGEN

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I know that I can't do Sun. in the morning but can possibly do Sunday evening.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sunday evening works for me with no problems.

11. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm busy tonight, tomorow night (sat) but Sun is OK w/ me.... work night but I'll push through.
    What time?

:)
    [face_coffee]

12. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    ok, thats 3 plus me for Sun afternoon/evening...can I hear an AMEN?

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well.....hmmm, I have Sunday off, and might be able to meet around 1-2ish? But it's not a definate, I am going to Buckelew Farms and then the Safe Halloween at 4pm

Frankie I need belts! But, I need two 2" wide regular black belts, for my imperial buckles!

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    How many belts do you need, and when do you need them by? I am not sure if the leather store is open on Sat..but If they are I can get the stuff....also what length? 2"x?

16. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    I can make the meeting on Sunday, just need to know the time.

17. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I really dont want to speak for Cat, because its her place and all...but I would guess at around 2-3 ish...

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Alrighty, I went to the leather store to pick up 3, 2" belts, 2 for DialSwift, and one for me. I was gonna dye them today..but I think it would be better to do it tomorrow at cats with eveyone present. I need to make a lengthier belt for the pouches...I will also bring all the scrap leather I have in case anyone wants to try an make Jedi pouches and dye them brown or black or whatever....and attatch them to a belt. If you think I have something..or can create something that you need to help your costume call me, and I will se what I can do. I have alot of spare syntra, some leather, maybe enough stuff to make a lightsaber...some black material, some tan Jedi tunic type material, just let me know..funds dont matter.

Frankie
    349-5408

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I will definetly be there, maybe a little early if its ok with Cat (130ish?) cause I need to leave around 230ish to pick up my kids and go tot hat safe hallowen thing at Pinnacle Peak.
    Cat did Jake want to use my boots? I can drop them off.....

You or Jake working tonight? Im working off duty at IHOP at midnight.

Well, unfortunatly I am going to be a short Vader. The guy I took my boots to wants 1000$ to add 2" lifts, and I just cant do that right now.

Unfortunatly I am coming up short on midnight releases. SO, anyone want to go to a club? The Asylum and City Limits have over 1000$ in prizes, oh and HEart Five

20. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Cat is having trouble posting

She said she'll be home all day so show up! She's got leftover Shower food. =P~ [face_dancing]

I'll be there [face_praying] at 2:00pm :D

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am down with the costume contest places...I heard they are having a 1000$ contest at Old Tucson too...some friends of mine invited me to the OldFather Inn for a contest..I think they are giving away a motorcycle...might be worth the time...and I will show up early for the meet also. I should be there by 1pm, to set up all my stuff, and get ready for the work that needs to be done.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    $1000 for elevation.. that is ridiculous.. we need to find you someone else.. I know one guy at wilmot and speedway.. have you tried him.. right next door to la salsa on the sw corner. behind beyond bread...

Jake just called and told me you were at IHOP tonight.. that is a trip.. can't believe your there and I have now officially taken a leave of absence. I will have to come in and say hello on a saturday night.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    food.. I have chicken salad, egg salad, hummus, pimento cheese spread, and sausage balls (probably will make some white gravy for the sausage balls.. reheating tends to dry them a bit.. the gravy will make them yummy). Mugen has graciously offered to bring brats over... and I am wondering if anyone is up for bringing some drinks.. let me know if we need some other food.. thinking there is plenty of what I have.. however.. you might not enjoy traditional shower food..some folks don't.. Oh yes.. and lots of yellow and also CHOCOLATE cupcakes as well.

see everyone starting around 1pmish I am thinking.. I'll be here.. but if you need to come later that's fine too.

24. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    mmmmm....cupcakes.... =P~

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Thanks Cathie for hosting the meeting.

Will hopefully see some folks over the weekend at Reid Park Zoo. [face_peace]

And to be immortalized in the internet:

upon Mugen handing him a lightsaber and turning it on:

WookieWallaby: My father wanted me to have one these when I was old enough.

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.