main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR [Pre-Order] As always Amazon has to be first...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darthhelinith, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Not sure when it occured, but they've got pre-ordering up for TOR already :rolleyes:

So do we now have an actual RRP? Or is that just a figure they've pulled from somewhere?

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    According to Amazon March 25th release. That is pretty exciting news, if it turns out to be true.

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Gnaaaa I want to believe it, but Amazon has done this to numerous cd's that I've waited for in the past. The dates usually turn out to be wrong and everyone gets their hopes up, and I end up crying myself to sleep at night. They have that on their consciences!!

4. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Bioware hasn't said absolutely anything about a March 25th release, so my hopes aren't up yet.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Unless that's their big Christmas announcement. Though March strikes me as an odd time to release such a game.

6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    No, their big Christmas announcement is already confirmed to be an unannounced game, thought to be a modern combat RPG or a multiplayer spin off to the Mass Effect franchise.

This just seems like a company jumping the gun with a rumoured release date, it happens a lot on the internet. HMV once took pre-orders for an Xbox 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4 despite the game being a PS3 exclusive. However I don't think there is any harm in pre-ordering it at the link. The worst case scenario is that amazon will give you a refund.

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    That cannot be the release date. EA CEO and the EA CFO have both said in the month of November in news conferences that the game will not be out in Electronic Arts fiscal year 2011. Fiscal Year 2011 ends on March 31st.

That has been confirmed as recently as November 30th on the EA investor website.

The earliest possible release date for TOR is April 1, 2011 and it is my opinion and many others who follow this game on a daily basis (I actually contribute to a well known TOR fansite) that no one should be expecting this game until May.

Edit: And before anyone points out Bioware is making this game, Electronic Arts owns Bioware.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Yeah, it's quite possible that this date is very wrong. It doesn't correspond with anything else we've heard so far.

9. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Not quite possible. It's fact. :)

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1087297308x0x426789/24a7ea6b-e699-445b-a755-df2811f33e5d/Credit_Suisse_Transcript.pdf

Quote: "Future EA digital growth drivers are expected to be the following - one, we recently announced that we will be shipping the Star Wars -- the highly anticipated Star Wars MMO in calendar year '11, so that is our fiscal '12. We haven't given any specific dates or quarters beyond that, but this is the first time we're going on record to say Star Wars will be shipping in our fiscal '12."

Fiscal '12 for Electronic Arts starts on April 1, 2011.

But the good news is, we could still get it in the Spring window that the developers have talked about in the past.

Just a few days ago, Daniel Erickson the lead writer for TOR gave a video interview and once again said "Spring 11".

That means that right now we can expect the game between April 1st and June 21st. No earlier than April 1st though. Possibly later than June 21st as games can always be pushed back.

Edit: Not trying to be a know it all but I am just trying to stop anymore misinformation about this game from getting out there. Other forums out there about this game are out of control and there is mountains of lies, trolls, and misinformation. Just wanting to get the facts straight for everyone so that when you talk about the game you convey the absolute truth to people, so hopefully they will do the same when they talk to others and so on.

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    My spy who is no longer with BioWare Austin (sadly he was only temp) told me look for the game to be somewhere around June. They are pushing 1st Quarter 2011 hard so it'll come up against the start of Q2 '11.

I won't pre-order until I see a pre-order for a collector's edition.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    I would like to clarify the above statement. The June release was talked about way back in summer, and is no longer the case. I will be very surprised if the game comes out in 2011 :(

Latest 'rumored' date: September. Ouch. Might as well wait til Christmas, then, BioWare.

12. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Last I heard it was April at the very earliest but definately before the end of 2011, and as much as I want to play it I don't mind waiting until Christmas if it gives them the time needed to make it good.

13. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Daniel Erickson, lead writer of the game was quoted less than a month ago as saying Spring 2011, once again.

Until that officially change their stance, I'm not going to get too up or too down.

The CFO of EA has said that the game will be out in 2011, pointing to the game as a huge digital revenue driver for the year. So don't be too surprised when it is released in 2011.

We should have a pretty good indication by the beginning of February at the latest if it is still on track for Spring. As they detail their upcoming games for the current quarter (which is FY 11 Q4 and they will also detail the games coming out in FY 12 Q1). If it is to come out in Spring which is still the official stance of Bioware, not some guy who used to work at Bioware, then the picture should be a little clearer.

Once again, a lot of this information comes from Electronic Arts itself and through their investor conferences and meetings, which a lot of gaming sites and fans don't follow. I follow them specifically for this game and this game alone.

Just want to clarify that because the rumors are a little ridiculous and saying "a former insider told me this" is well... I'll just leave it at that, I think.

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    I'll just state that my 'former insider' actually worked on the cinematics of the game on a 6 month temp basis, which ended 2 weeks before Christmas. I'll take the word of someone who is actually working on the game and knows what the actual timeframe is than the financial overlords, thank you :p

Just because they plan on it moving lots of units does not mean a spring release, just look at all the games that come out between September and December compared to the rest of the year.

edited post to remove info that might reveal to BioWare who it might be. NDA's and all, people. :p

15. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    UPDATE
    This was posted yesterday.

I think this can quench any people still saying the game is going to be pushed back, or they would have probably anounced it. So any time after March 31st. Possible that they'll release the actual release date at PAX East 2011?

16. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    lol

17. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    I will be heading to Boston for PAX EAST so lets hope for some good news!

18. alexus

alexus Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2011
    Spam begone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.