main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Precious Cargo - Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Seth-of-the-Sith, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth-of-the-Sith

Seth-of-the-Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2001
    While still in the making, I was able to put together a teaser for Bootleg Productions newest film, Precious Cargo.

Some of you might have seen the older film, entitled Precious Cargo. Well the NEW Precious Cargo is much different, with better plot, characters, etc... It's not a sequel, its not a remake, its just a different interpretation of the story.

Well here it is, the teaser.

Precious Cargo Teaser 7MB

Hope you enjoy...

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Looks really cool.

Explosions :D

(Though it will be some time before the ringing is out of my ears since I wore headphones to watch this while at work.)

One thing I miss from the previous film are all the bullet streaks and "fire-cracker" gound hits. That really pumped up the intesity before.

Have fun.

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I'm sure all those things will be in the final film, Nick. (At least, if they aren't, I'll bug Seth till they go in).

Anyway, great footage Seth, that XL-1s is looking niiiice...

Although, I would like to see a bit of colour changing, I just saw Reign of Fire, and the 'blueness' of the outdoors really gave the battle scenes a gritty feel. But, hey, that's director's perogative.

4. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    It isn?t Star Wars but it looks good. ;) I?m not big on the animated explosions and muzzle flashes, it looks good for what it is, but it?s just not my thing. I feel half the fun is creating props and jerry rigging devises to achieve the desired effects. Look forward to seeing the finished movie.

Thank you for sharing. :D

5. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i thought the oringal was really good, the newer version looks like its kicking the older version out the window!

6. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    Nick - The tracer bullets are in the film, I just didn't add them to the teaser.

Eagle - I'm going to fiddle around with the color to see if I can't get a better look.

crutag-ventor - The explosions are real, they arn't animated. Guess they look really bad on camera eh. :p

7. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Don?t get me wrong, they?re not terrible or anything, I think it?s the color that is off. And on the larger explosions (particularly the one in the forest) the shadows should light up from the flash. It looks like you all had fun. It reminds me of my younger days when I was just a lad. ;) War movies were all we did, back before we could do lightsabers (1994).

8. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    Maybe you arn't reading correctly, the explosions ARE real.

9. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    you could do sabers in 94?

So seth when is PC coming out?

10. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    Sooner then never ;)

We are still in production actually, so no telling when the final product will be releasted. Expect it to be out before the end of the year.

11. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Okay... Your trailer was well done, but I would NOT have chosen that type of music for a movie that takes place back in WWII. That's one of the only things that I think should have been done differently. That's just my opinion that the music is highly inappropriate for the subject matter at hand.

I did enjoy your explosions and shooting effects. Your editing was pretty darn tight too! Did I see a soldier get hit with a bullet in the chest and it flamed upon impact (What's with that?)? It was a cool effect though and proved to be quite visually interesting.

All in all to me it looks like just another WWII movie (or am I in the wrong war?) just paced faster than most trailers I've seen. A nice desaturation would maybe be more fitting for the footage, as the colorfulness of it tends to look a bit "happy" you know? I don't mean it in a negative way, but maybe desaturating the picture would add a bit more down and dirty realistic gritty feel.

You did a great job overall. I'd like to see this when it's all done to see your film all done!

12. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

"the explosions ARE real."

LOL [face_laugh]

Good job on this one, I am looking forward to seeing it! (I really liked Precious Cargo Sr.)

13. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Real explosions imposed into frame right? ?[face_plain]

No we couldn?t do lightsabers in 94 that is when we did war movies. ;)

14. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Real explosions imposed into frame right?

NO!

NO!

And...NO!

The explosions WERE THERE...ON SET!!

GOT IT???

15. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Got it! ;)
    I enlarged the picture size and it looks better. I guess viewing it small made the contrast seem wrong.
    So I take it all back. Extra kudos!!! :D

16. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    niennumb1 - The music is just something I picked out for the teaser, this type will not be used in the film. The bullet impacts were a little screw up on pyro's part. He didn't put the explosives together properly, but oh well. And as for the color, this will change in the final film. Thanks for the comments. :)

17. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i haven't read the other posts so i dont know if this has been addressed, but i don't think fire shoots out of people when they get shot with a Thompson. Also, this looks like its supposed to by WWII, and I don't know if WWII was fought in a location like this. One other thing, shouldn't it be "Coming sooner than never" instead of "then never"?

18. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I helped to write the script for PC, and trust me, you're all in for a real treat with the final product. I was wondering about the flaming squibs as well.

19. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Seth: Where did you guys get the Thompsons? or did you make them somehow?

20. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that those were airsoft guns that they prbly spray painted the orange tip of. They cost like a $100 bucks a piece. (Correct me if I'm wrong here seth)

21. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    You're wrong, ObiMcD. ;)

22. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Then what was it EagleI, I thought that's what he told me.

23. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    :)

I'm pretty sure they are all either real (decommisioned) guns, or fake real guns, like the type that shoot blanks.

I didn't think he bought any guns with orange tips that he would have to paint.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

24. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    i dont think they shoot blanks or he didn't have them loaded since there were no muzzle flashes in the trailer

25. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    good server... hmmmmm 7mb in 50 seconds.

looks like an interesting WWII fan film. One small thing though... bullets don't exploade when they make contact with people, except for explosive rounds. But those wern't used in WWII rifels or by any major army's rifels ever so I guess it is a mute point.

But I thought it was good, 'comming soon then never' he he he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.