main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Precious Cargo - Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Seth-of-the-Sith, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Oh okay... Well if you aren't going to use that music from in the trailer, then maybe that was just an attention getter for your audience? If even that was the case I don't know if you should have chose that if you were trying to appeal to the general audience. You probably almost definitely lost people over the age of 35... It just comes off as this rockin' butt kickin' war movie (which I'm sure it's not). I'm sure you have some good character and story development in this. I would have teased the audience with some strong phrases from your movie and some slow, yet with a lot of feeling kind of music. Just my thoughts!

Don't take this like I'm bashing on your work, because I do enjoy your visuals and it looks like an overall interesting film. Hopefully it will have it's own entity to it and not be the same as many other war movies. I look foward to seeing it very much!!!

2. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    I think it really kicks ass. The music gives a sense of speed and energy. But I totally agree with niennumb, as he is right about what the impression this might give to the ppl that watch it later. Some ppl searching for a "kick-ass war movie" will feel probably let down to find that theres actually (wait for it...) a dense storyline amidst the shooting and explosions.

Anyway, I think you did a great job. Don't feel bad about it. Look at TPM and AOTC. How did they attract ppl through the trailers? With huge battle scenes and epic themes of fast paced battle, amongst other things, of course. But that mainly what the ppl nowadays are said to be searching for.

Carl

3. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I don't care if fire doesn't show up when people get hit-- it's a freaking cool effect.

Seriously, i'm really looking foward to this one... some of those shots made it look like you had alot more people than you actually did. I loved the shot of the feet running, based on the last movie, i know how your directing and editing style is, and based on what i have seen it looks like you have improved and expanded upon that.

Can't wait for this one.

Cya
    Mike

4. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Hmmm, Not bad, not bad.

Who did you get to play as me?

5. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Because I'm retarded, and Seth isn't on at the moment for me to ask... what is that song called and who's it by so I can get it (I like).

As far as the location... It could appear somewhat tropical, and there were the Japanese and Phillipino operations during WW2.

Just a thought.

~DK~

6. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Retard retard :)

about the phillippino/Japanese stuff karr is right :p

i would know :)

7. Dezion-Karr

Dec 10, 2001
    *mumble*

Phillipino ho.

:D

::turns chair around so Lots, who's 3 feet away, can't hit him::

WoO! Saturday's are great.

~DK~

8. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    its spelled Filipino. The country, yes, is Philippenes, but the people are Filipinos.

I'm half, so i know these things... in fact, I was there last month.

9. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    i dont think they shoot blanks or he didn't have them loaded since there were no muzzle flashes in the trailer

Macho, I was talking about THAT SORT OF GUN, not actually that he's using blanks.

I sure hope that he's not using blanks, because they are dangerous.

Anyway, about no muzzle flashes being in the trailer, I don't think any guns fired during the trailer, so...you can't tell if they had blanks in them or not.

10. Dezion-Karr

Dec 10, 2001
    so... the song?

11. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    Cool trailer! Can't wait for the movie, but are you adding that scene from the first PC and then making it a bigger longer movie?

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Cool trailer! Can't wait for the movie, but are you adding that scene from the first PC and then making it a bigger longer movie?

Nope.

It's an entirely new story (I've read the script). It's gonna be quite different from the first. Whether it will be better remains to be seen.

13. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I think what Seth, myself, and a few others have come up with will be a lot better than PC1. The first lacked a plot and character development (though I still thought it was good). This one has a lot more action, a lot more drama, and a lot more people. I think it's PC 1 plus a whole lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.