main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Predator 3 greenlighted

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    From The Arnold Fan:
    PREDATOR VS TERMINATOR AT THE B.O.!
    "Predator 3: Rise of the Ugly Mothers" is finally greenlit!

Next summer our movies will be action-packed with green alien hunters and killer cyborgs! According to countingdown.com, PREDATOR 3 has at last been greenlit with a tentative release date of June 1, 2003 just one month before T3's release date.

One source says the movie follows a story about "American marines go to a planet where Predators are staging an invasion of Earth." No names have been mentioned, although it's pretty certain Arnold will not return as the cigar-chomping marine Dutch. As a substitution of a lead, Kurt Russell is said to be the fan favorite.

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

What a lame concept. I thought the Predators were hunters. What sense does it make to have them try to conquer the earth?

Dumb, I say. Dumb.

AYBABTU?

3. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Yeah... I would rather see the Predators and humans team up against the Aliens during the timeframe of the latter series.

*eye starts to twitch*
    Ah, who am I kidding.... I'm just glad they're making a third film... it's got to be better than Predator 2. ;)

EDIT: Predators aren't "ugly monsters"! Well, if you keep their helmets on, anyway. :p

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yep, the yautja are honorable hunters. An Aliens vs. Predator flick would've been a much better idea. But whatever. With Kurt Russell it could be okay.

5. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    i agree with AYBABTU. it's stupid. predators don't invade planets.

6. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

A better concept would be this --

Since the Predators keep not returning from Earth, when the marines get there the predators should shake their hands, have a few drinks, and promise never to come back.

AYBABTU?

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Am I the only person in the world who liked Predator 2? I thought it was better than the original. Too many kicks in the head by a burro, I suppose.

8. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I thought P2 was just different from the first. Different setting, different Predator -- it had its unique moments that set it apart. I never really had a problem with it. While I do prefer the original, the sequel ain't bad.

I've been watching the original on AMC lately. It's still cool.

AYBABTU?

9. Arsenal2001

Arsenal2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2001
    As an Aliens fan, I would like to say... feces.

10. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    It's odd that this movie has been on AMC. They usually show much older films.

I did like the original Predator flick too, aside from the crappy Ahnold/Apollo Creed dialog at the beginning of the movie.

"What haupened to yoou, Dillon?"

"I woke up. Why don't you?"

Oohhh, dis.

11. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I agree. I usually fast-forward that movie until the Predator makes his first appearance. :D

12. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Not good! Predator 2 was pushing it....and now third one will only further disgrace the original. Its like the Aliens series...leave at 2...then they pushed it to 3....which wasnt that bad. And then came 4.....one of the worst films of all time!

Wasnt there a skeleton of an alien in the Predator 2 ship?

13. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I get the feeling this movie is really Alien vs Predator. they had been talking about that again not too long ago, and the whole invasion thing seems off.

(don't get me wrong they could be several reasons to invade us. Thier planets dying..they want to make it into a host factory for aliens...etc etc...never know)

But with the "space" marines in there it seems to me anyway that this could be alien vs predator (I hope so) ....and no Bomie I like Predator 2 better than the original.

14. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I hope you're right, sacul.

I enjoyed the last 30 minutes of Predator 2, but the rest was... [face_plain]

15. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Hmmm... isn't this release somewhat near the release of The Matrix 2 ?

If so, i sense a cg war coming up next summer :p

16. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    There was a Predator 2?? Oh wait, Danny Glover and Maria Conchita Alonzo comes to mind...

17. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I enjoyed both Predator movies with Predator 2 being my favorite. If they do make a third one I'm there.

18. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Predator 1 > Predator 2 by far.

19. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    ":Director Ridley Scott is seriously considering making a new Alien film - explaining where the terrifying creatures came from. Scott directed the first movie, 1979's Alien, from the four film franchise starring Sigourney Weaver, and is now trying to finalize a story for Alien 5 - which he sees as a prequel exploring the creation of the killer alien life forms. He says, "I'm seriously mulling it over. I think it would be a lot of fun, but the most important thing is to get the story right. We should go back to where the alien creatures were first found and explain how they were created. No one has ever explained why. I always figured a battleship carrying bio-mechanical organisms that could be weapons was sent into space with some space jockey who didn't last."

From IMDB today

20. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Predator 3

Alien 5

Teminator 3

will the madness never end!?

21. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Predator 2 > Predator for the simple fact of the lead character (Danny Glover) being a more or less normal guy going up against something so advanced as to be nearly unstoppable.

When Predator came out, Ah-nold was at the height of his cinematic action-hero invincibility. You knew going in that he'd have a token struggle and emerge victorious. Not so with Danny Glover.

Then you've got the horrible Arnold line,"He can't see me!"...yeah, can't see you, but he can still HEAR you, ya moron...shoulda been toast right then and there...

One of my favorite moments is near the end of Predator 2, when Glover's in the ship, and the other Predators emerge from the fog...that's an awesome scene, you must admit.

Premise for this P3 movie sounds really silly, but I guess with our culture everything has to wind up in EXTREME overkill mode...

22. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Would you say that about Episode IX of SW? ;)

23. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    [image=http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/l/91/ramirez.gif]

Do ya think I'll be in the sequel?

24. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I was never really a fan of the Predator movies, especially the sequal. This new one sounds pretty lame.

But Predators vs. Aliens is a kick a$$ game.

25. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    The Predators who came to Earth thus far have been hunters. Is there any evidence to suggest that the entire predator society is based around hunting? Humans have hunters to. How do we know the Predators in the first two films werent the equivalent of hill billy red necks? There is no reason to think that all predators are hunting creatures. An advanced race is likely to have a government of some sort, and sometimes governments like to invade places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.