main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Predications for E3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    What a games do you think lucasarts or other companies will be announcing at E3?

SEYA

2. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Maxis is announcing SimCity 4. ;)

Hopefully there will be plenty of new games besides that...maybe a Sims 2? :eek:

3. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm sure there will be some wonderfull new footage of Bounty Hunter. I also heard they're working on a new Indiana Jones game.

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    yeah there making a new indiana jones game do you think they will show pictures or movies of it?

maybe lucasarts will announce monkey island 5

SEYA

5. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Predictions for E3? Ok. I got some.

-A bunch of mid 20s, male nerds will be in a huge room.

-I see all of them clapping and cheering for *every single game and announcement* presented to them

-I see many internet video game nerds who are part of different "websites" getting exclusive coverage and then reporting it

-I see a lot of "bashing" and posting of negative thoughts on some of the games presented, even though ironically they were part of the cheering and clapping crowd when they saw it

=D

Let me know if I'm wrong. I am a pretty good psychic, usually. Always in motion is the future.

-Jomero

6. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    -Maybe Black Isle will FINALLY announce Fallout 3 is their secret game they are develping to risk rabid beatings from dedicated post-apoc fans (like myself and thousands of others).

-Maybe 3d Realms will release a new DNF video...or claim that the game will be done sometimes THIS YEAR...like "When its done...this year..."

-Maybe Sierra will announce their line up of new Quest games slated for the next year or so and won't royally screw up the way Quest games are thought of.

-John Romero will be panhandling in front of the civic center.

-Stevie "Killcreek" Case will be working the corner.

-Cliff "CliffyB" Bleszinski will yet again show he is the pimp of the industry.

-Everybody will be sad that G.O.D. has no cool booth/amusement this year.

-Maybe there will finally be some great games ahead for us? Doom 3 isn't looking all that great.

-Warren Spector will release Deus Ex 2 goodies and make baby jesus clap for joy!

7. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    I'd rather hear Specter drop some Theif 3 (other game he's heading) stuff instead of Deus Ex. But that's a personal wish.

-Jomero

8. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Maybe Black Isle will FINALLY announce Fallout 3 is their secret game they are develping to risk rabid beatings from dedicated post-apoc fans (like myself and thousands of others).

Hell yeah! I am working my way through Fallout 2 right now! Quality! (at least I was until I got distracted by JO) :)

Anyone know if Fallout: Tactics is worth my time?

9. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I want more info on Black & White 2.

10. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I have suspicions that Maxis is working on SimMars again, or will be in the near future, because they made a reference to it in Sims: Vacation. There is an arcade video game called SimMars that you can purchase. While still in buy mode, if you click and hover above it's picture on the menu, you get a complete synopsis on the entire gameplay. I really hope that they aren't messing with my head, because I really wanted that game before they put it on hold.

11. Commander_Fel

Commander_Fel Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I wonder if they will show SW: Galaxies at E3..

does anyone know?

12. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I'm 99% sure they will show SWG at E3 why wouldn't they? Its one of the most anticpiated games of the year!

13. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    I'm 99% sure they will show SWG at E3 why wouldn't they? Its one of the most anticpiated games of the year!

Not really, it only has a star wars fanbase, most people who play MMORPG's are shruging it off and probably going to play shadowbane.

14. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    People love to chuck around assumptions like "most anticipated games of the year" without stats or other evidence.

For example, you could say it about JO as it topped pre-order charts on many major online retailers.

15. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    All I want from X-box is a really good online system and a good GTA3 port. I've already got morrowind and KOTOR to keep me busy otherwise.

16. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    GTA3 is being ported to PC in may... check ebgames.com

17. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Predictions for E3 eh?

- Companies employing models waering nothing to work the imagination, and who would make PB blush, to advertise their new productions.

18. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Hmm, from what little I have heard, aotx for gameboy is the only for sure star wars game showing up. Wouldn't they show knights of the old republic possibly? I'll be quite disappointed if I don't hear an aotc game announced for the pc.

19. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    when does lucasarts start announcing them?

20. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    I predict WarCraft III will come away with high honors, yet it's creators will postpone it a couple years.

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    They'll announce The SIMS: EXPANDED EXPANSION PACK FOR THE LIVING LARGE EXPANSION PACK.....HA!

22. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    -Nintendo will blow us away with an onslaught of surprises and they'll show off Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Pikmin 2 and 1080 2 properly.

-Capcom will show off Res. Evil's.

-LucasArts will show Bounty Hunter and officially announce (possibly show) Clone Wars for GC and maybe other consoles.

-Sega unveil many games across all platforms.

-Rareware'll give us something special to chew on (Perfect Dark).

-Microsoft will create some other Nintendo bashing rumour (referring to Activision buy Rare).

-Sony will announce price cut.

-Konami will show off MGSX and announce GC MGS (please?).

-Squaresoft will show first shots (probably video) of FF GC-GBA.

-Loads more stuff.

23. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    -Nintendo will try to surprise (by not commenting on it earlier, like they did with the cube) all by announcing they are going online next year.

-Xbox live will be introduced (duh) I think its going to be a monthly fee for any and all games regardless of use. Probably around $10-20

-Sony will introduce their broke arse ethernet port (sorry but it's going to suck) and the service will be pay per use

-People will balk at having to pay $100 extra for ethernet ports and hard drives for Sony and Nintendo :p

-LA will unveil their new line. One of which will rock and one of which will suck hardcore.

-an ungodly amount of games will be announced for X-box (since 150 games are supposed to be on the shelves by Christmas)

24. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    There aint no Nintendo hard drive and if, against my knowledge, there is we can all sleep easy knowing that we're not obliged to buy it coz it's unnecessary.

IMO Online gaming is for ppl with no real friends to play games with.

Finally, I'll believe the 150 thing when I see.

25. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    It's possible to not have a hard drive with online play but there's certain features you're lacking because of it. For instance there probably will be a download for Halo to make it an X-box live game, trailers, demos etc. Without a hard drive you're lacking the ability to use swap files.

As for online play and a lack of friends; my two best friends aren't first person shooter fans, and I love em. My roommates from college are big first person shooter fans and live across the state. What to do? Maybe instead of using up my vacation days I can just play them online. Not to mention being able to find someone who is as good as me at Halo for a real challenge. If all your friends live in the same place and share the same interests that's great. For those that have moved or don't share the same interests as their friends well, we have an option too.

As for the 150, wait and see. We'll have a good list of em after E3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.