Predications for E3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Rare goes multiplatform (IGN certainly thinks so).

Fallout 3 is revealed.

Playable Doom 3.

>>>IMO Online gaming is for ppl with no real friends to play games with.<<<

[image=http://www.ex-x.net/images/icons/rolleyes.gif]

LOL, sounds like your suffering from a case of sour grapes. ;) You mean that everyone who plays Counterstrike has no friends in real life to play with? How the hell does a MMORPG factor into your statement? Is there some kind of console/PC game out there that will let 1500+ people hook themselves up in your living room? Is your living room even big enough to hold all those people? You must have one big arse couch.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!
  2. arabiansanchez Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Rare replied to the buy out and multi-platform rumours somewhere on their website and it aint happening.

No sour grapes here. Online is completely unnecessary in its present form and, IMO, is no more fun, and probably less fun, than playing 2 or 3 mates in the same room.
  3. Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My predictions are..

People will finaly know why Mario Sunshine, Starfox, and Metroid are gonna kick serious @$$? I hope a bunch of Clone Wars shots are shown, and bounty hunter too. E3 this year looks pretty damn good.
  4. Coligeon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Anyone got any ideas of what other PC games that are star wars will be revealed? Maybe Lucasarts will make an Obi Wan sequal in Episode 2 era? That'd be pretty sweet. I just hope there will be something great PC related besisdes Kotor.
  5. Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How about...
    An EP2 PC title? That would be great! :D
  6. Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan

star 4
  7. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i ihope rare don't mess with the goldeneye gameplay for PD Zero, why change a winning formula?
  8. tenorjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Coligeon-The only PC title besides KOTOR in the works that's been announced is Galaxies. You can hold out hope that the teaser is for a secret PC game but I wouldn't.

As for multiplayer vs online, you've got some pros and cons for both. LAN is the best of both worlds IMO but dragging around several computers or your X-box and a TV is a pain as well. You should read up on the X-box live though. It's an interesting, and surprisingly simple way to play online in the proposed state, plus the headset seems kinda cool so you can chat with someone and use strategy without having to type or fiddle with a microphone. Take your pick but while I like multiplayer, the lack of screen area and toned down graphics to accomodate 4 (or 8) people playing at once isn't cool.
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    The only PC title besides KOTOR in the works that's been announced is Galaxies

The only Star Wars PC title besides KOTOR in the works that's been announced is Galaxies.

Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb :)
  10. tenorjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh yeah forgot to put SW on that.
  11. arabiansanchez Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Agreed, online is fun but I, and probably the vast majority of gamers, won't be indulging in it for a good few years yet. The joy of actually seeing your opponent's face after you've defeated him 10 times is, however, priceless.

For the sake of not being bias, however, I will investigate the xbox live feature.
  12. Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Emperor's Tomb.. just sounds, well, sorta freaky to me. I think i'll stick with my Mario and Nintendo games. :D And then, some lucasarts. :)
  13. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Over at Mixnmojo there are rumours of Maniac mansion / DOTT console ports and a new Full Throttle game.

Keep those adventures coming, LEC!

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.