main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Predict the *Official* Name for The Clone Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    As I said in another thread, I'm not sure if they'll simply title it: Star Wars: The Clone Wars. While I like that title, LFL may think it's too similar to SW:Attack of the Clones.

I can see it being Clone Wars: Operation Rescue or something, similar to Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, etc.

Any thoughts?

2. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I'm thinking it will be Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Movie. I can just picture the logo we have been given for the show, with 'The Movie' under it. That way they can distinguish the theatrical release and avoid confusion for those who are unclear as to whether TCW is a movie or show.

3. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    They already have said that the name of the movie is going to be Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Sorry but no special name like your examples. The reason being is that this is the movie that kicks off the Clone Wars tv show. It wouldn't make sense to call it anything else.

4. Grievous93

Grievous93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2007
    I somewhat agree with you, though you must remember, the movie is only introducing the series; it's not the entire clone wars packed into one movie, so I do in some ways think it's possible it may be something else.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I think Lucas will keep it simple and it'll just be; Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

He'll want to title to be the same as the TV series, IMO.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    This kind of makes sense, though ...

I agree with those who don't think there will be a special title. Each individual episode will have those special titles. ;)

But having "The Movie" underneath it is still simple ... and still something they could do ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.