main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Preferred Series Finale? ("The Wrong Jedi" vs "Sacrifice")

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mr. Atom Bomb, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Which did you prefer as a series finale?

1. "The Wrong Jedi"

25.4%
  2. "Sacrifice"

56.3%
  3. I fail to grasp the concept of one-or-the-other questions and assert that they're both awful.

7.0%
  4. I also fail to grasp the concept of one-or-the-other questions, but assert that they're both great.

11.3%
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I do not think the Yoda Arc was useless, it just belonged in a book or as princethomas said, "a bonus." What I like most about the Yoda Arc is that one of the greatest Jedi masters discovers that he does not know everything about the Force and that he was wrong about life after death.

Circular Logic likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It may have been useless to you. And many others. That does not make it "useless" in its entirety, or to all folks.

3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I prefer the ending that leaves Ashoka dead via the lightsabre of one Darth Vader. But seeing as how there isn't one of those I thought the Yoda arc was pretty decent.

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Sacrifice is definitely an excellent ending to the series, The Wrong Jedi works as an ending too but Sacrifice really is just a great to end upon questions being answered. I will be always hungry for more from this show.

Would of been a dark way to the end the series, but I kinda figured the show would of ended around the events of ROTS and have nothing but dark stuff happening left and right. I would of liked the series to end in darkness, because that is simply what the show was progressing towards.

5. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a shame they weren't able to get that far, would've been cool to see the transition directly into ROTS.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If I HAD to choose (I think both arcs are pretty bad), I would say The Wrong Jedi was better because it ended the arc of a character, while the Yoda arc just left the door wide open for further exploration into what Yoda does with what he has learned, and jumping straight from the Yoda arc to ROTS makes the Jedi look like a bunch of idiots, IMO. I felt like the concepts introduced in that arc, like Yoda talking to Qui-Gon and why that must be kept a secret, or that Dooku is behind the clone army, sorely needed further arcs down the line to follow up on these and show what Yoda/the Jedi were going to do about all of this, and in light of not getting a follow up, I think it would have been better to just not have this arc at all, rather than follow Yoda on random "spiritual" trials, and end on the note of "well, we're ****** in The Clone Wars, but we may win in the long run anyway," when the Jedi never seemed so defeatist or pessimistic in ROTS. Quite the opposite, as the Outer Rim sieges were going very well, Dooku was dead, and the Jedi were optimistic that the war was wrapping up. Until Mace senses "a plot to destroy the Jedi," and this Yoda arc retroactively makes Mace look like an imbecile.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    For me, an arc about a character leaving, that in itself isn't a good enough reason for me to see the Ahsoka arc a better finale. Yoda arc was more epic, and just makes a lot more sense as a finale, not to mention the expelled Ahsoka cameo. I don't think the Yoda arc makes the Jedi look dumb, because visions aren't exactly proof of anything. But I like that it opened the door for interpretation and addressed big questions beyond TCW.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Sacrifice. I like Ahsoka and I thought The Wrong Jedi wrapped up her character nicely, but the Yoda arc as a whole was just so tragic... bittersweet? I also like that there's shades of the OT Yoda that I thought were generally lacking from the PT. And there was a bunch of imagery and foreshadowing for us crazy fans to sink our teeth into.

Circular Logic likes this.
  9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Sacrifice is the better finale in my opinion. The Wrong Jedi was a good finale for Ahsoka because she walked away from an order that didn't trust her used her murder trial as a flimsy excuse to say that her ordeal was her trials Jedi trials.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The problem that I have in deciding here is that well all know that this isn't truly the end. There were more stories that were told that just never got to be animated. Heck, from reading the synopsis, the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir would have been a kick arse arc, but were getting that in comic. It's hard to decide when you know that there is more out there and the ending being done becuase of some cheap merger in which GL failed to write in the preservation of the series. Which leads to another question, Why create something that your not backing up? This series should have been completed and reading Brett's newly released comments on the unaried episodes pisses me off more. Why should I continue to follow star wars? Why look forward to Rebels? For me these weren't real endings just important points in the series that ......we are still lucky that we got. The only saving grace that this series has for it to have a true ending is that one: the comic book series that is coming out must do well. two: the bonus content on netflicks have to also do very good and the last one is that next month the series must get a couple of Emmy wins. Maybe this will send Disney a message that the series needs to be finished.

I don't know why this thread was created but those aren't true endings, all they are...are important arcs that try to answer questions that were posed in the prequels that would lead to the events of ROTS.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My understanding is that this thread was created to discuss which of the two episodes fit best as the series finale because we didn't get to see the true series finale.

TCW appears to have been an unfortunate causality in a contract dispute between two competitors. That's not likely to happen again. Besides, Lucas only promised 5 seasons and they exceeded that. They should have had an exit plan since nothing is certain in the entertainment industry.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    As far as not getting a real ending, the good news is that with the microseries and EU gone, a LOT of previously claimed territory related to the Clone Wars has opened up. The show was compressed into a pretty small slice of time, but now there would be room for the Clone Wars guys to do a more wide-ranging project: Dooku's fall, Ventress' recruitment, Anakin's knighting, Grievous' origin, the first meeting of Anakin with his 501st troopers, Palpatine's kidnapping, and finish with the direct link right into ROTS. Something more in the nature of a miniseries or OVA where they concentrate on important stuff and skip the filler arcs.

I know it's more likely that this part of the timeline will probably get pieced out and become 10 novels, but as long as I'm dreaming, it would be sweet if they could have episodes set during movie events; they could start the show with the destruction of the Jedi cruiser on board the Trade Federation battleship -- chronologically the first shot fired in anger in Star Wars -- and work through Episode I from other perspectives. And you wouldn't have to stop at just linking into the opening of ROTS, you could go further and end the Clone Wars where it really does end: Order 66.

vong333 likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku's fall would have been about 10 years before the war broke out - since he was "Tyranus" when he recruited Jango.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Was the three year time span ever confirmed by Lucas or Filoni?

If the canon is the Star Wars films and TCW (plus future works), then the only concrete time frame given that I am aware of is Anakin stating 10 years has elapsed between TPM and AOTC. There's enough wiggle room there IMO to stretch out the duration of the Clone Wars, if the need arose. I mean, I wouldn't think that most people would refer to a time span of 2-3 years as "all those years ago" (Dooku's words).

My biggest complaints of Ahsoka's arc were:

• That the guilty party was predictable and people called it after the first episode + Filoni's subsequent deal-with-it attitude
    • The - IMO - immature way that Ahsoka leaves the order
    • The Jedi holding a trial for Ahsoka and pretty much defaulting to a guilty verdict when:
      • Their verdict was irrelevant given that the Republic would be conducting her trial
      • Their verdict seemed to hinge on "the Dark Side clouds everything, thus we say you're guilty"
    For the Yoda arc, I just thought it was a long arc about nothing. Why does this wise being(s) need to test Yoda, if she/they watch powerful beings in the galaxy and Qui-Gon has also been able to keep up to speed on galactic events, why bother testing Yoda? Couldn't they skip all that if they already knew what kind of person he was and go directly to the "we've chosen you" bit? I mean, I highly doubt that Obi-Wan had to run any such trials and yet Yoda/Qui-Gon/the Priestess seemingly chose him for training without the hoop jumping (that ate up three episodes).

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    The Wrong Jedi was a great finale to The Clone Wars, Sacrifice was a great finale to the Clone Wars. :D

16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    My preffered would have been neither of those...If I was Disney...I would have let them animate the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir arc then since we did not get any Ahsoka or Ventress a 2-3 issue arc of them that literally takes place as Order 66 is issued and they have to fight their way out of it....leave them alive and open for future options at the end of it.

vong333 likes this.
  17. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Sacrifice. Love Yoda (obviously) and I, like a previous poster, like that there were hints of the OT Yoda that began to peek through.

18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I was particularly thinking of the bit where he gets Anakin to spring him from the Temple medcentre [face_laugh]

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That scene made that arc for me.

Vthuil likes this.
  20. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Absolutely! I think that slightly mischeivous side of Yoda is what made me love him in the first place.

21. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Sacrifice, because I got to see the Valley of the Dark Lords be cemented within official canon.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Sacrifice, because for all I hated the name change, preserving Korriban and its wonderful history into the new canon makes it ten times better than the "Ahsoka is so great and innocent and sympathetic"-fest that was The Wrong Jedi.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The Wrong Jedi makes Ahsoka look great? That is news to me...

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I see some of you agree that these aren't true endings. Its hard for me to look at these and then look at Brett's "Batch series" and say that this was suppose to be the end. One poster said that GL said that we were getting just 5 years and yes, he did say that, but ending the series the way it did, did not complete it, nor does it inspire confidence. Some of you will of course say it is what it is, but if we get use to this, people won't stick around. People don't like things that aren't completed and we.....are not other series and should never have to compare or look at other series from star wars. Star Wars is Star Wars its own universe with nothing like anyone else. Comparing is bad and brings the value down