main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prelude 2 Hope searching for Shake compositors/3D modelers and animators

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DevonRead, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevonRead

DevonRead Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2004
    Hey all, greetings from the continent of Africa!

Prelude 2 Hope (the aptly named retooling/remaking/restarting-over-from-the-beginning of Prelude To Hope) has been picture locked and we have begun work on the visual effects in earnest. We have 126 VFX shots, ranging from the mundane (image stabilization) to the monumental (3d tracking and compositing) and we're in search for some talented artists to help with the work load. Because the two post prod supervisors will be finishing shots in Shake we'd prefer Shake 3 or 4 users but if your good with After Effects we're not about to turn you away. If you've played with Shake and are on the fence about picking it up (especially at the new $500 price tag) I'd be willing and able to hook it up for you for half off (yes, entirely legally) if you'd like to help out! That's right, Shake 4.1 Universal for $250!!

Here's a sample of the flick for your viewing pleasure and to get a feel for what kind of content would be worked on; the picture is locked but there has been ZERO sound effects editing and only one "mostly" completed VFX shot so be kind prelude scene. As an example, this scene has about a dozen shots requiring VFX, mostly just background lasers and whatnot with one slightly more complex shot near the end (you'll probably be able to guess what i mean).

If you're interested in lending a hand, just shoot me an email at devon@clearconcrete.com.

Also, we're still in need of a strong 3d modeler/animator. Any Maya experts still out there? 3DS?

Thanks for your time

2. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't know Shake, but I do know that's a great sequence. :)

3. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    It lives!!! lol

4. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    W'up Kurt - glad you dug it - got some AE or 3D skilz?

d

5. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    Aw man, I so want to be apart of this :D PTH was the first TFN trailer I saw; boy does it take me back. I'm going to do everything in my power to organize my schedule so I can help out. I'll be shootin' you an email in a couple days ;)

6. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    So uh... I'm gonna sound like a n00b... but will this now be about the rebels and empire, no Jedi or Dark Jedi like in the old trailer?

But yeah, sweet sequence.

-Semi

7. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    nothing n00blike about it - its always followed the same core story, albeit the old one had a Jedi and his evil brothers as part of that story. this incarnation is more about the soldiers of the war - the decisions they have to make, the sacrifices, the battles they fight. good question and thanks, we're stoked you dig the scene.

8. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    Aw... no lightsabers? [face_shame_on_you]

I jest. :p

Yeah, I really liked that video you posted. Stoked to see what happens with this project.

-Semi

9. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Damnit does this mean I have to actually work now????

That drive better be in the mail devon :p

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Hey all, greetings from the continent of Africa!

Oh yeah, don't bother to comment on THIS at all.

Anyway, I don't know the first thing about VFX so I can't help, but I wanted to post and say I'm glad this project is still alive, looking forward to seeing it one of these years :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey, FIG just finished slaving away for Trey Stokes, I know he's just REVVED UP and ready to go right back to compositing! ;)

12. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    Well, shoot - I linked the WRONG version of that scene, thats about a month old edit and i really wanted feedback of it's current incarnation. If you will, please check out this scene.

Peace out jiggas

13. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    you seem to be totally attached to that song...

14. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Aye, I'm in the same boat. (But without Shake at the moment. :p)

Hope to see this project continue to move forward - keep us updated! :D

15. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Love ya Dev, but.

*kills Chad*

Wait, what were we talking about?

16. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    That's awesome fig, we're stoked to have your talent on the project!

17. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    Just so everyone can see what we're looking for, here's a sample finished FX shot (with color correction, audio FX).

Thoughts? More volunteers?

18. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    That looks like it has some potential. I do not have Shake, but I have AE 7, so if you need any more compositors, PM me.

Steven

19. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    I emailed you so I could volunteer, but after my second email you haven't got back to me..:_|

20. DevonRead

May 26, 2004
    jim

sorry about that - i was preppin you a shot to get started on, i guess i forgot to say i was down with your idea

peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.