main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Darkness Beyond

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Empor, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    "War.... it raged throughout the galaxy. The Old Republic and the Sith Empire at each others throats. The constant blood shed, the mindless onslaught, not thinking of what lurked beyond their galaxies boarders.....

In the dark abyss, where the galaxy ended, where the light did not reach, laid worse things than death. You were blind to it, you allowed it to grow, to manifest, until it was too late. Just beyond the galaxy, where the last shred of light dimmed, was a rock. It was lifeless, and as black as the deep emptiness of space. However, its lifeless state, did not continue for long.

In The Great Hyperspace War, at the second battle of Korriban, where Empress Teta and her forces went to end the weakened forces of Naga Sadow, a ship was launched. Inside, were sith who had fled Korriban in hopes of survival, but for the majority of the fleeing passengers on board their hopes were torn away. The ship was shot as it was entering hyperspace, those near the right side of the engines were gone in an instant, and the rest of the ship was locked down. It did not last long in hyperspace, the shot knocked their ship off course and the co-ordinates placed it heading for the edge of the galaxy. Its low fuel lead it to coming out of hyperspace early, and as the engines of the ship finally died, it became nothing but a floating hunk of metal.

Years must have past, as it came out of hyperspace on the very edge of known space, it floated into the unknown. Some, taking their own life rather than risk the madness of nothingness and starvation. However there was one group that lived on, lived on with hope. Two sith, husband and wife, mother and father.....

The remainder of the crew tried to kill each other, so they could have the food and water for themselves, but it was the sith couple that prevailed. They drowned their love with darkness and fear, believing it allowed them to come together, but not be weakened by the emotion of love. The ship laid empty now, the two sith... and their son. The ship carried one Kolto Tank, it held a young boy inside, and had its own power source, letting it stay on as the ship died.

The ship continued to float into the darkness, the food that remained lasted them for another year, but it started to run out and soon there was nothing left. What happens next, hm, well I would call luck. The day the food ran out, was met with a thud from the ship, then another, and another, it became a continuous rumble, and the sith scrambled to what was left of the living quarters, where they looked out from a window, and saw distant stars crescent around something. Gravity was pulling them towards something, it was too dark to see from the fading emergency lighting, but soon the sounds of wind rushing past the ship were heard. They had entered the atmosphere of a world.

The ship was plummeting, there was no celebration, only the noise of the wind as the two realised their deaths were seconds away. After coming out of the atmosphere much of the ship was was torn and burnt away with no protection from the natural elements during its fall, and as it hit the ground, more debris flung from it, but the angle allowed it to scrape across the hard rock below them. The two parents were thrown around the ship, taking countless hits from the hard metal of the ship, breaking their bodies, before the loads of small pieces of gravel were shot into the ship and tore was was left of them away.

The dismantled ship slowed and came to a halt, and the sith.... Gone. However, the world did not return to its blackness yet. A small glimmer of blue and green shone among the rubble. buried under the rock and metal. A cracked kolto tank laid there, an empty, kolto tank.

Eventually the light ran out. The world returned to its isolated blackness; but in some way, this dark world became darker...."

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You sure have a talent for creating a cinematic atmosphere. The way you described the hopelessness of the edge of the Galaxy was just so deliciously And this is probably the only instance of an auto-slasher-techno-story I have run into on here. This starship is like the opposite of the Noah's Ark. These Sith passengers had the power greater than the coming darkness and they just...went and destroyed each other.

The moment the last glimmer of hope, in a colour that in no way symbolises good in these surroundings, dies, it's a total downer, but knowing the deal with the Sith, somebody will probably come across that kolto tank and draw their own conclusions from it. And that, that could prove my theory of your characters from the "side story", one of whom likely appears in the other "prelude" are misunderstanding history from these dark times.

So, yeah, I just asked you for more. Preferably in the same thread, since I understand that this is all a single universe, but whatever works. I must admit that it took me a while in order to figure out why the three things you wrote were in separate threads.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Read it.

Insufficient data for a review.

4. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    The Shadow Of Darkness
    Beyond the known galaxy, where the stars do not dare shine, lay a world, a world of ultimate blackness, nothing more than the unforgiving rock, and the consuming shadow over the world. It laid there, undisturbed, hidden from the eyes of the universe, until one unfortunate day, it received a visitor. A ball of fire, plummeting to the worlds surface, behind that, a bulk of metal, a dead man's ship. As it came to a steady halt, when the fires burnt out, the world fell back into darkness once more, and the noises of the dying ship stopped, but the world did not fall silent.....​
    The last light, came from the flickering, empty, kolto tank.... A short trail of broken glass, facing the direction of a tall mountain peak, where the closest star shone, but did not shine upon this world. Hours pass since the crash, the bones of those who died long before were soon buried by the sweeping gravel, along with the remains of the shredded sith parents, scattered across the crash site, but no noise could be heard.... Days, weeks, months.... forty years pass, and forty years the world laid hidden again. Then, a small whimper of wind can be heard, quiet at first, as if being sucked down into the planet. The noise gets louder and louder, what was once a whimper, now transforms into a gale, being sucked down into the world. As the sound of suction becomes louder, the dark worlds black surface, grows a shadow. On the mountain side, an ever growing circular shadow climbs in all directions along the mountain. However, this was not a mere shadow, what was once thought a shadow, soon appeared to be a gaping hole, the shadow of darkness.​
    The excruciating noise of the gale slowly stopped, and the abyss that had grown in the mountain side grew no further. Instead a new sound could be heard, faint at first, but coming up from the deep bowels of the world. The sound draws closer and closer, the ground begins to rumble, becoming more violent by each second, the noise turns into the sound of hard rocks clashing and slamming into the sides of the word, rapidly approaching the exit, and it is at the moment when....​
    An explosion, an explosion so loud, and so violent it turns up the worlds hard surface; while the debris from the explosion fires mercilessly through the worlds atmosphere, slicing through the dense black clouds and out into the never ending vacuum of space. The debris field of rock swirling around the rapidly travelling dark cloud, are soon flung from its grasp, leaving nothing but the extending line of darkness, leading from the devastated black world.​
    As the dark stretches from its home world, it continues to hide from the universe, a horizon of stars shining, but not sharing their light with the consuming cloud. As it continues to travel through space, it does not slow, its spirals and dark aura haunting and taunting all that lay before it. An age must have passed, and yet this force does not stop, but soon its destination becomes clear.​
    A familiar territory presents itself, a galaxy torn by war, a blind society with their sights set inwards, instead of what approaches. The darkness enters the home from which our story will now begin, when its sights become concentrated on a world, a frozen world, barren wastelands, and a ongoing conflict among its surface... The ice world unaware, unaware that the shadow of darkness is here.​

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    Sorry these can take a while, I am busy with work a lot, but when I get the chance I do enjoy writing and getting all creative over here. I hope to soon find a break in between where I can pump out a few 'chapters' of this and get into this story more.

Ewok Poet, the 'Prelude Continued' was a mistake, I did not realise I had posted it as a separate thread until it was done, but it could be seen as more of a teaser for this story, and won't be essential to continue understanding this. The 'Side Teachings' is meant to be a separate story, as even though it is the same universe and both stories do come together eventually, at the moment the layout, and where the stories are at the moment are so different, it would not make sense to have them among the same thread. At least not at this point.

Hope you all enjoy reading this, I know it can be slow, but this is all just setting up and introducing the larger and more ambitious events to come!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    Response Team
    "Check radio..... Confirmed......" Radio static is heard, break in the radio.
    "This is Hoth Imperial Response Team Omega." Radio break.
    "Facility located, advancing on position." Radio break.
    "No visible hostiles, securing perimeter" Radio break.
    "Discovered blaster burns along the walls, no signs of any bodies." Radio break.
    "Perimeter secured.... Let's get this done." Radio break.
    3 hours of Radio silence.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "This is Lieutenant Watt, ground level facility secured, overwatch active, all units check in." Radio break.
    "Sergeant Vanfo check." Radio break.
    "Corporal Volin check." Radio break.
    "Corporal Kazaz check." Radio break.
    "Communications Johnson check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Heavy Division Manford check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Heavy Division Abat check." Radio break.
    "Private, Reconnaissance Division Luvata check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Infantry Division Uagua check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Infantry Division Popolla check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Infantry Division Kesif'ra check." Radio break.
    "Private, Snow Trooper Infantry Division Owatan check." Radio break.
    "Officer, Chiss/Imperial Relations Division, Buv'ya tano check." Radio break.
    "Manford, Kesif, secure south entrance, Abat, Owatan, north entrance. Popolla, Uagua, Buv'ya, guard supplies in the recreational sector. Luvata, get on the roof watch our outa perimeter. Johnson, Volin, with me at security. Sergeant Vanfo, Corporal Kazaz, patrol the 2nd level, and secure short ranged communications. Reinforcements are due in 1.5 hours. Lieutenant Watt, out." Radio break.
    1 Hour radio silence...
    Radio static can be heard, Sergeant Vanfo breathing heavily. "This is Sergeant Vanfo..... Advancing upon, target location..... Corporal Kazaz, is holding position on 2nd level...." Radio break.
    "Closing in on position.... approaching mess hall. Mess all blast door is down." Radio break.
    "Outside mess hall blast doors..." Radio crackling, faint metal clashing noises can be heard in the background. "Target location behind the blast doors." Louder banging sounds can be heard. "Attempting to breach." Radio break.
    "Door breached, moving in....... No confirmed targets, noise has stopped. No sign of any bodies, plates have been left, looks like they were in a rush." Radio break.
    "Confirmed, secure the mess hall....." Short radio break.
    "Nothing here, mov-------" Radio crackle, radio break.
    "This is Luvata, reinforcements, 2nd team approaching facility, north side." Radio break.
    "Roger that Luvata, hold position. Abat, Owatan, open the north entrance doors to our reinforcements, continue to secure north entrance." Radio break.
    "This is Heavy Abat, confirmed order sir." Radio break.
    "All other units, continue to hold positions until further orders. Let's keep this smooth." Radio break.
    Hoth Imperial Response Team, Republic Mining Facility, Data Recordings #1 End.......​

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    sorry that it may seem clumped up, something went wrong when posting, and for some reason when I attempt to edit it, this does not make any improvements, I have tried to create a creative layout, so aside from some of it clumping up, I hope you enjoy.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The creative layout makes it pretty fun, actually! I assume the people involved in the transmition came across the McGuffin or actually-important (still not sure) tank, but that somebody got there before them.

Also, the narrator clearly breaks the fourth wall. To quote a fellow enthusiastic reviewer: I will fill that in, for later. :)