main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prelude-NJO, Jaina/Jag

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jainasolo2001, Jun 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    This is my first fanfic, and to be honest, I don't know where to start. If this sucks, well... sorry.

The day had finally come; after almost a year, Jaina Solo was returning to Rogue Squadron. A sensation of eagerness and homecoming surged through her as her x-wing glided through the hanger bay. 'Strange', she thought, 'I'm happier coming here than I was going home.' Remembering the anger she felt when she was sent home after her accident. 'Is it bad though?' she mused, 'I was sent where I was useless, against my will, I could have flown still. Oh well, no use worrying about it now, at least I'm going back.'
    As she exited her craft, she noticed that not much had changed. Pilots still scurried around minding their own ships; newer recutes flew in the sims to her right; a class a pilots studying tactics to her left; Colonels' offices ahead of her...
    "Well, I see my compotition is back"... a flat voice said behind her.
    She whrilled to greet Jagged Fel. Like the surroundings, he too hadn't changed much. He still bore his dark uniform with red stripes.
    His hair, a tad longer, still held the striking white streak, that Jaina noticed, made him look distinguished.
    "Colonel" Jaina simply greeted him.
    His eyes glanced over her, 'I wish he wouldn't do that' she thought as a blush rose to her cheeks.
    "I heard of your 'accident', and I must say, only pilots of great skill survive such a terrible ordeal."
    "Thanks," 'I think' she replied
    "Of course, It takes pilots of greater skill to prevent accidents."
    "I know this" she stated checking her voice for anger.
    "Don't take that statement wrong Jaina Solo, you did what you could," the patronizing tone in his voice made her cringe. 'How dare he? Coming up to me with a greater than thou attitude, thinking his poodoo smells like perfume!'
    "With practice, you will learn different tactics to use in desporate situations, so next time you will prevent any injuries to yourself or a wingmate."
    "There won't BE a next time, I'll make sure of that." she spat.
    "You are a remarkable pilot, Lieutinant, but as I recall you get defeated in most of the sims you fly"
    So that was what he was wanting! He couldn't stand it any longer. He had gone a year without challenging her and it ate at his core.
    She took the bait.
    "Care to make that statement untrue?"
    "Is that a challenge?"
    "Take it as you will."
    "You have yourself a challenge. We sim against each other, wing to wing, in say... and hour."
    "Your on."

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I like your story! Post more soon!

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Good so far. Can't wait for the sim. :D

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Yea! Another Jaina/Jag story! Keep up the great work, I can't wait to read the next post!

5. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Aww, shucks guys, and I thought you wouldn't like it! I'll put more up soon as possible; maybe this evening or tonight.

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    New Jaina/Jag fics are always welcome. :)

7. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Sweet-- post more soon! :D

8. LTJainaSolo

LTJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2001
    and of course i show up, the Master Lurker of Jaina Fics. :) this looks cool, post some more please

9. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    lol...practically all the usernames on this page are Jaina ones! ;)

10. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Well, here goes...

The evening had been reletively quiet, as Gavin Darklighter noticed, not many people were scurrying about and not to many requests for dismissal. 'It's almost too quiet.' he thought.
    "Hello Colonel," Wedge Antilles voice greeted him, friendly as usual.
    "Wedge, listen," and he paused, "Whats with the silence?"
    "Haven't you heard? It's only the event everyone has been waiting for."
    "Apparently I haven't." Darklighter answered.
    "My nephew and Jaina Solo are heading it off in the sims. It's gathering quite a crowd."
    he said with a bright smile.
    "This could be interesting. I'm not going to miss this."
    Wedge laughed, "Me neither."

Outside the simulation area a small crowd gathered to watch the simulation holo screens. Blue skinned Chiss closed in on Fel's side and Rogues on Jaina's.
    As Jaina Solo climed in her sim, she felt a mixture of nervous excitement mixed with intense fear of losing. 'I can't let him win, I'll never live it down.' she thought.
    Suddenly a burst of static came through on the comm.
    "Be prepared Solo." It was Jag. His voice dripped with intimidation.
    "I am, I'm prepared to vape you." She said with her fair share of cockiness.
    'Well here goes...'

Jagged Fel enjoyed challenges, expecially from adequate opponents. The moment he heard that Lieutinant Jaina Solo was returning to Rogue Squadron, he planed on this sim.
    As he climed in his simulation cockpit, he felt confident, but at the edge of his mind was a fear of losing to her. 'I won't allow myself defeat, I must win.'he thought. He had always lived on the theory that intimidation was the key to victory, and he planned to use this tactic with Jaina.
    "Be prepared Solo," A line that got him many victories in the past.
    "I am, I'm prepare to vape you." she said.
    'Oh, so this is the kind of game you want; you've got it.'

As Gavin Darklighter and Wedge Antilles approached the simulation area, they noticed that the crowds were segregated into Chiss and Rogues. On the screens two X-wings rolled, swayed, looped, and fired. Both sustaining little damage from the other.
    "They're almost equally matched." Antilles commented to Darklighter.
    "One on One combat is difficult, but I wonder how either would do with a fleet of skips on their tails."
    "Thats an idea!" Wedge said with a mischeivious glint in his eye.
    "What do you have in mind?" Darklighter asked
    "Lets reprogram the sims to have attacking skips. And see how they fare."
    "Antilles, thats the most decietful, cunning idea I've heard in a while...lets do it!"

While Jaina was executing a quick loop to dodge a folly of fire Jag Fel was sending her, a faint tingle of warning itched at her mind. She pushed the comm.
    "Hold up, Colonel, I'm sensing something."
    "That will not work with me." was his response.
    Then she saw them, distant in the simulation background,a fleet of skips approached them.
    "Look starboard if you don't believe me."
    "We had this sim programed for one on one combat, not destroying fleets."
    "Well, now its not." she said
    "Someone wants to challenge us." he said, almost sounding giddy. "I'm up for it if you are."
    "After you, Colonel."

"Watch your tail!" Jag fairly yelled to her through the comm. Together they had vaped 4 skips, they only had 3 to go.
    Jaina jammed her stick portside to dodge the blaster fire aimed at her boosters. It would have been an instant kill.
    "Thanks."
    "I'll take this one to the right, you take left and we'll both get the last one. Copy?"
    "As ordered Colonel."

Jag repositioned himself to the offense formation by looping around the skip. 'Better to chase than be chased.' was the thought that occured to him. He aimed his target to a spot on the skip that he knew was vulnerable, and he showed no mercy as he hit the trigger repeatedly. Suddenly the skip burst into a flamming ball. He glanced over to see that Jaina had also defeated her skip because it blew into a ring of fiery debris.
    "Last one, lets get it" she said joy in her voice.
    Their X-wings swayed and flew in harmony as they attacked the opposing

11. mara_skywalker

mara_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2001
    I love the story so far. please put up more and don't keep us waiting long

12. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    *Begs, pleads, and does special favors* Want some beignuts? Maybe a nice ryshcate? Or perhaps you'd prefer a six-course meal. Your wish is my command-- I must read more! *g*

13. LTJainaSolo

Mar 19, 2001
    this is really great:)

14. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow, that was great! Please post more! ::puppy dog look::

15. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Alrighty Sticks, I'll have the filet minon, extra well done, a nice baked potato, no butter, and peeled grapes :} No really, you guys, I appreciate the feedback, but to be honest, I'm making this up as I go, so be a little patient with me, I'll try to get a post everyday, but, as things go, it's not always possible. This is really great, I'm the new kid on the block and I feel so appreciated! I've been reading y'alls stories for a while, and I thought, 'wow, I wonder if I could do this?!' So, if you want posts, I need your posts for inspiration!
    Now hop to that steak!

16. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh, that was good.

So, uh, while they're making the fillet minion (sp?), what would you like me to make you for dessert? Brownies? Cookies? A ten layer cake?

17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Verbal sparring is always fun. Good update! :)

18. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Thanks for the spell check womp rat, I've never been the dictionary type.
    And I'll take all of them please :)
    Oh, man, why do I feel like I've created a monster?!

19. LTJainaSolo

Mar 19, 2001
    uh, im not writing any good stories but i WILL take those cookies....:)

20. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    That's not a monster. It's an ego. Ah, the ego, the thing that snub fighter pilots and fanfic writers live off of. ;)

21. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Of COURSE it isn't ego, ME have an EGO?
    No way, why would you say something like that? You have offended the great jainasolo2001, now you must wait until this evening for your post (even though I was going to wait until this evening anyway)

And muchos kudos to all my fellow hopeless romantics!

22. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    OOOH I just found this! Yay another Jaina story! :D

23. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    You know, I just noticed there are only 4 people posting here that don't have Jaina as their user picture. LOL.

Ego isn't bad. In fact, I'm sure my story wouldn't have come as far as it has without some ego. ;)

Hopeless romantic? That's not me. I'm the action crazed fool. ;)

24. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    *Brings out a steaming platter* Your fillet minion, ma'am. *g* Now may we have another post?

25. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great Story!

Post more when you figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.