main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prelude to Rebellion question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cappy97, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cappy97

Cappy97 Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    I saw Ki-Adi-Mundi has wives and kids. How is this possible since personal attachments are forbidden by the Council?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    im pretty certain it's explained in the comicbook, it's to do with the gender balance on the planet, or rather the lack of it. men are outnumbered by women by about 10 to 1, or something like that, so every man is required to marry and produce children in a bid to boost the balance and secure the future for the people by having male kids

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Ki-Adi had a rare exception due to the genetic requirements of his people. He dwells upon the subject briefly in Republic #62, I believe (in Clone Wars Volume 5).

5. Cappy97

Cappy97 Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    Thanks Matt and T2Q! (I am reading in chronological order and haven't reached #62 yet...LOL)

Outside of that and the placement of the Secrets of the Jedi section that deals with Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan and Tahl's death along with Obi-Wan's 18th birthday I haven't encountered anything else that seems awkward...

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

More males than females, hence their biblically prohibitive polygamy. He was granted a special authorisation to be fruitful and multiply, to avoid the conicals from dying out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.