main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

premier problem

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by davre_gamob, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davre_gamob

davre_gamob Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    i can successfully do all the editing i need in preimer, but when i go to render or save the film as a regular movie file, i only get a black screen. whats the problem? do i have to have the video and sound files in specific folders? whats the deal?

2. frosthsky

frosthsky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2002
    Strange, a friend of mine had the same exact problem. He never figured out what was wrong. After a while it stopped happening to him.

*shrugs* Maybe it has something to do with the compression.

3. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    yeah- i would try a different codec- what are you using for your compressor?

4. davre_gamob

Aug 12, 2002
    i tried compressing it into sorenson, as well as pretty much everything. im beginning to wonder if its pulling on of the things that was wrong with Radiant (a jk2 level maker). in order to fully complete a level, all the files had to be in a certain folder. i wonder if i have to have all of my files in a certain folder.

the only thing i want to be able to do right now is get my filmstrip into photoshop (with actual video). i can worry about encoding it later after its fully edited. do you guys know of any tutorials on how to properly set up premier?

5. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    NO! Your files do NOT need to be in a separate folder. What version are you running on.
    To save as a film strip, which is going to be HUGE. We would not recommend anything more than five seconds. Most shots aren't even five seconds in fight scenes. They're quick! Watch Lord of the Rings, you'll see what I mean.
    So first edit your shot the way you want it. Save the shot, because if something goes wrong, you'll have to re-edit the shot. Select the clip, go to File > Export Clip > Movie > Settings > File Type > Filmstrip > OK. Type in the name of the file and hit Save.
    Open Photoshop and open the flm file. Again, length consideration. The filmstrip is 30 frames a second if it's digital video. So you will be rotoscoping onto a lot of frames! And they are full resolution frames.

6. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    And don't forget when you export a filmstrip to make sure that cropping is turned off - I forgot this once and had to re-rotoscope the whole scene...

7. davre_gamob

Aug 12, 2002
    well i got something to work. i fooled around with a clip from the Formula and successfully got it into a filmstrip file in photoshop. im guessing that premier just dont like .avi files. so i suppose i try to import my files as mpegs or something other than .avi files.

ill keep you guys posted as i continue to work on my fanfilm.

8. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    premiere is perfectly fine with .avi's. in fact, when you capture a video to your computer through premiere it exports the footage as a .avi file

9. davre_gamob

Aug 12, 2002
    my premier dont like avis, then. it cant work with captured video, but it can work with every other file type for some reason.

10. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    WHAT?! What version are you running?! Premiere will handle *.avi files just fine. How big are the files? Did you get any error messages?

11. DarthBaseball

DarthBaseball Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2002
    I have had a similar problem. After I capture my footage into premiere, I can view it with no problem, but after I export it into a filmstrip, it opens up blank, like nothing was exported. This happened about 3 months ago, and my brother fixed it, but now he doesn't remeber having that problem, so i can't ask him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.