main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Premiere crashes on start-up -- can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by OBI-JUAN2002, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI-JUAN2002

OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2001
    Hi,

I've been having this very strange problem for a couple of days and I decided to post here in case anyone can help.

From one day to the next, Adobe Premiere 6.0 stops working. It has never given me any problems before, but one day, when the program is starting up, it pops out a window "this program has generated errors and will be closed".

I reboot my computer. Same thing happens.
    I uninstall and reinstall Premiere. Same error.
    I uninstall Premiere and install it on a different hard drive. Same error.
    I uninstall Premiere, I re-install my OS (Windows 2000 pro) and install Premiere. Same error.

Any idea what may the cause of this strange thing may be?

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Since you've re-installed the OS and the software I would say it's time to call Adobe.

3. OBI-JUAN2002

Sep 30, 2001
    I wanted to see if anyone here has an idea before I call them... Adobe's Expert Support isn't free!

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Have you just re-installed the operating system over itself, or have you formatted the hard drive and gone from scratch? It could be a virus - there are a lot of them going around (yes yes... in this case I'm not refering to Premiere, or Microsoft software as a virus).

-Spiff

5. OBI-JUAN2002

Sep 30, 2001
    Actually, with help from Adobe.com, I found out where the problem lies. These four plug-ins are the ones that make premiere crash. They all seem quite important (I can run premiere without them, but I can't read any divx avis)

cm-vfw.prm
    cm-wav.prm
    rm-avi.prm

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.