main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Preparation's for March meeting. PLEASE READ, RESCHEDULE!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Since I'm the first one back and we said that it would be best to decide on a date at a later time I made this thread to plan it.(that's a run on sentence if I ever saw one)Next month I'm good anytime as far as I know right now except fridays.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    As of right now, I am good to meet any time except for March 3rd. For the meeting place, we could see Lord of the Rings with the new Two Towers trailer attached at the end, or just a sit down at Borders is fine with me.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'd like to see the extra footage, when do they start with that?

4. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I'm up for doing etheir one, seeing the new trailer would be cool though. I'll look at work and see when my next weekend off is. It was nice meeting you guys at Borders to.

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    There is not a certain date for the Two Towers trailer/footage, but I have been told March 15 specifically by one person in theonering.net's chat room. If we do this, perhaps we can use the opportunity to speak with the management of one of the theaters while we are there, hmmm?

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That would be a good idea, I'm all for it.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    This would be a good time to talk to someone about AOTC's, we should pick the theater that everyone would be happy with. Let's start a list of local theaters.

Waterwork's
    Loewes Waterfront
    Showcase Cinemas

Feel free to add your theater to the list.

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm fairly open about which theater, but I'm going to push for setting a date fairly soon. I've promised my aunt I'd come down for a weekend visit in March and would rather the two activities didn't conflict with each other . . .

9. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I vote Loews Waterfront. maybe I could finally get to see y'all. :)

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    As I see things, the theater we choose should be either the Loews Waterfront or Waterworks. I can't stand watching a movie in Showcase. It's like a giant shoebox. I am pretty sure that Waterworks will work with us, so we should explore what Loews has to offer and if they don't want us there then we have Waterworks to fall back on.

We should get togther as a group to see The Two Towers trailer in the middle or end of March. That way we could meet with someone from management and get a feel for how willing they are to work with us. They have about 412 different managers, so it's important that we speak with either the Managing Director or the manager in charge of pronotions, or both, and if they won't grant us a meeting with one of those too, then kiss Loews good bye. If they do want us there we will also have to folow-up and explore some other issues, like whether or not Loews owns the area outside of the building where we would be waiting. Another issue we could inquire about is waiting inside at night. Loews is cheap, so they have a Mexican/Latin American cleaning crew come in late at night/early in the morning and I think that there is always someone in the building, so maybe we could pull it off!

Also, we should try to get a charity involved so that people can donate their spare change when they walk by. The first step is arranging the meeting though.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I say we meet in the next to last weekend of March, preferably on the sunday. We could see LotR, arrange a meeting with the management of Loew's before or after the show and then get finalize or continue the search for our theater choice for AOTC after we meet with the Loew's management.

I'm all for gettting a charity, this is something we would have to pick pretty soon.

I also have been thinking a getting tshirts done for the celebration and AOTC's would anyone be interested? Once we get a design done they would be around 15.00 a piece. Th emore we get made the cheaper.

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the idea of t-shirts for Celebration2. (So who's going to volunteer to design and make them?) As for AOTC, it was my impression we were going to that in costume . . .

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll dress up the day it comes out, but if I'm cmping out I'm wearing regular clothes.

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I did the tshirts for the Episode One line. The tshirt stand in Monroeville mall gave us a discount and it came to under $20 per shirt there.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm sure if we would put the name of the place on the shirt somewhere it could be even cheaper.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Another option for tshirts, depending on how many you want made and the size of the design.

They sell this great craft product that allows one to make ones own iron on transfer, either using a computer printer or photocopier (actually, its two different types of paper, depending) Cost comes out to about a buck a sheet (size of a letter sized piece of paper), color copies on a photocopier run about a dollar each, tshirts (check out kmart or walmart) run about $7 (less if you hit a sale) . . . Total cost, around $9 each, plus the labor of ironing the design onto the tshirt . . .

Just throwing out another idea. Depending on the design, it might be easier to let the professional tshirt place do it . . .

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    How does March 24th sound for everyone, it's a sunday? I need to get this months meet together rather quick now if we want to meet with the Loews manager.

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    When we meet with management and they don't sound too thrilled with the idea of us being there, we can present them with an ultimatum. Basically, we tell them that they can work with us and have somewhat of an organizied line, or they can reject us and face mass confusion. If the Loews management has any type of respect for how things occur on opening night, they will decide to work with us.

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    That date is ok for me. Some things we might want to talk about with management if they are willing to let us line up there:

1. Whether or not Loews owns the sidewalk area and parking lot around the theater. It's possible that they have no control over things directly outside of the theater.

2. Would it be possible to move the line inside the building during the night before the premiere? Since Loews usually has a cleaning crew in there at night, it is possible that they will allow us to do this. Maybe we could convince them to have a manager stay throughout the night.

3. Will they allow us to use any promotional material as prizes to give away. Last time, Waterworks gave away some stuff.

And on our own we can discuss (here or at the meeting):
    - What charity would should try to use
    - Should we make a banner?

Please bring up any other concerns.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    How about starting a thread to ask everyone for charity suggestions, then vote.

Habitat for Humanity is a nice charity.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    OK, Sunday, March 24th it is let's say 1:00PM.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Unless someone objects by sunday I'm posting the meeting as:

Where: Loew's Waterfront Cinema, in the Lobby
    When: Sunday, March 24th, 1PM
    Why: To see Lord of the Ring's and to meet with the management of the theater reguarding Episode II.

Or we could wait until the 31st and see the new footage that will be added starting the 29th.

I need to know if this is ok with you guys so I can set up a meeting with the management of Loew's.

23. BlackSunBDP

BlackSunBDP Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Either date is fine with me, it sounds like fun. If we're going to go to Lowe's, may I suggest as well, that after the movie, we go over to Barnes and Noble since it's right there and just have a massive SW discussion?

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm cool with that. Sunday is my off day from work and I don't have anything to do beside's sit around the house and bug my family.

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The 31st sounds better because of the new footage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.