main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preparations for Meet #8

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I know Meet #7 hasn't happened yet, but it will soon. I'm a little restless, so I've decided to make the Meet #8 thread.

Well, does anyone have ANY ideas? I don't have any. I suppose most of you want to have a meet in Boston and I don't mind that at all, its just a train ride away.

So...anyone?

Oh wait, I have one. You know those duck boats from WWII, the ones that can go in the water and on land? I think somewhere in Boston this guy has one and gives tours in it. I think that would be wicked cool.

2. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I don't think they give tours in the winter, though. Gets kind of cold, being in an open-air landing craft on the water, y'know.

3. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah, I forgot about the weather.

Well, does anyone have any other ideas?

4. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Hows this??

how about a visit to the Boston Public Library(or someplace similiar),we could try and get a plan together to get Celebration 3 to Boston!!

we could work out who we have to talk to,a proposal for the camber of commerce,and whatever else it might take to get it here.

I dont know about the rest of you but I love the idea about trying to get it here,for one its something Boston really needs,theres never anything that cool in town.and for another thing it'll put the Boston Rebels on the FanForce map along with some of the other FanForce's.

Sound good to you guys?

5. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    The library isn't really a "fun" trip. A museum would be fun, cuz there are exhibits and such. I really have no idea where to go. Is it too early for Episode II? ;)

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    well I wasnt thinking so much as in a fun (although it could turn out that way)meeting.I just thought it would be a good idea to get together and discuss the possibility of getting celebration III to Boston.It doesnt have to be the Library,I just thought the library was a good place to actually sit down and have a discussion about it.Anyplace will really do.

7. Elrond

Elrond Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    What about a Celtics game? Tickets are only 10 bucks! I think that would be fun!

8. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    LOL Sorry I forgot I was signed in on the other name I have here.

So how about the Celtics>?

9. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Sure. Are there any large book stores in Boston? We were once talking about a Borders meet. They have a cafe and everything. So far, all of the ideas sound good.

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    There are few good sized book stores in Boston.The one in Kenmore is huge,I think its a Barnes and Noble,Its like 5 stories high.

A celtic's game might be kinda hard to discuss anything about Celebration III,it gets kinda loud at a game.

I know I might sound like I'm pushing this,but I am serious about trying to get it to come to town.

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    And I'm not a basketball fan.

There's a good sized(two story) Barnes & Noble not far from the Common. But we can't stay there for the entire meet. But Cheers isn't all that far from there(though it's not exactly close, I'd say it's a ten minute walk).

12. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll do whatever. I'm up for anything, because I can probably make it into Boston (if I have some notice).

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I wouldn't mind discussing Celebration. I think it would be awesome if it came to town.
    I like the bookstore/library idea. Borders has a cafe and such were we can sit down.
    A Library would be good because we would have internet access.

14. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    NOOoooooooooooooooooo celts game it would go against everything I've said in the past.

15. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Bookstore, and then Cheers afterwards?!?

We should go on my birthday, and I'll be able to buy a drink. :)

16. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I can buy a Coke :).

I like the book store idea best, but as I said, I'm up for anything.

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Plus, we can have a walking disucussion as we march from the bookstore to Cheers.

18. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I've actually never been to Cheers...

...what? Is it famous or something :p?

19. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    That sounds good to me, my history teacher actually works at Cheers lol.

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    A lot of people from my school work at Cheers. This is the Cheers on Beacon St., right?

Ok, so when is the meet going to be? Hopefully sometime after Feb. 2nd... ;)

21. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    The library isn't really a "fun" trip. A museum would be fun, cuz there are exhibits and such.

Hey! ;) Ever been in the BPL? They have a lot of art exhibits -- John Singer Sargent, Chevannes, Elliot, Edwin Abbey... there's a place for a mural from Whistler that they're still waiting for, and the statue that was banned in Boston for promoting youthful drinking. :) (It really is on the tourist route, btw.)

It would be a good place to talk, depending on what part of it you want to go to. (The pretty old part is mostly for researchers, who might not much appreciate a large, loud discussion.)

We could always go someplace like Cheers (whose real name I'm blanking on; it's not a half bad little place, overpriced and touristy or not).

The MFA is always cool, but fairly expensive.

(Yes, the Duck tours are only from Memorial Day to Labor day. I keep forgetting to take one.)

We could be oh-so-original for sf fans and do the science museum.

Where else? The Pru? Not much of a place to sit down and talk. Fanueil Hall? If it's nice weather, we could just walk the freedom trail and talk while we walk (you can tell I'm not a native; I totally walk the red line in the sidewalk, as often as possible). The Isabella Stewart Gardner museum? (Also pricey, but kinda nice.) Just do a tourist thing, then find a dull place to settle down and plan? (The Old State House is kind of neat, and the Adams houses down in Quincy.)

Shrug. I love lots of places in Boston, and I can see them any time. What are the criteria?

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm sorry this is off topic but when did you guys get a website? I added a link to it on the Pittsburgh website. You guys might want to ask other fanforce chapters to trade links, to get some extra hits. And also ask MysterySith to put the link where the TFN FanForce link is at the top of the page.

23. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    They are all good ideas Galadrial. We already did the science museam though. I still like the bookstore idea and cheers.

24. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Rox, I think it's from when Eric posted pics from one of our meetings, but I'm not sure.

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    We've had a site since November, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.