TOR Preparations - Guild Naming and Voting

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sarge221, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, all the preparations going on are for the people of these here forums :p There didn't seem much planning going on as to where we should all go and play with one another so...here the thread be! :D

The name suggestion will be taken under advisement :D Maybe if we can we can get a quick vote in here about possible names for guilds. Hooper's Heroes and Omnipotent Force will be two suggestions for the Republic guild I guess and as for the Empire guild....we will see [face_laugh] Right now I'm assuming that the guilds won't really be that important in the beginning but it would probably be good to have one just in case if only to better help bring people together.

Eh, five days...we'll see if we can get a quick vote in. If anything the guild can be a placeholder for something different but I have a feeling that this will be something that will be taken care of after the launch :p

Glad to have you aboard nonetheless!
  2. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, dubbing I meant voice-dubbing.

Well, games have not yet made wide use of the language switch. Actually one tried, but I don´t remember which one (Crysis?). And yes, usually the German versions are incompatible with english ones. I don´t know why the hell that is, but in the past that was what happened when they kicked out our versions.

And considering most players will be 12-15 I guess it is pretty fair to say they won´t be that good in English. So that is why they use localized versions. Anyway, I can wait and see, as I won´t join so fast. Too busy. A sign of growing old, when you let the early access slip, is it? [face_laugh]

And actually I think Vader was okay in German. The Emperor is amazing. He had a very own interpretation which I always thought was great (beware, the actor who did it died before prequels, so there we got another voice). Who is terrible is Luke. I really hate his voice.

3. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Signs of Old Age: Early access slippage :p

Speaking of which, we have four days until early access for TOR so, at the very least, I thought we could at least start discussing possible guild names so that we can get a guild up as soon as we want :p So if you guys want, we can all suggest guild names that we can use to call our Republic and Empire guilds which we will later vote on.

Right now the names we have are...

Republic
    The Omnipotent Force
    Hooper's Heroes
    Forces of Light

Empire
    10005 Legion(?)

Like I've been saying, I mostly expect our guilds to be up at least a couple days after the early access of TOR starts which isn't really a problem as we'll be busy leveling and, don't forget, not all of us have early access so when the game is released for the rest of the public they all have somewhere to go. So if you have any name suggestions for the guilds, feel free to go ahead and mention them. I'll list all the names and I'll start a second voting session to decide on what our guild will be called :D

As for our server name, shall we just go ahead and pick the Canderous Ordo server? :p I don't think the name really matters all that much and since there have been European players that have played on the East Coast servers with very little to no difficulty, I figured we could just go ahead and pick it so that we already know where we want to go to play.

Of course, if anyone would rather play on a West Coast server if they feel that its better for European players, feel free to object to the Canderous Ordo server. After all, despite having been in the beta, it is entirely possible that there won't be a Canderous Ordo server when the game releases.
  4. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Are we going Republic or Empire?

I'd prefer Republic, myself, but we can do Empire too.
  5. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Either or I guess; doesn't really matter to me though I had prefered playing my Consular first. A bunch of people seem to be going Empire first so.. *shrugs* I mean if others like Winged and Jello are going to be playing Empire first then I may just make my Bounty Hunter first. And if they end up having busy lives or something I'll just play around on my Consular. Or we have secret Republic spies that are only going to make themseles known on launch day and we can play over with them [face_laugh] I think this'll be yet another case of take it as it comes as, either way, I know I'll be making at least two characters [face_laugh]

Anyway, for those who are keeping track of this thread, I believe today is the day for early access! If anyone is wondering, its been decided that Canderous Ordo will be our server of choice to play on!

If you would like, go ahead and post your character name and class and maybe we can all get together for sone questing and flashpoints! :D
  6. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    For anyone that wants to add me, I started 2 chars this morning on Canderous Ordo-PvE server to reserve my names:

Jedi Consular: Zander

Imperial Agent: Thantaz'andi'ranvir- Core name- Zandir :p

7. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  8. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, seems that ZanderSolo is one of the lucky few that actually got into the Early Access Beta on time [face_laugh] In fear of overload, Bioware has staggered early access entries so some will get their early access today, some tomorrow, etc.

Argh, why you do this Bioware? :p
  9. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm going to be Mischa, a Miraluka Jedi Knight.

Assuming nobody takes my name. [face_worried]
  10. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I actually didnt get in until 3rd batch of invites.

Once I did, tons of people were raging that they pre-ordered at X time on July 21st so they should've been first in.

I was just happy to be in. Preordering first day paid off for once instead of feeling cheaply used by brand loyalty like most games.

Already into Shadow Infiltration tree by several points.
  11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'll probably be waiting for a while, I think I didn't pre-order until after my first beta weekend in November.
  12. D-Ludicrous Force Ghost

star 1
    I would love to be a part of this. I want to be a Republic Trooper My vote would be for an East Coast Republic PVE server.
    For the Guild name I was thinking of something completely different non-Star Wars related,
    "The Frogstar Fighters". Those of you who have read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books should remember what this is. For Star Wars related I wanted to have "Shirtless Palpatine" as reference to the running joke on the ForceCast put some months ago when I tried to create the Guild I wouldn't let me.

Maybe would we could be "Carrack Hands" in reference to Zayne Carrack and a spin on the Emperors Hand.

13. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    Jedi Consular Mirkkart on Canderous server.
  14. DarthRevan211 Jedi Master

star 1
    Why not a guild called TFN?

Anyways, I'm glad I chose Canderous Ordo before seeing this thread. :p How do we join in the guild?
  15. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Right now the guild hasn't been created and we're just discussing ideas for it such as names. I may decide to get the voting started for a Republic guild name in a day or two so that we can have one made since it looks like we're getting more and more people here now that early access has started and quite a few of them are Republic [face_laugh]
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well I managed to get my Early Access today! :D In case anyone wants to send a friend request I do have a Jedi Consular named Qatar! Either sometime tonight or tomorrow I'll make a Bounty Hunter but I'm too busy with Tython and getting out of there :p

Anyway, with the start of Early Access, I think it's time to do some voting!

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110924022509/starwars/images/thumb/e/e5/RepublicFinancialReformBill-POP.jpg/830px-RepublicFinancialReformBill-POP.jpg]

REPUBLIC GUILD NAME VOTE IS NOW IN SESSION!

So you guys have been asking about a guild? Let's get started on a guild! Since we have quite a few Republic players and a lot of our names are made for a Republic guild, I thought we can get started on sealing the deal for a Republic guild first. After this we can perhaps start discussing on an Imperial guild for the Canderous Ordo server but, for now, let's see what guild our Jedi and Troopers and Smugglers will be fighting for.

The Names So Far
    Hooper's Heroes
    The Omnipotent Force
    Forces of Light
    The Frogstar Fighters
    Carrack Hands
    TFN

[image=http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/5/50/AoLrepLogo.png]

What name shall we be fighting under during our service for the Republic? The choice is yours friends! Send me a PM, tell me which name you prefer, and I'll tally up the votes and we'll reach our decision! For this vote I will allow it to last for five days; from December 15th to December 20th. Anything familiar about that date? I hope so because that's when Early Access ends and The Old Republic is officially released to everyone! So after December 20th, I will be making the decision according to the votes that are in my PM box.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!
  17. D-Ludicrous Force Ghost

star 1
    I don't mind using TFN but you could call it "TheForceDotNet" You could use it to promote the website and say it's the "Offical SWTOR Guild of TheForce.net and Rebelscum.com" Is Canderous Ordo going to be our server?

And it's actually Carrick's Hand, I misspelled it.
  18. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    TheForceDotNet certainly sounds better and I'll go with that if the votes are tallied up in its favor.

And yes, Canderous Ordo is our server. We already have a bunch of people playing on it already and I just finished Esseles with my new Consular soooooo.... :p
  19. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    And Canderous is currently full.

Oh queue lines... I'm having flashbacks to DCUO. :p

Did we ever find out if Forces of Light is already taken?
  20. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    I did a search of Forces of Light in the guild section and there doesn't seem to be a guild with that name so I don't believe it has been taken.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I am getting the game, but may well be a on a European server since it is easier for me to play with people I know. But I can make multiple accounts, so I might do one on a server that I know people here are on.
  22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    You don't need multiple accounts; you can just make another character and play on a US server [face_laugh]
  23. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I meant character accounts, having a bunch of different characters rather than diverting all resources to one as I did when playing Galaxies. I could be a BH one place and a Smuggler somewhere else.
  24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
  25. D-Ludicrous Force Ghost

star 1
    I created 3 characters on Canderous Odo.

Korah - Republic Trooper
    Daanyah - Jedi Knight
    Nyohah - Smuggler

See you there.