main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Preparations - Guild Naming and Voting

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sarge221, Nov 29, 2011.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Heh. Yeah, Canderous is already full. I suppose that it'd be best, for playing with JCers and all that. Although part of me wants to figure out what these "RP" servers are all about.

I just finished downloading the darned thing now, so I guess I'll wait in line in Canderous.

edit: yeah, an rp server is probably more trouble than it's worth, and if I really wanted to do that, we have the RPF to do it much better :p

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah RP Servers are just where players pretty much RP [face_laugh] There's really no big changes in the server itself and the only real rule is that players chat and act as if they were actually role-playing as their character :p Too much trouble, especially since we do in fact have an RPF for that [face_shame_on_you]

And I heard that while Canderous Ordo isn't one of the most populated servers, its certainly up there in terms of population. Still, there are servers out there that'll have you waiting in a queue for an hour and a half to two hours :eek:

The only thing I worry about is when the game is officially released and how many more players there will be that may come to the server [face_hypnotized]

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Once it officially launches, there will be a whole traffic jam of users clogging the servers but like anything it will soon level out and we will be able to whenever we want to. It's funny reading some of the comments on SWTOR forums about how people are freaking out that there are too many people who want to play the game. People need to have some patience. This game is not going anywhere anytime soon.

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    My karma comes through! Through the first 3 FP's i looted not a thing. Just ran Mando Raiders and looted 4 pieces of the set from there(Upper, Lower, Gloves, Saber). Im now probably decked for the next 2 planets.

:D

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Changed my mind, I'm playing Calys, a Republic Trooper.

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Evil Jennifer Halez <.<

Haha, yeah I saw you while you were gathering your party I guess :p I was doing Hammer Station with another group at the time. Tried to do the thing last night but we went with a level 14 tank (there was no other tank available) and while we managed to get past all the other bosses, the final boss we just couldn't beat and I got one helluva repair bill afterwards :p But this time the group was much better and we managed to clear Hammer Station twice (the daily popped up twice or something) and I managed to get a sweet new lightsaber and robes :D

I was spending most of the day at work so I wasn't able to play that much; was only able to get to level 19. I did a lot of the starship missions, Hammer Station, and just started the beginning quests on Taris. There is actually one problem I seem to be having with TOR and it seems like Bioware tends to let you do the "daily" quests like...three times in a day :p I got the quest to Hammer Station last night, couldn't do it and beat it today, then as soon as my group got out we were able to accept the quest again and we went back and did it again. Then I got out and I was able to pick it up again. I didn't feel like doing it a third time in a row so I abandoned it...............then I bumped into a droid that told me to contact Satele which led me to getting the quest AGAIN.

I repeated a couple of the starship quests too but I think that was on purpose where you did one, then the other, then you get a quest that has you do both of them :p

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Damn straight, and I'm loving it. :p <3 Jennifer Hale.

I keep getting booted out though, and then having to re-queue ... :(

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There's no queue on Candy at the moment. Or at least, there wasn't 30 minutes ago.

Second character: SI, named Ghast.

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Is that just on Canderous or other servers too? o_O

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    All servers. I think it's my Internet connection. [face_frustrated]

11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I think someone was taking pictures of that dance party in the Dropship point on the Fleet. I heard the holocam from the DDE/CE click.

The Flashpoints, such as Hammer station, Esseles, Mandalorian Raiders, etc. are repeatable as desired. The Heroics on the planets, such as, since your on Taris: Fall of the Locust(4+) is repeatable once Daily.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Ah, that's what I got confused with :p I assumed everything was a daily even though I should've known better [face_laugh]

And blah, that sucks Xani. I've lost count over how many times my internet connection wanted to foul up on me during very important gaming stuffz. Halo: Reach was the worst one where three of my friends and I were playing the campaign on Legendary and during the middle or near the end of the level I would disconnect and the only time I could rejoin was when they completed the level. So they would complete the level, see all the cutscenes and the spoilers, and then reinvite me when they start the next level. Then my connection would go out and it repeats all over again until I just had enough and just played the campaign on Legendary by myself [face_beatup]

13. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Hey so Sarge tells me that Hooper's Heroes and TheForceDotNet are neck and neck in the polls.

What about a compromise, then? Maybe:

TFN Heroes
    JC Heroes

I like JC Heroes more... I'd say most of us identify more with the JC and not TFN anyway. What do you guys think?

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hooper's Heroes and TheForceDotNet are currently neck and neck and Xan does provide a good point. There's still two more days until the end of the vote but I'd be willing to hear the opinions of others about a possible compromise. I mean if we do go with something like TFN or JC Heroes it gives us the option of making a JC Villains guild for the Empire [face_laugh]

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'd support JC Heroes :)

16. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    But wouldn't the JC Villains be the Sith? You could then have SC Heroes for the Empire.

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, whichever you prefer :p Right now its a name for the Republic guild we're voting on but if people like JC Heroes we can go with that. It would certainly allow a voting for an Empire guild to be simple whether you want JC Villains or SC Heroes. That can be decided on after this though :D

So would everyone prefer JC Heroes or shall we wait for a winner in the current vote?

18. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I'd say let's just go with JC Heroes. But ...

Not sure I understand what you're getting at here. JC Villains is indeed the Sith... that's the point?

19. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    For those of you out there who are experts on this subject I'm just curious what are these guilds and stuff you guys are talking about. I'm asking because I'm new to MMORPG games so if someone could PM and explain it that would be greatly appreciated thanks[face_peace]:D

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Sure. Guilds are for groups of players who play together essentially. They are heavily encouraged in MMOs as there are missions that require groups of people (sometimes very large groups for some missions) in order to complete a mission. Guilds also tend to play together and travel together for certain missions. It adds another social element to the game as it's more fun playing at times with more people.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Alright so after some conversing its been decided that the Republic guild will be called JC Heroes :D Now all that needs to be done is for the guild to be created! For that, there needs to be a group of four people that have to meet up at the guild vendor guy on Coruscant and fork over 5,000 credits.

I'll be willing to pay for the 5,000; I just need three other people to be on so that we can form our guild :D So if you happen to be online the same as my Consular - Qatar - then send me a /whisper and hopefully we can all form up and take a quick trip to Coruscant to get this done [face_peace]

22. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Good thing I checked here! Canderous server it is. I'll let you ow who I am as soon as I get into it and can create my Jedi!

23. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally got a chance to create my characters, though I probably won't be playing much till the New Year. Corusca, a consular and Cinnagar, an agent, both on the Canderous server.

24. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Jedi Knight Nejaa (wanted Halcyon but someone took it). Hanging out on Tython and getting used to playing with a keyboard & mouse again (haven't played a PC game since DOOM 2).

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    ....Huh, that is quite a while [face_laugh]

Hopefully we more people we'll be able to get enough on at the same time to create the guild :p