main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Preparations - Guild Naming and Voting

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sarge221, Nov 29, 2011.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    This is going to sound like a dumb question but if our guild is going to for the Republic can you have Empire characters in it?

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    No you can't have Empire characters which is why I hope, sooner or later, we'll get an Empire guild set up on Canderous :p

3. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    So..I ran Taral V and The Jedi Prisoner with a PUG last night for the first time.

Holy Awesome Batman.

If you liked the story of Esseles, These are for you. Very heavy continuity wise with Esseles as well, which i was pleased with.

Also...on Taral V I ended up looting the upper and lower robes, and the LS from it( was only consular, so autowin!), then In jedi prisoner I ended up looting the upper, lower, headgear and LS from it...WINSAUCE. There was a very upset Jedi Knight and two very upset Troopers in that PUG. :p

The game seems very offsetting for some raids. Esseles is great for Consulars/Smugs from what ive seen, then the next 2 FP are very trooper, knight heavy in loot. Then Mando raiders is very troopers/Cons.And Taral V/ TJP is Cons heavy. The group content doesn't seem to matter, as long as there is 1 of that particular class there.

4. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wish I had that much luck when it came to lootz yet there is always another Consular that I have to fight with when it comes to it. But I had gotten a new lightsaber from Candemimu when I ran it for the first time and I love getting new lightsabers [face_hypnotized] Especially since I'm a synthweaver and can just craft everything else :p

I just picked up the Taral V this morning but I decided to hit up Alderaan since I was trying to make as much progress as I could before work. But talking with the Jedi Master on the Telos and then....stuff....happening, I'm excited for it. Especially since I have a feeling that I know what's to come :-B Maybe after Alderaan when I've gotten a few more levels I'll pug it tonight hopefully.

Also, sorry I didn't notice your pokes Zander. I was fighting with the auction house to put up auctions and it can be a little bit of a frustrating process when it wants to be. I know one or two people that just hate the interface in that game [face_laugh]

5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Poke-Ninja....Strikes Again!

My cross-country ride has been delayed, again, until tomorrow. If you wanna run Taral 5/TJP tonight I am definitely down.

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    ...I so definitely want to run Taral 5 [face_hypnotized]

I'll log in and send a whisper after I finish making a quick dinner :p

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Welp, I just got this game, and am a total noob to MMOs. I'm interested in joining the guild (whatever help I'd be).

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well we actually just formed the guild today so if you want just put down your character's name and you'll get invited soon enough :D

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems the Canerous Ordo server is full, with a listed 10minute waiting time. I'll probably go Sith Empire anyway and so won't join the current guild unless I make multiple characters.

I'm not against joining a US server, but given the time difference I'm not sure I will be around a lot at the same time as everyone else.

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    This is fine. Maybe if we get lucky the guild will get big enough that there will be groups of people that have the same time zone so that they can do stuff together [face_mischief]

Funny thing about waiting lines though. Even if I end up in a line that may take half an hour long, it seems like it'll only take ten minutes to get in. Hm... [face_thinking]

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Alright so we managed to create the Republic Guild JC Heroes a couple days ago so we finally got a place for people who want to fight for the Republic to go to on Canderous Ordo :D However, you know what this means don't you?

[image=http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Trailer-Sith-Empire.jpg]

Yep! It means that we need to get ourselves a guild for the Empire going! Just like we did for the Republic Guild, start throwing out names that you would like to use for the Imperial Guild. Would you like the 10005 Legion or something else? Start throwing out suggestions so that we can get them listed and start voting on them!

[image=http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/SwtorQueuesSite.jpg]

ONE MORE THING!

Something that you should all consider. As players of the Canderous Ordo server know, during the afternoon-evening where most people on the east coast have free time to get their game on, Canderous Ordo can be plagued with the much-annoying queue. While such queues don't normally exceed half an hour, they can be annoying and those with already limited time will just hate them entirely.

So while you're thinking about ideas for the Imperial guild, I want you to also think about something else. Should we make the Imperial Guild on Canderous Ordo or should we switch it to another, less-populated server so we don't have a queue? Say that you want to hit up your Republic character, you go to Ordo and see that you're waiting in line, so you decide to play your Imperial character on the server with our Imperial Guild. It's something to think about. I mean there is the bad part about not having our guild members battle it out with one another if they feel like it on the same server but that's what dueling is for where people of the same faction can duel one another.

It's something to think about and please make sure to write about your thoughts on not just the guild name but the possibility of going to a different server to fight for the Empire.

And for those of the TFN who may have already started Imperial characters on different servers and are currently playing with other Imperials from the TFN, please think about mentioning what server you all are on. It been five days since the game's release and I know we have Imperials out there; I just hope to get us all in one place :D

12. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Happy christmas all!

I managed to get in some game time (finally) and just got off Hutta with my Level 11 Agent. He's on Canderous, so obviously I'd prefer to stay there for an Empire guild, but you make a very good point about server queues. If people want to have the option of playing elsewhere, that's understandable- let's see what the consensus is.

I vote for JC Villains as the name, BTW, to match our sister guild.

13. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    I have two level 20 empire characters on Canderous Ordo and would like to join the guild wherever it ends up being.

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well that's two players that have Imperial characters on Canderous Ordo already :p We got anymore?

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have a Bounty Hunter on a European server currently, but I'm looking to add a new character to a US server soon. Given the problems with waiting times for Canderous I'm up for going wherever else the majority decide.

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Bah, I just wish I knew where everyone else from that 10005 guild thread vanished to. There was a big roll call for who would play Empire but once the game came close to releasing they all scattered with no prior preparations as to where they were all gonna play...hence this preparations thread :oops:

I may actually go to that thread, make a list of names who posted in it, then send out mass PMs to get their attention. Hopefully they haven't done anything crazy like not get the game [face_skull]

17. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I have a quick question can you make multiple characters on one account or do you have to have a seperate account for every character you do?

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    You can make multiple characters. Say I have a Jedi Consular now, I can still make a Jedi Knight on Canderous or even make a Sith Warrior on the same server as there is no faction restriction. And yes, if you want you can make another character on a different server.

19. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Ok thanks I still haven't gotten the game (I know i'm missing out on the fun) and multiple classes interest me so thats good to know

20. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I just straight up haven't been playing since the pre-launch. Been way too busy to even consider being in an imperial guild, let alone play the game. lol

I would love to play with a bunch of other JCers though.

Evil.

21. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I can't afford the game right now but I'll definatly be keeping an eye on this thread. Hopefully once I'm out of Uni and employed I might be able to get it.

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I'm hopefully getting it tonight[face_dancing] so hopefully I'll be seeing you guys out there tonight I'm looking forward to it:D

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Alright so we have two people that have Imperial characters on Canderous and two others that either want to avoid the queue or have an Imperial character elsewhere. The rest just haven't gotten the game yet for whatever reason [face_laugh]

Perhaps sometime tonight and/or tomorrow I'll keep an eye on the server list during the usual high game times and see what kind of populations that we get for some of the servers. It was pointed out that while we do want a lower population server, we don't want to go too low as servers can become ghost servers if the population isn't high enough :p

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/47/Darkcounsil.jpg]

VOTING ASSIGNMENT!

Alright, so here's what we're going to be voting on this time: are we going to have our Empire and Republic guilds on Canderous Ordo or should our future Imperial guild be moved to a different server in order to avoid queues?

Keep in mind though that this is the holiday week so people are going to be rather busy. With that in mind, the voting will last until January 3rd. This will also give me an opportunity to keep an eye on the server list and see how the populations are in the servers so that I may find likely candidates. So I'll probably be checking out the server lists during the usual high gaming times and try to find ones that have a good amount of population but don't have queues (or at least not a half hour one, lol).

What I want in your PM

Like before, I want all votes to be sent to me in a PM. The main thing we're voting on is this:
    1. Have the Imperial Guild on Canderous Ordo or move to another server?

However, there are also some secondary things you can throw in the PM if you so desire. These could be:
    2. Name of the Imperial Guild that you want
    3. Name of a server that you would like to be considered to put the Imperial Guild in.

These two are optional though and are mostly for future votings concerning the Imperial guild. If there's a certain name you want the Imperial guild to be called, suggest it in the PM to be voted on later. As for the server that you prefer, this is mostly to help me as I try to find likely candidates for a server that people will enjoy. These can be servers that you already have characters on or servers that you believe have the exact kind of population we're looking for.

As for what kind of server we want, I'm going to go by our first voting session and assume that we want a North American PvE server. East Coast or West Coast? Doesn't matter; its the population that matters.

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
  25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    So the voting ends tomorrow but I thought I'd pop in real quick and mention something that I've noticed. Such as the fact that Canderous Ordo hasn't been having queues as of late :p This could very well be because the holiday weekend only just ended and people have probably been out doing holiday stuff, but I believe Bioware has increased the population capacity for a lot of their servers, specifically the ones with queues as it hasn't just been Canderous Ordo. Been keeping an eye on the server listings and even now, when we're currently at or at least near high time for players to actually...play, not one server has a queue.

I will nonetheless go with whatever the votes decide on but those who have sent me votes have mentioned that its really only the queue that they've been having a problem with and there's been a severe lack of them lately.