main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Preparing for Comic-con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    ALLRIGHT!!!!! That was my last final YEEEPEEE! Now to get back to things that are more important then school?US!

Ok first thing Dan is organizing the comic con, now for those of you who are planning on being in costume; I am taking a trip to the fabric district in LA next week to get some more fabric. If you need to buy fabric for a costume, you are more then welcome to come with me in the Falcon. I will also be taking a trip to the leather store that is in San Bernardino; hence if you need a belt or shoulder strap of any kind you are once again invited to come with me.

If you don?t have any money and don?t really seriously think you are going to have your costume ready bye July 17, then I must ask you (so you don?t fill left out) to get one of are t-shirts. JawaGen is in charge of this so please get in contact with her. I don?t think we need the jackets right now being summer and all, so we should shoot for the t-shirts, we should be able to have them completed bye comic con if we can get ever ones money in time.

Now we have all talked about were we are staying. Odde has offered his house, I for one think this is perfect and we can have parties there, and on the other hand a hotel by the convention center (if they are not all sold out) would also be sweet because there is nothing more fun then a hotel with a bunch of Star Wars dorks having a good time bouncing between rooms. ( :mad: In less of course you don?t have a room, and because no ones hospitable enough to let you sleep on there floor, (for $100 buck I mite add) you end up sleeping IN THE $&*@ HALL WAY! [face_laugh] )few Sorry (although Odde,dude, I really seriously wouldn?t have traded that experience for anything that was soo funny!!!) Ok what was I saying? O yeah so as long as there are rooms left and we are all not broke, we can maybe stay in the hotel.
    But like I have said before the biggest benefit to the hotel is we don?t have to worry about parking?or rather ?I? don?t have to worry about parking; And remember the money we don?t spend on a hotel the more money we have to spend on all the sweet stuff they have at con.

Anyway Rogue, is going to look at the hotels on line and get a get some price quotes for how much it would cost if each of us chipped in, I believe the hotel next to the convention center is the Hyatt or the Helton I just remember it started with an H. If that is sold out there maybe some rooms at the hotel Dan is staying at?

JawaGen, if you could put here how much it is going to cost per t-shirt that would be great (be sure to factor in the cost of printing up are logo)

Thanks everyone O and I just got a new memory card for my camera, were talking 100 pictures it can hold now, so were are all covered there ;)

2. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ill get back to ya on where im staying, its only like 80 a night.

3. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    oh am I?
    glad you're here to tell us these things!

4. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    take the professor out back

5. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Shut him up or shut him down! ;)

6. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    I Suggest you do it you Over weight glob of grease or I will blast you in to a million pieces right here! :D
    or I can just get one of my other hands to do it, you know I have like 5 right? :cool:

7. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
  8. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    What Jason? you want one?

9. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    um, no i live within walking distance of the convention! so hahahahahaahhaahahahahah

10. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    dude...I'm really up for the whole hotel thing for a few reasons...the biggest being that if the WHOLE IE fan force decends on carls house..I dont think we will ever get an invite back... partying is one thing...people strewn everywhere sleeping is something else all together [face_mischief] also..if we could find a place close enough (or close to a direct bus line) we wouldnt have to pay for parking at the con. center. so...my vote is hotel...for carls sanity.

11. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    LOL, that's why I said only 5 people can stay at my house. I can handle a few people for a few days, its not like you guys will be at my house all day, you'll be at the comic con. Regardless, some people are going to HAVE to get a hotel room. Either way works.

12. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    If we all pitched in for a room we'd probly only end up paying like $5 each. If that.

13. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    dude, a cheap motel is 50 bucks, you gonna try to fit 10 people in a room made for 2? I don't think so.

14. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    yeah, not going to happen.

15. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    e fit ten in a small room when my paintball team compeated at las vegas a few years ago...with all our gear too! it can be done, as long as the front desk doesnt know and some people sleap on th efloor with sleeping bags or extra bedding, etc... also, most of th ehotels here are booked up, so look out in fashion valley, as the train runs from there to downtown

16. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    does the train run to the convention center?

17. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    yes, yes it does. i was told that there is a transportation center there near the mall....on friars road. call information i guess to find out scheduals, etc...

18. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Well its kinda pountless If we cant book a hotel next to the convention center and I just found out that there "are" booked up, so Carl?s house it is, and don?t worry about Carl?s sanity? I think we all know it was lost a long ass time ago. Besides there isn?t that many people coming. But, I believe we will have a party at Carl?s house on Saturday night if he is cool with that :D . YEAH OBI-WAN KENOBIS FOR EVERYONE!

19. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    The hotel rooms next to the convention center are very expensive. I already have a room reserved, but can't allow anyone to crash as my girlfriend will be staying with me. ;)

20. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    i heard that the rooms were booked a supre long time ago, like last year. I would say its worth it to get rooms about a ten minute ride away by train. and for 60 a night...thats pretty damn good, but you better act now before you all have to drive everyday! lol

21. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    yeah, most hotel by the con were gone in february!

22. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    ya i was going to go a couple years ago and had the same problem with hotels. Does anyone have a Whiny?

23. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    *jumps over in this thread*

Meesa wantin to go. I don't care what my schedule says I'm going more than one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.