main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Preparing for Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I think now would be a good time to start discussing what we want to do at Comic-Con this year. We have a proposal for a booth with Jeff Parks (although this has not been officially confirmed) and we do need to start collecting items for the gift baskets (4).

I have purchased four very nice Jango Fett ballcaps from a Disney Store closeout and I have been picking up some Lego sets as I see them on sale. We do have sponsorship from Del Rey and Wizards of the Coast, so do we want to ask them to donate items for the baskets?

What do we want to do about decorating a booth/table? If we have a table, I have a cover for it made with SW fabric. I also think we need to purchase a smaller banner (like 18 inches by 3 feet) with the new ESB-style logo (approximate cost: $50-$70).

Do we want to give out buttons again? I'm trying to find a discount supplier, but it still costs $20-$25 for parts to make 100 buttons (plus shipping).

I think we missed the window of opportunity to get those pens at a super discounted rate (about $200 for 1000 pens), so do we even want to have pens anymore?

What do the members want to do? I can make up a cost sheet for these items and we can discuss it at the meeting.

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We have some stuff around here that can go in the baskets and we can pick up some more stuff here and there as well.
    If the buttons are going to cost that much I think we should give them a miss.
    Are having stickers printed up a costly alternative?
    I would love to be able to have a costume workshop or three before con. I know you said you can't host them Donna. Is there anyone who can? I would love to but I don't think we have anywhere for everyone to fit and work around here.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll have some Star Wars goodies to donate to the four baskets as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.