main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preparing for Rogue One

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Nov 30, 2016.

1. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    I may watch The Force Awakens one more time before going to Rogue One (yes, I know it's a stand alone film, but TFA is the only Star Wars movie that I actually own), but perhaps not. I already bought a copy of Catalyst (actually my mom bought it, but used my discount card, since I buy a lot of books) but I have to finish the Clive Cussler novel I'm reading first (called The Solomon Curse). I'm a slow reader, so I probably won't finish it before Rogue One comes out. I have tickets for Sunday, December 18th at 4:10 p.m. in our UltraAVX theater (which has reserved seating. At least I was able to get the seat I wanted this time, unlike last year with TFA). I don't dress up to go to the movies (otherwise, what the heck would I do for Halloween? Planning on dressing up as Rey next year, but I'll be making the costume from a pattern I found on Etsy, since I'm not sure if the already made ones will fit).:)

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    By the way, I would highly recommend reading Catalyst. It is easily my second favorite Star Wars novel right behind Darth Plageuis (I wish Luceno could write every Star Wars novel).

Revyl Ren likes this.
  3. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Watching through I-VII to prepare. Probably watch III the night before again to get into the right state of mind.

Alienware and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  4. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm gonna try to read or listen to Catalyst before I see Rogue One. After that I'll definitely watch A New Hope.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I have a feeling that watching a bit of TCW and Rebels would be a good warmup for Rogue One.
    I just get that kind of vibe from the whole thing.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm probably gonna watch the prequels and some TCW.

B99 likes this.
  7. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I'll probably watch ANH before and after. I don't own ROTS and I think ANH will have more resonance anyway.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, tomorrow's the big day - tonight I'm watching Revenge of the Sith. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be watching the TCW arc that has ties to R1, and then head to the theatre :)

I'm leaving the Internet until tomorrow night - don't want to accidentally run into spoilers. See you guys on the other side :D

BigAl6ft6, Luke'sSeveredHand and B99 like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I read Catalyst when it came out, am watching ESB tonight, and will watch ANH sometime this weekend.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  11. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Should I watch SpaceBalls before or after seeing R1?

BigAl6ft6 and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  12. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Sadly, I think that was declared to be part of Legends. :p

13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    My plan was to watch the three prequels, all of TCW, and all of Rebels prior to Rogue One (I work from home so I can usually watch while working to a point). I quickly realize that was way too much when I got a late start. Decided to skip TCW other than one arc. Basically watched the prequels, read Catalyst, and should be able to finish Rebels between today and tomorrow.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sky Movies have their Star Wars channel active. Yesterday I watched AOTC and today was RoTS. Rogue One tomorrow morning. (We get it a day earlier in the UK).

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'd say its totally necessary.:cool:

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Less than 24 hours in US we will have a new SW movie in theaters!!!!

SuperSecretMuffin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Just started watching Rebels "The Honourable Ones", there's a reference to a R1 character and the episode opens with remnants of Imperial construction above Geonosis, which will hopefully be relevant (I mean, it has to be what else would they have been building above Geonosis?!). Going to watch Season 5 ep 2-5 of TCW which has the R1 character in it and then I saved the last 2 newest eps of Rebels for tomorrow.

Oh and I'm also reading this "Five Minute Recap of Revenge of the Sith" which is pretty funny.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Four hours until I can finally see this thing and slink back into the Rogue One forum. Then I have to decide my allowed spoiler level for VIII.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  20. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I still have 26 hours. Can't wait to go back into those forums without fear of spoilers.

21. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    I was rewatching a yt video of "Asohka vs. Inquisitors" and some snert spoiled in the comments what happened to the characters in Rogue One.
    I guess no where in youtube is safe, even old yt snippets of the SW Holiday Special or old Ewok Adventure trailers, grr.