Preperation for Episode II (Meet #11)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, we need to start planning for this meet. It is going to be by far the largest and most important meet this Fanforce has ever had(besides Meet #2, the first meet I went to :p) .
    Ep.II is incredibly close. So...Lets start!

Place: Loews theatre...
  2. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Date: May 16 2002
    Time: Show begins at midnight, so perhaps the date should really be May 15, as showing up at midnight isn't really an option if we hope to see the movie.
  3. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Reese, you should call the theater manager and see if tickets go on sale prior to the actual day. Most do.

Also, do we have anbody in Bosotn close to the theater?
  4. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, where are we gonna stay?
  5. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm going home after the show.
  6. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    THats gonna be hard for me. I think I'm gonna have to find somewhere to stay. Maybe a tent...
    Oh wait, Rob where do you live! ;)
  7. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    getting tix early is a really good idea.I beleive most theartre do sell em' early.My guess is at least a week in advance.

Also, do we have anbody in Bosotn close to the theater?

I'm close to the theartre,its only a 10 minutes train ride in.why?

8. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    If we see a midnight showing I'm gonna want to stay in Boston till later.
    For accomidations, I'll choose either...

1)Stay in an extremly cheap hotel. The Ritz perhaps :p ;)

2) Stay with the hobos for the night

3) Crash at a member's place till the trains to Worcester start working again.
  9. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We need someone close so they can check out how long the line is getting, what would be a good time to get there, where they actually want us to line up, etc.
  10. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Rob, if you do all that, we'll make you member of the year!!!!! hehe, its up to you, but you are the closest.
  11. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    technically i'm not the closest I think it would be Tony.But I dont mind going in town now and then,i was actually thinking of doing the camp out thingie.it might not be a bad idea to try and get a line going.we could try and talk to the theartre manager and see if we can do it.i know alot of you probably wouldnt be able to but I'm sure if we somehow got word around town of a line up people will show.

12. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I'm sure there are other SW fans around.
  13. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I live about a 10 minute walk away from the Loews Common Theatre. Dave, if you want to spend the night, I don't really care.
  14. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll look into when tickets will go on sale. I'll let you know as soon as I do so we'll be able to get enough for all of us. How long before the premiere did they go on sale last time? I hope they announce the sale date well in advance so I can place my order quickly. There're only so many seats in the theater and a lot of Star Wars fans crazy enough to see a show at midnight...

As for what to do after the show...hmm...two in the morning in Boston. No trains for a few hours...damn...I'm sure there'll be a lot more fans in the same position as us. Actually, we might just be able to add a lot to our membership that night. Perhaps we should have some fliers for anyone who's interested?
  15. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a note on advance ticket sales. When tickets went on sale for Episode 1 most theaters put a limit of 8 tickets per person. I was one of the last people to get tickets for the Midnight showing in Randolph.I think most chains will go with a limit.More than one person in line may be needed.

I would like to get together with a large group of fans for Episode 2 but I don't think I will go in to Boston for a Midnight showing. I plan on going to Randolph for the movie. If anyone wants to get a group for Randolph I would like to be a part of it.

I hope it doesn't look like I am messing up a Boston meeting but Randolph is just much easier for me.

Also, Randolph ran Episode 1 all night long the first day so I may actually go for 24 hours straight at the theater.

16. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thats freakin crazy Ryno. But a good thought :)

I'm definatly going to Loews. So Randalf is out of the question for me.

Thanks for the offer Tony. I might take you up on it. But who knows, maybe I'll just hang around and recruit people to my fleet.

17. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I can't go to Boston, I'll be in Randolph.
  19. jmkb-44 Jedi Knight

hello fellow fans,

I have 2 things I would like to add to the post:

1- I am in Rhode Island, if any Rhode Island or Southern Mass fans want to meet for the midnight showing, I would love to have you come along, I am already researching when tix will go on sale, and will be there with several friends, so getting enough tix will not be an issue. Email me or post if you have any questions.

2- On May 18th (Saturday), I plan on going to either the Randolph or Framingham theathers to see it in DLP, If anybody in those area's would like to meet up, also let me know, since I learned during Episode One, there is nothing better then seeing Star Wars with a ton of die hard Star Wars fans!

My email address is JMKB44@Yahoo.com, I hope to hear from some fans!

John
  20. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
  21. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ack, I can't be in Boston and Randolph at once...
  22. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ryno, mark me down for Randolph, I am willing to go to the first screening at midnight, (not sure if I can stay for multiple showings, got work next day...) if that's the way they intend to do it.

I live like 10 minutes from the cinena, so if you want a lift, or need a ride, lets talk.

Would love to go to see it with the Boston gang, but Randolph will have DLP, and that's where I plan to see it, to get the best experience.
  23. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    Perhaps we should post two additional threads, people who can go to the screenings at the Framingham DLP equipped cinema or the Randolph DLP equipped cinema, this way we can keep track of who is going to the Boston screening, etc...

Just a thought, instead of placing the answers spread over lots of other threads...
  24. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    This is becoming more and more complicated all the time.

Make the thread if you want newbies(or should we call you, the Randalph Rebels?).

I'm gonna see it in Framingham after I see it in Boston, but I'm still gonna see it in Boston first. It isn't easy to get to Randalph for me.
  25. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's easier to get to Randolph(and get back) for me, but that's not the point. We're the Boston Rebels. We'll be the joke of FanForce if we hold our Episode 2 meet outside of the city that we share our name with(as if having the City Rep miss a meet by a mere block isn't enough...). For other group screenings after the premiere, we can use Randolph and Framingham if we can make arrangements fast enough. But for the premiere, I want it to be in Boston.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.